Who is your darkhorse to sneak into the top 10

PortlandWinterHawks

Dec 4, 2010
I'd just like to know which players people think could sneak into the top 10 and why.

I'll start
Sven Bartschi
feisty player with a wicked wrist shot. A player I think could surprise a lot of people and make it out of camp.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Definitely Oleksiak, I just can't see teams passing on a giant defender like him. It is a gamble, but if it pans out the right way, you have yourself an amazing defender that is quite a skater too.

Canuck71*

Nicklas Jensen and Jamie Oleksiak easily. They've been darkhorses all season, I can see both of these guys going top 10.

Edgeworth*

Don't think Oleksiak will sneak just because the way Valabik panned out after being such a high pick, GM's might get scared off by the problems that come with size.

Gonna say Jensen and Zibanejad

Qvist

Apr 14, 2009
Zibanejad or Oleksiak. Zibanejad just has that intriguing upside, and as we know there are few limits to the gambles GMs are ill-advisedly inclined to take with big defensemen who can skate - they just can't wait to get their hands on the next Sasha Pokulok.

I think Rattie is another player who'll get more attention from scouts than from the public. He's slid out of focus a bit as other established players have pushed him down the depth chart in his club, but that won't fool the scouts.

I suspect it'll be a little bit the other way around with McNeil, and that he won't go as high as many people think.

I think Puempel's injury will hurt him because he might not have shown enough before getting hurt. But it is always possible that some team will have seen enough to be confident. He's a real wild card.

So is Beaulieu, the evaluation of him seems to be all over the place.

AwesomePanthers

Maybe next season
Aug 20, 2009
I'm just gonna say Peumple. I thought Zibanejad was predicted to go in the top10-12, so not really a darkhorse imo.

Last edited:

Kritty

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Don't think Oleksiak will sneak just because the way Valabik panned out after being such a high pick, GM's might get scared off by the problems that come with size.

Gonna say Jensen and Zibanejad

What about guys named Pronger, Chara and these other big dmen who have thrived? Or what about Marincin last year who has looked real good this year. You think teams will shy away from that kind of future talent because of what happened with Valabik? Valabik had huge red flags when he was drafted, all things I haven't heard about Oleksiak.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->