Who played at a higher level? Malkin, Kucherov or Draisaitl

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
Who would rate was the better player in their signature Art Ross winning seasons?

Malkin in 11/12
Kucherov in 18/19
Draisaitl in 19/20

IMO, Malkin was more of a one man show than the others and was clearly more dominant on a per game basis.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Yeah it's Malkin clearly, then Kucherov and Draisaitl not too far behind.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Malkin
Draisaitl
Kucherov

Draisaitl and Kucherov were basically on identical paces but Draisaitl plays the more important poisition, had much greater goalscoring rate, and played on a SIGNIFICANTLY worse team than Kucherov. I really don't see the argument for Kucherov over Draisaitl.

Comparing Draisaitl to Malkin is tough, I think it's pretty close. I ended up giving it to Malkin because he absolutely carried the Penguins that year and that was probably the best regular season hockey he ever played.

Reactions: slapKing

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Malkin
Draisaitl
Kucherov

Draisaitl and Kucherov were basically on identical paces but Draisaitl plays the more important poisition, had much greater goalscoring rate, and played on a SIGNIFICANTLY worse team than Kucherov. I really don't see the argument for Kucherov over Draisaitl.

Comparing Draisaitl to Malkin is tough, I think it's pretty close. I ended up giving it to Malkin because he absolutely carried the Penguins that year and that was probably the best regular season hockey he ever played.

I think the McDavid factor and the extra few minutes of ice time cancels out Kucherov's advantages, but not 100% on that just a hunch.

Reactions: Dion TheFluff

Crow

May 19, 2014
I don’t like malkin very much and I think he is a bit overrated here as he had as many lackluster playoff performances as great ones, and people here ignore that. Still think he wins this one easily. I guess I think points were a lot harder to come by then for one. Great regular season performer.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
I think the McDavid factor and the extra few minutes of ice time cancels out Kucherov's advantages, but not 100% on that just a hunch.
I get it, but I think having Point/Stamkos/Cirelli/Palat/Johnson etc versus McDavid/RNH/.... works in Tampa's favor and thats ignore the huge advantages of having Hedman/Vasy behind you.

The ice time argument will be the hill I die on. Production doesn't increase linearly with increased ice time, and it never has. Plus draisaitl is used in defensive situations that Kucherov isn't used for- because its not his strength and the team has the depth not to. So at least some of Draisaitl's "extra time" is a negative not a positive.

Zamuz

Oct 27, 2011
Finland
I don’t like malkin very much and I think he is a bit overrated here as he had as many lackluster playoff performances as great ones, and people here ignore that. Still think he wins this one easily. I guess I think points were a lot harder to come by then for one. Great regular season performer.

Malkin? the guy who was not included in top-100 greatest NHL players when for example Kane and Toews were? About playoffs, he has a conn smythe unlike almost no one else

he is underrated if anything

Reactions: sanscosm

Nathaniel Skywalker

Oct 18, 2013
Only thing I have against malkins 12 season was the best player in the world was limited to only 22 games. Which makes the competition weak. Where as kuch beat mcdavid straight up

Crow

May 19, 2014
Malkin? the guy who was not included in top-100 greatest NHL players when for example Kane and Toews were? About playoffs, he has a conn smythe unlike almost no one else

he is underrated if anything
He is underrated in that respect. Not sure what that had to do with what I said. I said here, and you decided to ignore that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad