Who should be on the 4th line?

TopCheese

Mar 16, 2016
canada
are we going to keep rotating players in and out? I’d go with timashov-gauthier-Spezza. Have not been impressed with shore and Petan Is just not suited for a 4th line role. Once Hyman comes back, move mikayev down to the 4th and drop Spezza if he haven’t improved

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
are we going to keep rotating players in and out? I’d go with timashov-gauthier-Spezza. Have not been impressed with shore and Petan Is just not suited for a 4th line role. Once Hyman comes back, move mikayev down to the 4th and drop Spezza if he haven’t improved

That should be the fourth line.

67Leafs67

Nov 8, 2014
I'm fine with the rotation for now. Obviously when Hyman & Dermott return, the cap situation will change, and I don't think we can carry a full roster, so it will have to stop. But at least in the present, this gives each player a chance to prove themselves in that role.

At the present moment, it seems Gauthier (with good reason, imo), has locked down one of the three positions. Otherwise, I think it will be Petan vs Timashov for LW, and Spezza vs Shore for RW. It's possible to keep two of both camps, but I doubt it will happen. At the moment, I think Spezza has an edge over Shore, and Timashov has an edge over Petan, but none of them have played more than 20 minutes this season.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Johnsson - Matthews - Nylander
Moore - - - Tavares - - - Marner
Micheyev - - Kerfoot - - Kapanen
Korshkov - - Gauthier - - Spezza
Switch Mikheyev and Johnsson, and I like it.

When Hyman comes back, trade Kapanen for D help, and bump Moore to the 3rd RW....or slot Hyman at 3 RW if Moore looks good.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
I don't have overly strong feelings in any particular way. I'd say Timashov-Gauthier-Petan, but a couple of issues might exist. Firstly, both wingers might be better suited to play on the left. Another could also be the lack of a right shot on that line.

Of greater interest might be who drops to the fourth line when Hyman returns. There's a lot of - and maybe too much - forward depth. Hopefully it's a good "problem" to have in terms of a trade. There's a definite drop off in ice time from top nine to fourth line. I'd like to think any of the options are too valuable to be that low in the lineup, especially for too long of a time.

Last edited:

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Once Hyman returns, probably Timashov-Gauthier-Moore would be my choice, but most likely Spezza is going in be in the lineup which means Timashov is taken out and waived or traded. However maybe Dubas considers moving a more expensive piece like Kapanen if the right deal comes along, especially if he plans on keeping Nylander and Marner around long term.

Reactions: kb

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Once Hyman returns, probably Timashov-Gauthier-Moore would be my choice, but most likely Spezza is going in be in the lineup which means Timashov is taken out and waived or traded. However maybe Dubas considers moving a more expensive piece like Kapanen if the right deal comes along, especially if he plans on keeping Nylander and Marner around long term.
Kap is in a rut right now, his body language terrible. That said, if he looks marginal on the third line, a deal would free up the cap a bit too. Id be open to the concept anyways.

Reactions: kb

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
I think when the dust settles Agostino will be on the 4th line.

Lets go Spezza between Agostino and Moore

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
I think when the dust settles Agostino will be on the 4th line.

Lets go Spezza between Agostino and Moore
I like it but ,Moore is to good,swap him for Hyman. Actually after last nights game I would like to see Marchment or anyone that might respond to their Captain getting creamed !

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
4 line needs to be a combination of players who are Robust/Big/Fast/Edgy and can create energy. Once Hyman comes back, I’m really hoping the 4th line is

Timashov - Gauthier - Moore

but somehow Spezza gonna be forced in there because of the Media and half of this fanbase

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
After watching the first 3 games, to me Petan-Gauthier-Spezza has outplayed Shore-Gauthier-Timashov.

I still don't get after how they played in Columbus the night prior, that Babcock would put both Shore and Timashov into the lineup.

I don't get it.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
4 line needs to be a combination of players who are Robust/Big/Fast/Edgy and can create energy. Once Hyman comes back, I’m really hoping the 4th line is

Timashov - Gauthier - Moore

but somehow Spezza gonna be forced in there because of the Media and half of this fanbase
Yep, if there's one thing you can count on with Babcock it's creating a lineup to appease the fans and media.

Reactions: qqaz

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Also hope Agostink get called up at some point.

I really don’t see why Shore is here tbh. I guess Babcock just wants 2 people to be able to take face offs on the 4th line at all times?

That could explain why Babcock is switching Shore and Spezza all the time but keeping GOAT in there

Guided by Veseys

Nov 14, 2011
I would be shocked if Dubas trades Kap during the season. He just signed him to a good contract and a few bad games won’t erase him from the future planning.
I wouldn’t mind it if he was traded but I just don’t see Dubas doing it; he seems to have a loyalty to his players. It would take a dreadful year by Kap for it even to be considered.
I hope Hyman starts season on fourth and works his way back up. He needs to outperform Mikeyhev and Moore.

gabeliscious

Jan 8, 2009
I would be shocked if Dubas trades Kap during the season. He just signed him to a good contract and a few bad games won’t erase him from the future planning.
I wouldn’t mind it if he was traded but I just don’t see Dubas doing it; he seems to have a loyalty to his players. It would take a dreadful year by Kap for it even to be considered.
I hope Hyman starts season on fourth and works his way back up. He needs to outperform Mikeyhev and Moore.

i cants see dubas moving hap. we need him for depth.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->