Who might be moving to Glens Falls?

Status
Not open for further replies.

McDrailers

Apr 13, 2013
Newfoundland
The IceCaps are owned by True North but are leased to some politician (whose name escapes me right now) who runs the team.

Danny Williams. Scariest guy NL has to offer politically wise.

I think the Ice Caps are as well. I think TNSE sold all or part of Moose when they bought the trash, I mean Thrashers....

They are owned equally I believe between Danny and the TNSE groups

No. IceCaps have sold out every game for 3 years and Binghamton just renovated the arena. Neither are moving.

You would think that this would eliminate us from moving but there have been serious rumours that after our lease next year the team is moving to Thunder Bay, barring they have an arena done

Thunder God

Mar 12, 2007
ThunderDome
In my opinion it is 2 teams from the West!

1 Oklahoma City Barons
2 San Antonio Rampage.

Side Note to 210! Abbotsford Heat lease runs out in 2019

Last edited:

axecrew

Feb 6, 2007
In my opinion it is 2 teams from the West!

1 Oklahoma City Barons
2 San Antonio Rampage.

Side Note to 210! Abbotsford Heat lease runs out in 2019

If it is one of these teams.....who moves to the Western conference then? Bad enough the alignment is so dumb now, can you imagine if they moved another team out east?

Rumblick

Nov 23, 2004
I - 78
If it is one of these teams.....who moves to the Western conference then? Bad enough the alignment is so dumb now, can you imagine if they moved another team out east?

Move Utica to the East (though they can keep their 12-games with Abbotsford for attendance reasons out west); then bring Rochester to the east, and make the East an 18-team conference. The West could be made up of two 6-team divisions.

Hey, the ECHL's had unbalanced divisions for a number of years. What would be the big deal?

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Move Utica to the East (though they can keep their 12-games with Abbotsford for attendance reasons out west); then bring Rochester to the east, and make the East an 18-team conference. The West could be made up of two 6-team divisions.

Hey, the ECHL's had unbalanced divisions for a number of years. What would be the big deal?

Rochester's resisted the move to the East, but it depends on if it is OKC that's relocating, but now that we have 3 divisions of 5, why go back to 2 divisions of 7 +? Wouldn't that reintroduce the rediculed cross-over, that was finally abolished when OKC was added to begin with?

Disengage

Nov 11, 2007
Rochester's resisted the move to the East, but it depends on if it is OKC that's relocating, but now that we have 3 divisions of 5, why go back to 2 divisions of 7 +? Wouldn't that reintroduce the rediculed cross-over, that was finally abolished when OKC was added to begin with?

What are you talking about? Rochester desperately wants to go back to the East. They play non-Conference games against the East division more than they play the Midwest and West division teams in their conferences.

Rumblick

Nov 23, 2004
I - 78

Rochester would kill to be in the East, and so would their fans.

You don't need 2 divisions in the East - you can go with 3. You also don't need a crossover (not sure where you got that idea). You can play with the alignment any number of ways; the schedule is tweaked to fit an individual team's needs anyway.

As we're just spitballing here, here's one way to go:
1: Charlotte - Texas - San Antonio - Abbotsford - Hamilton - Toronto
2: Chicago - Milwaukee - Grand Rapids - Lake Erie - Rockford - Iowa

3: St. John's - Portland - Manchester - Worcester - Springfield - Providence
4: Utica - Rochester - Syracuse - Albany - Adirondack - Binghamton
5) Hartford - Bridgeport - Wilkes-Barre - Allentown - Hershey - Norfolk

Coach Nate

Angry Rampage Expat
Aug 17, 2008
San Antonio
San Antonio isn't going anywhere. 5th in the AHL in attendance and they are owned by the Spurs.

My thought is OKC. They move to Glens Falls and Norfolk takes their spot in the "West Division" giving Charlotte a geographical rival.

Tommy Hawk

May 27, 2006
Maybe Springfield or Syracuse will be moving..... Their attendance is usually in the crapper and their owners are always threatening something or another. Hows about Albany or Portland?

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Rochester would kill to be in the East, and so would their fans.

You don't need 2 divisions in the East - you can go with 3. You also don't need a crossover (not sure where you got that idea). You can play with the alignment any number of ways; the schedule is tweaked to fit an individual team's needs anyway.

As we're just spitballing here, here's one way to go:
1: Charlotte - Texas - San Antonio - Abbotsford - Hamilton - Toronto
2: Chicago - Milwaukee - Grand Rapids - Lake Erie - Rockford - Iowa

3: St. John's - Portland - Manchester - Worcester - Springfield - Providence
4: Utica - Rochester - Syracuse - Albany - Adirondack - Binghamton
5) Hartford - Bridgeport - Wilkes-Barre - Allentown - Hershey - Norfolk

one, it's not Allentown, it's Lehigh Valley,

two, Wasn't Rochester enticed when the 3 division alignment was proposed, and it was a tandem deal w/ Syracuse, to balance the NY Teams,, even if Albany and Binghamton and Syracuse remain in the East?

Disengage

Nov 11, 2007
Maybe Springfield or Syracuse will be moving..... Their attendance is usually in the crapper and their owners are always threatening something or another. Hows about Albany or Portland?

Springfield won't move without the league moving another team in, they have to have one in the backyard.

Syracuse isn't going anywhere right now, Dolgan is gloating about how he did such a great job getting Tampa to put a good team on the ice last year. There's some talk of a new arena.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad