who should be in the rafters part 3

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
Huh?, I am clueless about the poll.

Is there an argument that any of these don't belong?

Mike Ramsey should be honored. How many years and one if the best defensive defenseman

Yeah, first two iterations of the poll has people vote that Horton and Gare shouldn't have been retired. Poll will continue until 50%of the votes go towards keeping everyone remaining. Maybe after that we can have a poll if people think different numbers like ramsay should have gone up instead

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Um no one should be up there besides Perreault and Hasek. Yes they should have a French connection memorial but retire 7 and 14? :shakehead

Don't get me started on LaFontaine or Gare. LaFontaine played what, 260 games as a Sabre? Is that a ****ijg Joke?

Sad that a team with 0 cups and a whopping 2 cup final appearances in 45 years with no Art Ross winners in franchise history has SEVEN RETIRED NUMBERS. Jesus, 7 retired numbers for a cup less embarrassment of a franchise.

MoneyMikeL1X

Jan 20, 2013
Yes yes yes! Spot on.... Retiring numbers should be saved for the best of the best only...Whats next... retiring Mogilny, Briere? Ray? Would not be shocked...SMH

The first owners, who because of them we get to watch this team in the first place get a piddly small banner way in the corner with just SHK NRK... RIP horton but number retired? please... SHK NRK TH French connection then Perreault , Hasek retired, that all you need...add one big banner for the fans for sticking around while your at it.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Yes yes yes! Spot on.... Retiring numbers should be saved for the best of the best only...Whats next... retiring Mogilny, Briere? Ray? Would not be shocked...SMH

The first owners, who because of them we get to watch this team in the first place get a piddly small banner way in the corner with just SHK NRK... RIP horton but number retired? please... SHK NRK TH French connection then Perreault , Hasek retired, that all you need...add one big banner for the fans for sticking around while your at it.

Exactly. If we retired Gare and LaFontaine why not Mogilny, Turgeon or Hawerchuk while we are at it? Ryan Miller in 5 years too :shakehead

Sabretooth

May 14, 2013
Ohio
So you're going to keep posting a poll until it goes the way you want it to?

This isn't rocket science. You're voting someone out and he's eliminated from the island and a new poll (minus the player voted out) is posted. When you think everyone belongs vote for "everyone". When "everyone" gets 50% then majority believes all the remaining players belong in the rafters.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
This isn't rocket science. You're voting someone out and he's eliminated from the island and a new poll (minus the player voted out) is posted. When you think everyone belongs vote for "everyone". When "everyone" gets 50% then majority believes all the remaining players belong in the rafters.

Could have just had everyone vote for who they think should be in the rafters in one poll...

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
Could have just had everyone vote for who they think should be in the rafters in one poll...

If you did a multi choice poll, that might be possible, but I'm concerned about not knowing how many posters would have voted against a given guy going up. You'd just see totals for each player without knowing how many were opposed.

dire wolf

immaculate vibes
May 9, 2006
Out in LA
Um no one should be up there besides Perreault and Hasek. Yes they should have a French connection memorial but retire 7 and 14? :shakehead

Don't get me started on LaFontaine or Gare. LaFontaine played what, 260 games as a Sabre? Is that a ****ijg Joke?

Sad that a team with 0 cups and a whopping 2 cup final appearances in 45 years with no Art Ross winners in franchise history has SEVEN RETIRED NUMBERS. Jesus, 7 retired numbers for a cup less embarrassment of a franchise.

On the one hand, you're not wrong. On the other hand, he was with the club for 6 seasons. His GP is so low because of the lockout and injuries. Even still, the dude scored 148 points in one season, was one of the best American players of all time (highest PPG, I think), was a crowd favorite, and was easily one of the most exciting players to ever don the Blue and Gold (admittedly, I never got to see Perreault play, but Hasek is the only other player on that level since I started watching them).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad