Player Discussion Who Made You Most Nervous Whenever He Touched the Puck?

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Guy Lafleur, no doubt. The Bruins were always there with the Canadiens but Lafleur was the difference maker. I think the Bruins would of had a least two or three more Cup banners hanging in the rafters if it wasn't for him and Dryden of course.

Agree with BMC on this one Tuukka scares the hell out of me more than anyone has when he plays the puck.

Outside of Tuukka I got go with Jim Weimer, you just knew something was going to go bad when he was on the ice.

Jim Weimer. A name to strike fear into the heart of any opponent.

PS Yes, Tuukka is no Marty Brodeur. Neither was Timmy in that Tampa Bay playoff game (sic).

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
Opponent:
Guy Lafleur. And it’s not like him just having the puck, winding out of his own end, hair flowing in the breeze wasn’t enough. For games in Montreal, as soon as he touched the puck the fan noise would rise incredibly, putting you even more on edge.

Bruins:
Wensink/Byers
Matt Bartkowski

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008
Kovalev for me. Guy had an uncanny ability to just score big goals against the Bruins.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
This may sound sacrilegious, but last year in the playoffs Pastrnak was scary as shit and kept turning the puck over at the point, especially on the PP.

The puck getting behind Pastrnak at the point as last man back is scary as shit.

Pastrnak being last man back is scary whatever the situation actually. He usually just ends up abandoning defensive position with a hopeless hit or telegraphed poke check.

Reactions: McGarnagle

Bruin4Life

Nov 6, 2006
Dennis shoots Wideman
Hill Gal
Matt Bartkowski
More recently matt belesky

Someone who just made me cringe in general watch skating was Trent Whitfield. Always looked like he was hunched over dragging his gloves on the ice trying to skate

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Opponent: Evgeni Malkin

Bruin: Hall Gil and Kaberle

honorable mention: Torey krug pinching up to keep a play in the offensive zone leaving Carlo on a 2v1 at bare minimum once a game.

Reactions: BMC

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Daniel Briere was another one of those players who always seemed to score against the Bruins.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Mario Lemieux and then the 2013 playoff Patrick Kane

Bruins the 2019 playoff David Pastrnak

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Mario Lemieux
Pat Lafontaine
Boone Jenner (playoffs)
Ryan O'Reilly (playoffs)
Erik Karlsson (3 years ago playoffs)
Mitch Marner (playoffs)

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Can't argue with Lemieux. Dude murdered us... Reason #11 why I hate him. Hypocritical self-righteous douchebag, who also happened to be probably the best forward to ever play the game.

I hate that move he made on Bourque and on the goalie

I broke the table or something... I remember

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad