Who is your teams best player so far?

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
Even if I take away bias it’s still Eichel. It’s not about the games he got points in, it’s the game he doesent like last night engaging in the physical play and leading by example. Making him captain has payed off so far as the kid has gone from going “if I dont put up points tonight it reflects bad on me” to “if we don’t win this game tonight it reflects bad on US.” He’s accountable. He’s more mature and his plus minus is reflective of that even compared to what it used to be, especially considering when we’ve lost we’ve been blown out and he’s out there all the time. So it’s actually very good as are his backchecking I can’t say he’s taken one night off this year. He’s on the ice for a ridiculous amount of goals though. That’s helped but almost every night he looks like a world beater just hasn’t had the finish all the time but like I said above he is concentrating way more on the team winning. He jumped about ten feet when ristolainen scored in Anaheim the other night on the bench. Last night was maybe his worst game offensively but he was still doing a lot of little things and helped lead us to victory.

I know recent votes will go to skinner, but the truth is he was way too inconsistent for the first half of the games. He’s certainly been the best the lAst few.

As amazing as dahlin has looked he’s still not the best player right now but looks like he could be that in as near as a few seasons. Dahlin is still 18 but he’s been a top 5 arguably top 3 player so far. On a 6-4 team in the best league in the world, still adapting to the culture, ice, teammates, playing a tough position on not a sound defensive team conapard to others. It’s incredible really.

Hutton and ullmark have shown flashes of brilliance and McCabe has been good too.

Ristolainen and Reinhart too inconsistent but good at times. Okposo, Mittkestadt are both starting to show up a lot more which is promising, scandella has taken steps back but that’s not what this is about.

Pominville looks rejuvenated since joining the Eichel skinner line.

Still just Eich has been so all around great, you really can’t NOT go with him here. He could be leading the league right now, he’s seven points off, obviously every star player has tons of chances where they go “oh well if those chances went in id be be the leader too.” I’m just talking about the number of chances that you could argue easily should of been goals. The quality ones that probably should of gone in. He’s had one counted off through the legs highlight reel vs the there’s been three posts two by reinhart (one on a beautiful backhand no look pass) one from Sheary, and oh god....Sheary also fanned on numerous one timers, a few of them were open net tap ins and he played himself off the top line. Eichel almost missed an empty net hattrick by an inch or two a few games back so let’s just say not all of those go in because that’s a stretch but let’s say just half counted or went in....in he’s just a couple pts back suddenly and remember those are only the top quality ones. Not even counting his end to end rush vs the sharks and skating by an entire knights and avs teams where the shot went shot went above crossbar and wide right in both those games respectively.

The main point though I’m trying to make the is aren’t just the point totals for him as I said, it’s his whole game from off the ice to on it. I usually avoid cliches but Eichel has embodied this and quite frankly I only hoped he would, I wasn’t positive he would and although it’s early, so far he’s done way better then originally anticipated.

Good on Jack.

Last edited:

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
Erik Gustafsson has been the single biggest positive surprise, but the best player has been Toews no doubt. He just dominates out there. And he's playing with two kids.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
John Gibson

followed by Corey perry… mostly cause he hasn't played and had a chance to suck with the rest of the team

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad