Who or what is to blame

onebighockeyfan

May 2, 2010
Calling Plekanec awful I have to question if you actually watched the games?

It's easy to **** on the veterans and parise the kids, but the kids get the favorable matchups because the vets take the tough ones. I don't see Gallagher or Galchenyuk on the top PK, on late defensize zone draws or against the opposing top line.

The reason Galchenyuk was sitting the last 5 minutes is he is 18 and pretty much our worst defensive player. Doesn't take a genius to figure that. He's shown flashes of high end skill but is still -2 even with easier matchups. Tinordi was lost on the kicked in goal, if he was covering/intercepting Zibanejad then we are probably not talking abouta bad call by the replay officials.

Just to note that we only have 3 guys in the + range....look at it with a larger sample size.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Therrien and his inability to adjust down the stretch and in the playoffs. He is an average coach at best and his weakness has been showing. This is what happens when you rehash a coach just because he can speak French.

Price's up and down play from the last couple of weeks of the season has continued into the playoffs. I am a fan of his but I am worried a little and wonder what is going on in his head.

There is more obviously but those are the tow main things IMO.

JV

Feb 12, 2003
na
Visit site
Am I the only one who thinks that we outplayed Ottawa 3 of the 4 games. If not for Anderson (Neo from the Matrix) this series is easily 3-1 Montreal.

I agree. It's been painful, but especially because the boys deserved a better fate in games 1 and 4, based on overall play. But that's life.

There are things to improve about the Habs, no doubt, but were it not for a few bad breaks the series would be 2-2 or even 3-1 our favor.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Our top 2 centre man are in major goal scoring slumps , pleks 2 goals in 23 games. D.D 2 goals in his last 26 games . It just seems like this team can't score goals

Desharnais is a pass first guy so you can't really measure him on goals...though he needs to play better(game 4 was his best of the 4 games though).

It gets harder to score when some of your best scorers are all out...Eller Gionta Pacioretty and Ryder clearly playing hurt and Plekanec is getting a ton of defensive assignments with Eller out and Halpern in and out.

Overall the offense has been there most of the series, Anderson has just played great.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Therrien and his inability to adjust down the stretch and in the playoffs. He is an average coach at best and his weakness has been showing. This is what happens when you rehash a coach just because he can speak French.

Price's up and down play from the last couple of weeks of the season has continued into the playoffs. I am a fan of his but I am worried a little and wonder what is going on in his head.

Where has Therien not adjusted? What have been his weaknesses?

Halifaxhab*

In addition to all the points raised by he OP:

• Anderson
  • Sens play in the third period
  • Luck

and every bounce going their way...it's more than luck...it's blind stupid sheer luck. This series could very easily be 3-1 for us.

So. Has this thread hit on these points?

Price not stealing a game
MT's terrible coaching
DD not living up to his contract (that starts next year)
Lack of size
league wide conspiracy
Halak would have won it for us by now

*checks back in thread* yup. sorry, I thought there would be some original thought.

We are definately not losing because of Price

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
Blame the new goal song Allez Allez Allez Montréal it has cursed us. :sarcasm:

Habs rocketed up the standings this year, and after a good summer desmurfing we should be even stronger next season and for some time to come.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I knew we didn't have enough depth for the play-offs Bergevin should've acquired 10 depth forwards and another number 1 goalie, we all knew Price, Eller, Pacioretty, Bourque, Gionta, Prust, Emelin and White would get injured.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Bergevin said all year he wanted to evaluate the team. We've had a lot of positives this year for example Subban becoming just dominant, Gallagher proving to be a very good young player and Eller starting to breakthrough as a second line 2-way centre.

Sucks the way the playoffs have gone but the future looks very bright with Subban, Price, Eller, Galchenyuk, Gallagher, Pacioretty etc.. Bergevin will have had a year under his belt as the Habs' GM this offseason and now he'll have a better idea of what needs to be done to make this team a contender.

With a healthy Emelin and Eller things would've been a lot different these playoffs but every team deals with injuries, should be an interesting off-season especially the draft.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Bergevin said all year he wanted to evaluate the team. We've had a lot of positives this year for example Subban becoming just dominant, Gallagher proving to be a very good young player and Eller starting to breakthrough as a second line 2-way centre.

Sucks the way the playoffs have gone but the future looks very bright with Subban, Price, Eller, Galchenyuk, Gallagher, Pacioretty etc.. Bergevin will have had a year under his belt as the Habs' GM this offseason and now he'll have a better idea of what needs to be done to make this team a contender.

With a healthy Emelin and Eller things would've been a lot different these playoffs but every team deals with injuries, should be an interesting off-season especially the draft.

I think you can pretty much highlight the players that need to go.

onebighockeyfan

May 2, 2010

-----

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
The refs.

No team that works as hard as we do should have gotten so few PP's in last night's game. And of course that was just the tip of the iceberg, with blown faceoff call, the blown pucking kicking goal, and the icings that were marginal at best.

I hate to say it, because i truly believe in the "no excuses" mantra, but we've been seriously screwed by the refs this series.

Besides that, obviously the injuries have hurt us a lot. But there is no doubt in my mind that we've been the better team this series, absolutely no doubt. Its really been a case of biased reffing and Anderson sitting on his head.

The refs aren't the problem but excuses only IMO. In game 1 we had a 5 on 3 after the Eller hit and didn't capitalize. The final decision of the kicking goal came from Toronto

Bottom line IMO is we're simply not ready for this kind of play just yet, now we hope Bergevin sees it and starts making some changes, we don't need much but a few in certain areas mostly physically

Pr3Va1L

Jul 2, 2008
-Size (look at all the injuries... )

-Lack of killer instinct (too many blown 2-0 and 2-1 leads because we didn't score that 3rd goal)

-The ******* referees ! Not only did they blow calls, they did it at crucial times in games.

CanadiensVault

Jan 22, 2013
I'll tell you one thing, being outscored 10-0 in the 3rd period certainly hasn't helped. Where is that killer instinct we had at the start of the year that made us so successful? We sit back in the 3rd, playing Jacques Martin hockey. That's not the recipe for success. If we even play average in the 3rd, we're up 3-1 in this series. Instead, we completely **** the bed.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
Lack of finishers, it seems we have a lot of shots, all season long, but very low goal percentage, we would dominate teams during whole periods and come out with one goal or not at all. When i say finisher i mean we need a big time scorer, like Gallagher and Galchenyuk will be in a near future.

Bourque, Gionta, Plek, DD, even Ryder and Patch at this point haven't been scoring much. Some of them are having good games, and even good season, but none of them has had the killer instinct to score that goal this season or those playoff. It's mainly Markov and Subban who have made this team this good, and they have been offensivly neutralisés by the Sens, so at this point size become a problem if you can't hustle your way to a goal or rely on sheer talent up front.

Size on the backend is becoming a real issue when the Sens forcheck, that's why (Emelin) and Tinordi are looking so good this season/playoffs, the have the reach, the body size and the grit to take that kind of forcheking and punish.

Fozz

Aug 1, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Hockey is to blame. This is the nature of the sport and that's all... There's no point in looking to lay blame on someone/something.

Fozz

Aug 1, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
and every bounce going their way...it's more than luck...it's blind stupid sheer luck. This series could very easily be 3-1 for us.

So. Has this thread hit on these points?

MT's terrible coaching
DD not living up to his contract (that starts next year)
Lack of size
league wide conspiracy
Halak would have won it for us by now

*checks back in thread* yup. sorry, I thought there would be some original thought.

We are definately not losing because of Price

Price stealing a game would require that the Habs get outplayed, which hasn't been the case in any of the games to date.

Edit: Saw that comment in white after my post, you sneaky little bi**h.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->