Who is your team’s (and your) biggest rival?

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
For Erie, Niagara is probably the top rivalry right now due to location and playing each other 6 times. The fanbase still really hates London and I would say they are kind of a secondary rivalry, but it's cooled a lot right now because of Erie's struggles. 2014-2017 Erie-London was definitely a much bigger rivalry with both teams being near the top of the league. I'd also say despite the location, Erie-SSM were probably decent rivals at one point since Erie knocked them out of the playoffs three years in a row.

Reactions: OttersFan and NOA

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Windsor's has to be London; name me another team where fans get just as riled up. Not Sarnia, not SSM, not Flint, not even Saginaw. It's London. Heck, this season, I'd almost say Windsor's their own rival, too.

Rivery is almost gone.
London owned Windsor last decade.

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Rivery is almost gone.
London owned Windsor last decade.
I agree but it’s only 1 good Windsor team away from being a “Battle Royal” again. London vs Kitchener is at this time London’s biggest rivalry even though statistically London has done very well recently against the Rangers.

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
For Sudbury it's got to be North Bay or Barrie.

For me personally, it's the 95% of the Wolves fanbase that is utterly embarrassing and contributes to our fanbase being the worst in the league.

*Player has the puck in his own zone setting up the breakout*

The average Wolves fan: "SHOOOOOOT THE F******* PUCK YOU ******* IDIOT ****"

fishfan51

Sep 7, 2008
Niagara Falls
For Erie, Niagara is probably the top rivalry right now due to location and playing each other 6 times. The fanbase still really hates London and I would say they are kind of a secondary rivalry, but it's cooled a lot right now because of Erie's struggles. 2014-2017 Erie-London was definitely a much bigger rivalry with both teams being near the top of the league. I'd also say despite the location, Erie-SSM were probably decent rivals at one point since Erie knocked them out of the playoffs three years in a row.
I wish the feeling was mutual. From a Niagara standpoint Erie is not a rival. It should be based on history (Thunder) but numerous team are closer to Niagara geography wise. (Hamilton, Missy, Kitchener. Guelph, etc.) I've never seen a very rough game between the two and their games don't have much of a direct impact on the standings being in separate conferences.

fishfan51

Sep 7, 2008
Niagara Falls
I'm not sure Niagara has a real rival on the ice. As a fan, London and Oshawa because of finals and playoff history. But, neither of those teams would consider Niagara a rival. When the Dogs first arrived the rivalry with Mississauga made sense. But, it's hard to have a rivalry with nobody. (no fans)

WolvesFanSudbury

Oct 8, 2016
For Sudbury it's got to be North Bay or Barrie.

For me personally, it's the 95% of the Wolves fanbase that is utterly embarrassing and contributes to our fanbase being the worst in the league.

*Player has the puck in his own zone setting up the breakout*

The average Wolves fan: "SHOOOOOOT THE F******* PUCK YOU ******* IDIOT ****"
This is straight facts. Gotta love it

Reactions: WaW

JoelKRangers

Aug 31, 2018
As a Kitchener Rangers fan, every game they play against London is always a big game and I hate seeing them lose to the Knights (which happens too often) but just love it when the Rangers can come out with the W against them. Guelph is a close 2nd, being very close in distance to each other and could possibly be playing each other in the first round of the playoffs for the 3rd year in a row. It always seems to get rough and physical against Owen Sound whenever the Rangers play them so they'd be #3. And then whatever teams the Rangers play in the playoffs as of late determine rivalries like the Soo and Sarnia in 2017-18 and I could see Saginaw/Flint becoming a big rival with the Rangers if they meet in the playoffs this year. But I'd say London will always be the #1 Rangers rival, even if the Knights don't feel the same way

MoWanchuk1

Feb 18, 2017
oh maybe Oshawa and Peterborough the players, fans, ushers, peanut vendors, parking lot attendants, cleaners.........:nod:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad