67 Benoit Pouliot
36 Mats Zuccarello
22 Brian Boyle
15 Derek Dorsett
28 Dominic Moore
45 Arron Asham
14 Taylor Pyatt
40 Brandon Mashinter

Kreider, Hrivik, Lindberg, Fast, Powe and Allen go down. Rangers try to deal Powe. The others don't have to go through waivers. Mashinter makes the team because he's done okay--has size, toughness and the Rangers don't want to lose him to waivers.

vipernsx

Flatus Expeller
Sep 4, 2005
Not Asham. Guy sucks!

JT Miller looks really good as does Hrivik. IMO I think it's a matter of is playing time in the AHL better for them then limited minutes in the bigs. Miller just plays so much better at center though there's just not the room for him.

Kreider hasn't done well there and IMO Pouliot wasn't impressive either. I wanna see Hrivik or Miller get a shot with Nash and Richards.

IMO, Allen, Lindberg, and Fast can use more seasoning at the AHL level, though are all close.

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
What I'd like to see.

Start of season:

Zuccarello-Stepan-Nash
Pouliot-Brassard-Fast
Miller-Richards-Hrivik
Boyle-Moore-Dorsett
Pyatt

Staal-Girardi
McDonagh-Strålman
Del Zotto-Moore
Falk, Bickel

Callahan returns:

Zuccarello-Stepan-Nash
Pouliot-Brassard-Callahan
Miller-Richards-Fast
Boyle-Moore-Dorsett
Pyatt

Hagelin returns:

Hagelin-Stepan-Nash
Pouliot-Brassard-Callahan
Miller-Richards-Zuccarello
Boyle-Moore-Dorsett
Pyatt

or

Hagelin-Brassard-Nash
Miller-Stepan-Callahan
Pouliot-Richards-Zuccarello
Boyle-Moore-Dorsett
Pyatt

Punxrocknyc19*

Maybe a trade or a surprise waiver pickup coming up?

the way the announcers were talking about Powe and how he played most of the preseason games, i hope its to showcase.. i hope that AV didnt fall in love with him already like putting him on the ice when down a goal or on the powerplay :help:

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
the way the announcers were talking about Powe and how he played most of the preseason games, i hope its to showcase.. i hope that AV didnt fall in love with him already like putting him on the ice when down a goal or on the powerplay :help:
YEAH, jOE WAS definitely PART OF THE CONSPIRACY THERE BUT HE SEEMED TO RUN OUT OF SUPERLATIVES PRETTY FAST IN THE END...

iPhone :help:

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Eco- Fast hasn't made himself impossible to be cut, but I wonder if he won't get a short look and see.

JT Miller has played decent, considering the conditions he has had to perform under. Missing the first half of camp etc.

Chris Kreider has just not played well enough IMO. I just can't put it any other way. He isn't playing good hockey out there, on any line. Some are saying that he must play with someone that can get him the puck. But when you think about it, do you want Kreider to have the puck?

Lindberg will play his best hockey with good players. So far he hasn't played with any good players. With that said, he will and should start in HFD.

Hrivik isn't quite there yet.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
For Game #1 GTD, before the game starts and after the line up is released, can we do a poll? A simple agree or disagree. It'll be the coach's first test from HFB.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
Goal-2

30 Henrik Lundqvist
43 Martin Biron

Defense-8

27 Ryan McDonagh
18 Marc Staal
5 Dan Girardi
4 Michael Del Zotto
6 Anton Stralman
17 John Moore
44 Justin Falk
41 Stu Bickel

Forwards--13 + 2 injured.

61 Rick Nash
21 Derek Stepan
16 Derick Brassard
24 Ryan Callahan--injured
19 Brad Richards
62 Carl Hagelin--injured
10 JT Miller
67 Benoit Pouliot
36 Mats Zuccarello
22 Brian Boyle
15 Derek Dorsett
28 Dominic Moore
45 Arron Asham
14 Taylor Pyatt
40 Brandon Mashinter

Kreider, Hrivik, Lindberg, Fast, Powe and Allen go down. Rangers try to deal Powe. The others don't have to go through waivers. Mashinter makes the team because he's done okay--has size, toughness and the Rangers don't want to lose him to waivers.

From what I've seen, there's no way Asham makes the team over Powe. I also don't see Mashinter making this club, either.

I'd say Fast stays, Mashinter goes, Asham goes, Powe stays, Bickel goes, Allen stays.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Staal is the only player who had a good preseason. Some players had their moments. All of the forwards with one way contracts plus Miller will make the team. 12+1. 13 forwards. Callahan and Hagelin on IR. They have 14 one way contracts in total. 7 D. Falk as the 7th.

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
Staal is the only player who had a good preseason. Some players had their moments. All of the forwards with one way contracts plus Miller will make the team. 12+1. 13 forwards. Callahan and Hagelin on IR. They have 14 one way contracts in total. 7 D. Falk as the 7th.

Strålman was not very good in the LA game, but was to me the standout in the pre-season. Our best d-man in every game he played (bar the LA game, but all d-men were pretty bad in that game). His performance vs Vancouver was incredible.

EDIT - Note to self: Got to stop nagging about Strålman, this is getting ridiculous...

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
AV is already discussing moving a center to the wing. Either Richards or Brassard. They have no idea how the team will lineup 5 days away from opener. Stepan will skate with the team for the first time tomorrow. They like righties on the PP but the roster has just two righties and both of them weren't available. Then Callahan will be healthy followed by Hagelin in 3-4 weeks. Most of the players sent down tomorrow will get a chance to play with the Rangers this season.

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
Goal-2

30 Henrik Lundqvist
43 Martin Biron

Defense-8

27 Ryan McDonagh
18 Marc Staal
5 Dan Girardi
4 Michael Del Zotto
6 Anton Stralman
17 John Moore
44 Justin Falk
41 Stu Bickel

Forwards--13 + 2 injured.

61 Rick Nash
21 Derek Stepan
16 Derick Brassard
24 Ryan Callahan--injured
19 Brad Richards
62 Carl Hagelin--injured
10 JT Miller
67 Benoit Pouliot
36 Mats Zuccarello
22 Brian Boyle
15 Derek Dorsett
28 Dominic Moore
45 Arron Asham
14 Taylor Pyatt
40 Brandon Mashinter

Mash goes down Krieder stays (deserved or not). Although i dislike the way people go after Bickel on this site, under no circumstances should he be making this team unless we have like 8 injuries.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Mashidiot at his best is a complete non-factor on the ice. When he isn't at his absolute best he takes unnecessary penalties.

He has no place on a NHL roster.

People like him cause hes not named Powe or Asham and they want new bodies in.

at the same time Im hoping they waive Asham, Powe and Bickel today. See who claims them and if nobody well they stay and if they do then see whats on waivers Sunday or go with a kid

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
Asham, Powe, and Pyatt will probably all make the team and I think our bottom 6 may look similar to what it did last year until Cally and Hags return. Miller is the only rookie who makes it.

I have a bad feeling that AV will use Richards on wing leaving us with Stepan, Brassard, Moore, and Boyle down the middle.

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
Asham, Powe, and Pyatt will probably all make the team and I think our bottom 6 may look similar to what it did last year until Cally and Hags return. Miller is the only rookie who makes it.

I have a bad feeling that AV will use Richards on wing leaving us with Stepan, Brassard, Moore, and Boyle down the middle.

If Miller is on the team he's 3c, move Boyle to 4LW and go with Stepan, Brass, Miller, Moore. Solves several problems.

Hagelin-Stepan-Nash
Richards/Pouliot-Brassard-Callahan
Pouliot/Richards-Miller-Zuccarello
Boyle-Moore-Dorsett

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
From what I've seen, there's no way Asham makes the team over Powe. I also don't see Mashinter making this club, either.

I'd say Fast stays, Mashinter goes, Asham goes, Powe stays, Bickel goes, Allen stays.

The opening post is just about the team as I think it's going to be and not necessarily who I would pick in all cases. If it were up to me for instance Richards would have been bought out. IMO he's shown less in preseason than Lindberg. I want Taylor Pyatt off this team very badly. I can deal with Bickel being an 8th d-man if he hardly plays.

Probably the guy I've been most impressed with of the kids is Fast but again I think the Rangers will protect players that will have to pass through waivers. Does Mashinter stink? He skates fairly well for a big guy. He plays a physical--sometimes nasty game. His other skills are on a par with lots of NHL 4th liners and spare forwards. The one I really wonder on whether he makes it or not is Kreider. There are times he looks like a beast and other times he's not doing much. Some of it is how he fits with other players.

Last edited:

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
so on snyrangersblog read that AV hoped to know who the 7th was going to be so sounds like they are not carrying 8 like he originally said he likes to do? That means Falk spares and waive Bickel down to CT. Allen down for playing time................That's the route I would go no doubt

Also waive Powe and Asham so they have the ability to get one down when Cally and Hagelin are activated. Again I doubt anyone claims them and well if they claim say Asham its not like Mashinter and Haley cant play that role now. Goon it up here and there

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia

it sounded like AV said 2 kids will make it though. Maybe he grouped Powe and Asham into the group battling for 2 spots though. Miller is a lock

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad