Who plays with Crosby in Sochi?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benedict Kovalchuk

Kovalchuk: A spy?
Jul 19, 2011
CASCADIA NOW
Hall sucks on big ice...

And his injury cost him what little chance he had at making the team.

Agreed. He got benched early on in the last World Championship and was subsequently demoted to the 4th line for the rest of the tournament. I wouldn't be opposed to including him if he had shown some good big ice results, but he has yet to do that.

BackhandToeyJoey

Jan 16, 2013
Agreed. He got benched early on in the last World Championship and was subsequently demoted to the 4th line for the rest of the tournament. I wouldn't be opposed to including him if he had shown some good big ice results, but he has yet to do that.

Was somebody else benched along with him? I cant really recall.

smackdaddy

x – Edmonton
Nov 24, 2006
B.C.
Not really. Monahan will develop into a much better player than Hall whose career will be over in a few years because he can't keep his head up. Only Oiler fans are putting Hall as a candidate for team Canada, there are much more deserving players that won't make the team than Hall.

:laugh:

Flames fans.

CanadianFlyersFan18

Aug 24, 2009
Assumin Giroux makes the team I'd give him the nod. He actually played all 4 seasons of JR. Hockey on the wing and personally believe his hockey sense and offensive creativity best fits the needs of Crosby, with a natural winger like Rick Nash flanking the 2.

spiller19

Sep 23, 2013
Duchene and stamkos would be ideal if stamkos isn't good to go then I would probably put giroux on that line if him and Crosby can kiss and make up

Quagmier

Feb 6, 2003
pics.rapecity.net
This is an outside the box suggestion, but i would maybe consider putting Toews on Crosby's wing.

With Canada's glut of center depth (less so with Stamkos' injury, more so with the stellar play of Duchene and Getzlaf this season) Toews doesn't necessarily have to play the center position. Considering how well he fared as a winger in 2010, and that i think he and Crosby would compliment each other well, I wouldn't mind seeing them paired together.

Gallatin

A Banksy of Goonism
Mar 4, 2010
Pittsburgh
Crosby is the most skilled and talented "Grinder" of all time. You need speed and strong board play to maximize Sid's impact.

Other than the obvious pick - Martin St. Louis, which wingers are fast, tough along the boards, and have some skill is the question I have because those kind of players are your answer.

And Nash + Crosby was pretty abysmal last Olympics, so leave him off the list please.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
Crosby is the most skilled and talented "Grinder" of all time. You need speed and strong board play to maximize Sid's impact.

Other than the obvious pick - Martin St. Louis, which wingers are fast, tough along the boards, and have some skill is the question I have because those kind of players are your answer.

And Nash + Crosby was pretty abysmal last Olympics, so leave him off the list please.

I agree. I don't think Nash even makes this team.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Hall sucks on big ice...

And his injury cost him what little chance he had at making the team.

I don't think we have a strong enough sample size to conclude "Hall sucks on big ice"

Him and Duchene flat out don't work together because they both want the puck through the neutral zone. Even with Hall playing amongst the least minutes on the entire team he still put more shots on net per 60 than anyone not named Stamkos.

I don't think that's a fair statement at all.

Not really. Monahan will develop into a much better player than Hall whose career will be over in a few years because he can't keep his head up. Only Oiler fans are putting Hall as a candidate for team Canada, there are much more deserving players that won't make the team than Hall.

Are you ignoring last season when Hall finished top-10 in scoring and took maybe 2 big hits the entire year?

He "learned to keep his head up" last year, came in this season and he got rocked a few times early in the year but seems to have fixed that again. I think he gets it, he just needs to constantly remind himself so he doesn't revert back to his old habits.

He even said in an interview that he "changed his skating style so he's standing more straight up" he said it "gives him a better view of the ice and helps with decision making"

He knows, he gets it.

As for Monahan being better than Hall we'll see I guess, Hall is very dynamic and has already been a top-10 scorer at the age of 21 so you're setting the bar extremely high for Monahan.

adam94

BU Terriers
Nov 16, 2011
Long Island
St. Louis - Crosby - Stamkos, if Stamkos is healthy.

If not, I'd say Kunitz - Crosby - Nash (assuming Nash is 100% healed from his concussion).

Perry deserves to be on the first line in my opinion but I'd rather pair him with Getzlaf.

hockeybrianboy

Nov 11, 2013
Chicago, IL
Perry is guaranteed to play on Getzlaf's line. Toews not centering his own line is never going to happen; he centered the best line in the ENTIRE 2010 Olympics with Richards at his side, there is ZERO way he isn't C 2. Benn is playing 3rd or 4th if he makes it. Richards will be on the shut down line. And Nash with Crosby was a disaster in 2010.

hockeybrianboy

Nov 11, 2013
Chicago, IL
Terrible ? I don't understand why people think that. Nash was solid with Crosby IMO. Far from terrible.

Considering the talent this team has, solid might as well be terrible from Hockey Canada's perspective. They will undoubtedly change that line to try and get more production out of Crosby, especially now that Stamkos is out. They will try to match Crosby up with the hottest scorers going in (which right now would be Tavares and Duchene). And no Getzlaf and Perry will not get broken up to play with Crosby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->