Who likes what Sweden did on World Cup selections?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe_shannon_1983*

I think that them, along with all countries, could have made some adjustments, to more proven international players:

Henrik Sedin ----> Michael Nylander
Daniel Sedin ---- > Magnus Arvedson
Samuel Pahlsson ----> Nicklas Sundstrom
Nils Ekman ----> Mikael Renberg
Christian Backman ----> Kenny Jonsson
Henrik Lundqvist ----> Johan Hedberg

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
jcs_1983_shannonman said:
I think that them, along with all countries, could have made some adjustments, to more proven international players:

It may be my Duck fan bias showing, but Sami Pahlsson was a very good pick. He is a horse on defense, and does well in international play from what I've seen. He's the ideal 4th line center, if not 3rd line.

leafaholix*

I love what they did.

I don't watch some of the players, but I especially like their goaltending selections.

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003

Arvedson and Renberg are both out with long term injuries. Arvedson will probably even retire. Sundström and Hedberg haven't played good enough to be on the team. Nylander and Jönsson are the debateable ones..

Seiza

Feb 28, 2002
Sweden
Riddarn said:
Arvedson and Renberg are both out with long term injuries. Arvedson will probably even retire. Sundström and Hedberg haven't played good enough to be on the team. Nylander and Jönsson are the debateable ones..

Agree, Jönsson and Nylander are the only ones that should/could (depending on who you ask) be on the team among those listed. Even though I'm a big fan of Arvedsson, he was never close to a spot on the roster..

Robertsson 4-ever

Jan 26, 2004
Wexio
habsfan9 said:
the only problem in their lineup is not having nylander in the mix :banghead:

Yeah, we could need some more offensive depth, but the swedish coach doesn't think that way. He want two offensive lines and two defensive. With Forsberg, Sundin, Näslund, Alfredsson, Modin and Zetterberg we have a quite good top-6 anyway.

Tampa GM

Mar 1, 2002
Visit site
Kronblom said:
That game only? How about the World Championships 1986 when Sweden scored two goals late in the game forcing a tie? :)

Anders Masken Carlsson :banana:

Didnt Mats Sundin score two goals against Finland in the last minute sometime in the early 90s to tie that game as well?

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Leafaholix said:
I love what they did.

I don't watch some of the players, but I especially like their goaltending selections.

Are you really that enthralled with the goaltending? I just don't see it.

Robertsson 4-ever

Jan 26, 2004
Wexio
Tampa GM said:
Anders Masken Carlsson :banana:

Didnt Mats Sundin score two goals against Finland in the last minute sometime in the early 90s to tie that game as well?

Wich I could have watched those games, can't imagine how happy I would be if I watched this live. The feeling when Sweden scored on Finland in this years Champs, or last years quater vs Finland. It's so fantastic. :D

Leo Naphta

May 14, 2004
On top of the World
Robertsson 4-ever said:
Wich I could have watched those games, can't imagine how happy I would be if I watched this live. The feeling when Sweden scored on Finland in this years Champs, or last years quater vs Finland. It's so fantastic. :D

I was unable to watch last years game, so I listened to the Swedish Radio, but I don't think it really mattered. The radio transmission from approximately the finnish 5-1 goal and onwards was absolutely brilliant. I don't think I've ever listened to better radio. Granqvist almost disintegrated when Forsberg scored the equalizer, lol. It still happens that I listen to parts of it over the web - the entire game can be found on SR:s homepage.

Finkle is Einhorn

Oct 13, 2003
Visit site

I know that they are not the best players in the world or anything, but I am still pretty shocked at how little respect the Sedins get in the world of hockey. They are definitely good enough to be on the squad in my opinion.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Robertsson 4-ever said:

*searches for tape of Nagano quarterfinal game where Teemu scored twice on Tommy's 5-hole* :p:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->