Who`s the best off. defenseman prospect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cayouche5

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
Just throw some names ... Ron Hainsey, Kirill Koltsov, Jay Bouwmeester, Keith Ballard, Steve Eminger, Dan Hamhuis, Carlo Colaiacovo, Shaone Morrisonn, Lukas Krajicek, Christian Ehrhoff, Marek Zidlicky,

rtafts

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
Cayouche5 said:
Just throw some names ... Ron Hainsey, Kirill Koltsov, Jay Bouwmeester, Keith Ballard, Steve Eminger, Dan Hamhuis, Carlo Colaiacovo, Shaone Morrisonn, Lukas Krajicek, Christian Ehrhoff, Marek Zidlicky,
Yep, those are all good. Barker was just the first that came to my mind.

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
ragfan said:
denis Grebeshkov
Isn't Grebs a hard nosed stay at home guy with a bit of offensive skill?

Now

1) Zidlicky
2) Hamhuis
3) ?

In the future

1) Krajicek
2) Koltsov
3) Hamhuis

Hainsey, Filip Novak (very underrated) Eminger Colaiacovo Morrison etc.. will all be great. IMO even though I'm a panthers fan, I think that Krajicek will become a premier Offensive D. He will have Horton, Nedorost, Weiss, Stewart, Globke, etc... to set up.

KingPurpleDinosaur

Bandwagon Kings Fan
Dec 17, 2002
irvine, ca
www.anteaterhockey.com
PanthersRule said:
Isn't Grebs a hard nosed stay at home guy with a bit of offensive skill?

naw, he's small (5'10" ish i think?) and will only do contact by rubbing players out on the boards. he's excellent on positioning, makes tight passes, and has a laser shot. he's not doing too hot in the AHL right now, but he's also coming off injuries. he'll be good when he gets going.

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
I agree Kolstov will be good BUT i think the only thing will make him survive will be his speed , stickhandling , and offense i dont think his defense will be too great .

Chartrand

Dec 3, 2003
Visit site
Grebeshkov is listed at 6'1" and doesn't look like an offensive defenseman in Manchester. Before his injury he was a solid +8 with 5 points in 20 games, but he's still out another month ( atleast ).

KingPurpleDinosaur

Bandwagon Kings Fan
Dec 17, 2002
irvine, ca
www.anteaterhockey.com
AHL MV said:
Grebeshkov is listed at 6'1" and doesn't look like an offensive defenseman in Manchester. Before his injury he was a solid +8 with 5 points in 20 games, but he's still out another month ( atleast ).

ya, i agree. to me, his most impressive features were his ability to position extremely well and his great passing. a very good quarterback for plays and i can see him dominating after a few years. while his stats don't show too many goals, i've seen his shot and it was a laser beam. unless that shot was a fluke, he has a pretty good cannon that can be molded into a pretty decent shot.

Winston Wolf

May 15, 2003
Philadelphia
LittlePenguin66 said:
Who`s the best offensive defenseman prospect of the last three draft years???
Top5 !!
What do you think??

THX LP66
Are you talking about all d-man draftees from the last three years, or just the ones who are still prospects?

If you are talking about all of the draftees, then Pitkanen is your man, if you're talking about the guys who are still considered prospects, then it's Ryan Suter.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
I think as far as guys not currently playing in the NHL, I would say Ryan Whitney and Cam Barker.

Whitney is just unreal offensively.

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
Pitkanen, Bouwmeester, Eminger, Whitney, and of course, the obligatory homer pick, Trevor Daley :eek: .

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
I was just wondering if anybody would consider Danny Richmond for this. I've heard a lot of people who are really in the know say that Richmond looks a lot like David Tanabe did a few years back before he hit the NHL and had some of his deficiencies exposed. He just won a gold medal at the WJC's. Has anybody gotten an extended look at him? Would he qualify here?

#37-#93-#27*

ragfan said:
Forget Grebeshkov, I confused him with Koltsov.

What bout Fedor Tyutin?
Tjutin offensively isn't on the level as the ones being named. He's better all around.

Easily Jay Bouwmeester or Joni Pitkanen the rest are below a considerable gap.

icarus

Mar 6, 2002
Kingston, ON
Visit site
Caniacforever said:
I was just wondering if anybody would consider Danny Richmond for this. I've heard a lot of people who are really in the know say that Richmond looks a lot like David Tanabe did a few years back before he hit the NHL and had some of his deficiencies exposed. He just won a gold medal at the WJC's. Has anybody gotten an extended look at him? Would he qualify here?

I haven't seen him play, but he's got half the points Wisniewski has in more games played (for example). Not saying he's a bad player, but judging from his stats he doesn't belong on this particular list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->