Who makes the team out of camp? (Rookies)

Choose your poison!

• Benson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kozak

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Kulich

Votes: 11 18.3%
  • Rosen

Votes: 7 11.7%
  • Rousek

Votes: 18 30.0%
  • Savoie

Votes: 21 35.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.3%

• Total voters

TheBarnIsElectric

Sponsor
Jun 15, 2010
Camp is going to be super interesting, if last night was any indication. I thought Savoie, Rosen, and Kulich all showed what they needed to in order to be in consideration. Johnson as well.

There's some guys on the backend of the 23 who should not feel secure in their jobs (VO, Jost, Rousek, Greenway, Bryson, Stillman, Jokiharju).

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
Savoie looks the most rounded/ready, Kulich has the shot, Rosen darkhorse ? Kozak will replace Jost next season, Johnson first D callup ? Johnson/Power tandem for the future ?

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
Savoie is a difficult call. He looks like he has outgrown the W and they don’t have many options barring an exemption to the A. But Rousek showed last year he can play at the NHL level and if winning is the priority, especially with a rookie tender, I think he makes a lot of sense. I wouldn’t be surprised if Savoie is the call, but I think Rousek should get the look.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
I don’t think we have any rookies contributing to the team right out of camp. I do think injuries and position strength will be a huge indicator of which rookies will make the team. I think Johnson has the best chance to making enough noise to be the first call up in the case of injuries/quality of competition.

I would then place Rousek has the next favorite as I feel the team doesn’t have much in terms of role player type of guys. I think the organization makes the call to send Savoie to the WHL if they cant find a way to get him to the AHL.

I think Rosen is a guy that is most ready for the NHL but I think there’s things they want him to show at the AHL level. Same with Kulich.

Reactions: Jacob582

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Doubtful, but honorable mention to Weissbach, Murray and Biro.

Possible if there are injuries and they're looking for an "older prospect" to be 13 forward.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
Hasn't the Sabres already requested an exemption for Savoie? Shouldn't that tell people they don't see him penciled in the Sabres roster?

I already have assumed Rousek is on the team, but if someone else get on it's Rosen or Kulich, but I think they stay in Rochester until an injury or Olofsson trade.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Hasn't the Sabres already requested an exemption for Savoie? Shouldn't that tell people they don't see him penciled in the Sabres roster?

I already have assumed Rousek is on the team, but if someone else get on it's Rosen or Kulich, but I think they stay in Rochester until an injury or Olofsson trade.
Not necessarily. The exemption means they want the option available to send him to Rochester if they need to. Not that they think he's not going to play.

Havok89

Oct 26, 2010
I think Savoie will be only one based on not wanting to send him back to the CHL.

Kulich can marinate a bit longer in AHL and should be first call up.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Going to be an interesting battle for roster spots, that’s for sure. Rosen looks like he wants it bad based on the start of the prospects scrimmage.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Quinn's injury does make for an interesting opportunity - do they break camp with one of their slew of offensive prospects? Or is it that they keep a checking line type of utility knife and let someone internal try to fill the scoring line goal (like say Krebs)?

Option 1 would be the quad of Kulich, Rosen, Savoie and Benson all jousting for position.

Option 2 would be Rousek and maybe Weissbach, Murray or Biro.

It'll be interesting to see how camp and the pre-season games shake out. At the moment, I have no idea which way they are leaning from the staff.

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
"Making the team" Savoie will most likely get his 9 game tryout. Kulich and Benson are 0% chance to me. Rousek fits well and can make Jost a healthy scratch. Rosen doesn't belong on the 4th line but will be first callup for a "Skill" position.

most likely in order to me is

Savoie
Rousek
Rosen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad