Who makes the playoffs in the East.

Who are the 8 that make it to the playoffs in the East?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
Teams in at the moment:

Capitals
Bruins
Islanders
Canadiens
Hurricanes
Flyers
Panthers
Penguins

Teams on the outside:

Toronto
Tampa
Buffalo
Rangers
Blue Jackets
Senators
Devils
Red Wings

Pick 8 teams you can see making the playoffs.

P.S. I'm gonna make a poll at the 1/2 way mark and the 3/4 mark and lets see how we do.

Last edited:

sufferer

Dec 6, 2017
1. Boston
2. NYI
3. Washington
4. Tampa Bay
5. Carolina
6. Pittsburgh
-
WC 1. Toronto
WC 2. Philadelphia

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
The leafs would have to become a completely different team and have a huge turnaround for sure.

They’d need to play 13 games above .500 in their final 61 remaining games to hit 96 pts and 96 pts (usually the cutoff) wasn’t enough last year.

They’ve been playing at an 87-88 pt pace for almost an entire calendar year now.

They only have 6 regulation wins out of 21 games played this year and all of those 6 wins are against teams that rank 25th or lower in overall league standings.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
If you look at it, I think just about unanimously everyone thinks Tampa Bay is going to make the playoffs. So that's at least one team falling out. And then possibly Toronto is talented enough on paper to say, this team should make the playoffs. So that would flip two teams out.
And those most likely two teams are the Panthers (unfortunately) and the Flyers IMO. The Penguins have had injuries, but they seem to just know how to make the playoffs. But clearly it's a total mystery at this point. It could be several different combinations.

Mar 26, 2010
Boston
Montreal
Washington
Tampa
NYI
Philadelphia
Carolina
Pittsburgh

Calling it right now, Toronto is missing the playoffs.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
1. Boston
2. NYI
3. Washington
4. Tampa Bay
5. Carolina
6. Pittsburgh
-
WC 1. Toronto
WC 2. Philadelphia

Switch out the Leafs and insert Florida.

There is something not quite right with the Leafs this year and the microscope they are under doesn't help.

Neutral Hockey Fan

Sep 24, 2010
1. Boston
2. NYI
3. Washington
4. Tampa Bay
5. Carolina
6. Pittsburgh
-
WC 1. Toronto
WC 2. Philadelphia

not possible

unless the leafs were a divisional seed and someone else took their wildcard spot

Boston
Tampa
Montreal

Washington
NYI
Carolina

Philadelphia
Florida

And the Penguins win Lafreniere with a 2% chance winning the lottery

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: MattMartin

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Boston and Washington are locks and the Isles and Canes continue to look legit after last season. I would also be shocked if the Bolts don't go on a run and make it easily again.

I think the final three come down to the Pens, Flyers, Habs, Leafs and Panthers. The Pens seem to get in no matter what their injury situations are so I don't see them missing, and I'm starting to get on board with the idea that something's up in Toronto and they're not going to turn it around until Babs is fired. I also think the Flyers get in this year. They have the talent and have been alternating in and out years for awhile now and it's another in year. So I think it comes down to the Habs and Panthers, and while I keep thinking the Panthers should get in, they just always find a way not to. So I'll say the Habs.

Boston
Tampa
Montreal

Washington
NYI
Carolina
WC1: Pittsburgh
WC2: Philadelphia

Howe Elbows 9

Sep 16, 2007
Sweden
I currently feel confident about five Eastern teams making the playoffs; Washington, Boston, NY Islanders, Pittsburgh and Tampa Bay. I also voted for Carolina, Montreal and Toronto.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad