Who plays with Crosby in Sochi?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayRosehillMVP

snubbed again
May 28, 2012
Philadelphia
Not really. Monahan will develop into a much better player than Hall whose career will be over in a few years because he can't keep his head up. Only Oiler fans are putting Hall as a candidate for team Canada, there are much more deserving players that won't make the team than Hall.

Your saying Taylor Hall, one of the fastest players in the NHL (lots of open ice) and PPG+ player doesn't have a shot at team Canada? I understand you just want reactions from Oilers fans, but you really have no point.

Sean Monahan? Seriously?

Flamesjustwin

Oct 8, 2010
London ON
Your saying Taylor Hall, one of the fastest players in the NHL (lots of open ice) and PPG+ player doesn't have a shot at team Canada? I understand you just want reactions from Oilers fans, but you really have no point.

Sean Monahan? Seriously?

No, I want team Canada to ice the best team they can and that most certainly does not include Taylor Hall. Again, find me somebody that is not an Oiler fan who thinks he should be there.

DadBod

Sep 1, 2009
Coquitlam
I seem to be in the minority here but even though Kunitz has chemistry with Crosby doesn't mean he should make team Canada.

If he wasn't playing with Crosby he wouldn't make the team
If he didn't have chemistry he wouldn't make the team

I'm less worried then some people about Crosby having "chemistry" with his potential line mates, he's the best player in the world, he'll be fine. Pair him up with another top player in the world and they'll figure it out.

Drij

Mar 5, 2007

Sean Monahan? Seriously?

Hall sucks on big ice...

And his injury cost him what little chance he had at making the team.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
If Getzlaf is not on Team Canada then I'd say Perry otherwise someone else.

I don't think that Duchene should be Crosby's winger tbh though Duchene should definitely be on the team. Duchene's more effective as a centre, he's a solid 2-way player more-so than guys like Eric Staal so you want him in the middle or at least on the PK which he'd be able to do if you give him the 4th line centre spot.

Kunitz shouldn't be on the team just because he has chemistry with Crosby. Yeah he's a good player but Sidney Crosby's a friggin all-star who's gonna be getting the most minutes and you want a guy better than Kunitz playing against him. Crosby's gonna be able to adapt to his line-mates if they have talent and there are guys who have better talent and finish than Kunitz.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
With Stamkos, I would have him in between Stamkos and St. Louis naturally. Without Stamkos, I would line Perry up on his right to clear up space and for all the dirty work and put Matt Duchene on his left.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I find it weird that Crosby, and all his greatness, doesnt seem to "fit" well with other superstar combinations.

Example: Kovalchuk-Malkin-Ovechkin looks orgasmic, and is more then likely going to be Russia's undisputed 1st line. For Team Canada on the other hand though, its a crap-shoot as no one really seems like an obvious choice to play with Crosby. It's like we are trying to shove a puzzle piece into a hole it doesnt fit into when making these projected lines

Kovy-Datsyuk-Ovi looks a lot better to me

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
If Bylsma had his way it'd be Kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis.

That's of course if Bylsma was Canadian.

Slim Cognito*

Give Jamie Benn a chance!
I have to agree. Benn is clearly Canada's best option on the top line. There's just something about the Dallas Stars organization that churns out elite talent.

:stars

Subby Dubby Doooo

May 19, 2013
Montreal, QC
I would honestly have hall - crosby - stamkos as my 1st line. Hall with his great speed, underrated passing ability and some grit, will get the puck to crosby and stamkos. Hall is also a natural LW unlike duchene who would have to switch over from center

MCDAVIDISH

Jul 18, 2011
Edmonton
I didn't realize there was a quiz involved to medal, Crosby can be the smarts on that line, Hall is also a pretty underrated passer, if I was Canada I would seriously consider Hall as one of Crosby's Wings.

Hall would be unreal, I do think however he needs to show a bit more this year. If he can get his game back to where he was last year soon then I could see him being on the team.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Would love to see:

Duchene/Crosby/St. Louis (Would also accept one of Nash, Tavares or Giroux if need be)

**** Kunitz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad