Who is your choice for GM?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Leaving Stevy Y off the list as there is not enough money in the world to entice him here, who is your choice for GM?

I added Hunter the Mascot as he probably would have done less damage to the team than Chiarelli.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Leaving Stevy Y off the list as there is not enough money in the world to entice him here, who is your choice for GM?

I added Hunter the Mascot as he probably would have done less damage to the team than Chiarelli.
LOL, I went with Hunter the mascot.
Chia set the bar so low, so literally anyone coming in is going to be better.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
After about 2 weeks at the helm as interim our media has already anointed K Gretzky for GM. Terry Jones is more than likely working on a K Gretzky knob polish article as we speak (he should be reminded of his Chiarelli Genius article when that hits the press). Matheson thinks its a brilliant move (which would get Matheson back on the inside). Baghdad Bob is using his best KGB doublespeak read between the lines posts which show what a Gretzky-led regime would look like, conditioning the Oilers fans of what the decision probably is. In other words, like an election in Venezuela, any interview and selection process will be merely a sham with the winner already decided.

My hope is for Rob Tychowski to let fly in print about the organizations ineptitude and not just on twitter about the fact that this team must steer away from the magnet that always seems to draw them back to nepotistic hires.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Honestly none of these guys jump out as amazing to me. McCrimmon might be the best option but he's still really unproven.

I don't actually think any of these guys would be much better than Gretzky.

Reactions: Zaddy

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
None of the above but if I had to pick one from that list it'd be Hextall.

Dude is crazy but he navigated a difficult cap situation in Philly and has a strong trading record.

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
It’s so hard for a fanbase to really judge potential GMs, particularly men who have never been GMs in the NHL before and dont have a body of work at this level to observe. It’s not like we can see what theyve done or know their personalities and capabilities. In general, I have no problem with Gretzky at the helm so long as he completely cleans out MacT, Howson, Green, Sutter and anybody else who’ve repeatedly overseen the gong show we are living with right now.

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
None of the above but if I had to pick one from that list it'd be Hextall.

Dude is crazy but he navigated a difficult cap situation in Philly and has a strong trading record.
Given how he slagged the Oilers about a year ago to the press about “I wont let the Flyers be one of those awful franchises that drafts first overall again and again” I cant see a petty loser like Katz hiring him regardless of his capabilities. He also does seem like an emotional guy which is definitely not a good idea for this town and this situation.

smokersarejokers

Jul 7, 2005
I like Keith Gretzky, but man I will be pissed if Bobby Nick's exhaustive search just lands on him.

We all know damn well he wont clean up the stink in the organization, plus he doesn't have a history that screams "save this sinking shit ship". I'd put McCrimmon and Hunter in that same spot too.

They need a crazy person like Hextall to blow shit up, but I don't see that ever happening.

Weitz

Sep 23, 2014
Without a full clearing of the front office it doesn’t matter who is GM.

Regardless of who is in place and who is named GM and how ever many times people say guys like Lowe and MacT aren’t involved... if they are all still there nothin is going to change.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
The handwriting is on the wall that it'll be K. Gretz. While I like his first 2 trades, I need to see more before I'd be fine with such a move. Adding a legit talent without giving up our 1st rounder would be a good start.

Reactions: B33K33PING

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
McCrimmon, Hextall or Gretzky

Hextall would be clear cut #1 for me IMO if it wasnt for his infatuation with Dave Hakstol. Hes patient and smart, something we need. A good drafter, traded and negotiator.

Hemsky is a gangsta

Hemsky is a gangsta
Jun 23, 2004
Mike Gillis GM / Laurence Cap guy
I chose Hextall among the names on the list but Gillis would also be a consideration for me. Both guys have GM experience and valued things like analytics and salary cap management. They weren’t perfect by any means but I think they’re both smart enough to learn from their mistakes and adapt.

Reactions: smokersarejokers

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
Mike Gillis GM / Laurence Cap guy

This. Gillis completely revamped Vancouver’s pro scouting and Gilman is a cap savants. Recently promoted to agm of the leafs. Gillis seems like a no nonsense guy that will run hockey ops like it should be run.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->