Who looked better after their rookie season, Zach Werenski or Miro Heiskanen?

Who looked better after their rookie season, Zach Werenski or Miro Heiskanen?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
Heiskanen no doubt.

Werenski got to ride shotgun with a franchise D in Jones under his wing., whom he definitely complimented very well but Heiskanen's most frequent partner last year was Roman Polak and he drove that pairing for Dallas.

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
Werenski easily. He was a beast.

In my opinion Werenski was the best rookie in the league in his first year. I would have given him the Calder.

Heiskanen wasn't even top 3.

Reactions: AB13

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
They’re both studs! I went with Heiskanen. I was hoping the Avs would draft him, but we got Makar instead. Bummer! :sarcasm:

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Heiskanen, by a lot. I'm a Jackets fan and Heiskanen is easily better defensively compared to rookie Werenski.

Werenski in his rookie year was getting caught on pinches multiple times per game. That or getting straight up burned by faster players. We had a lot of debates about it on the Jackets board at the time. Werenski never got much of a bad rap for his defense because Jones, Savard, and especially Bobrovsky were incredible that season at covering up for him. Bobrovksy probably faced a dozen breakaways that year purely on Zach's account. I seem to remember him stopping all of them. He's just now, a couple seasons later, becoming a top pair level defender. Heiskanen, in my limited viewings, is at that point two years earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad