Who is your All-time Left Wing?

Who is your LW?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
This one is harder than I thought it'd be. Ultimately went with Kariya, I think he was one of the few legitimate stars we've seen come through Nashville, but Sullivan was great for us too.

MrJoshua

Mar 24, 2010
Decatur, AL
The only possible argument for Sullivan is if we're limiting the discussion to only what they did as Preds, and even then I don't think it's much of an argument. With Nashville:

2004-05 season:
Sullivan 30 points in 24 games
Kariya (not on team yet)

2005-06 season:
Sullivan 68 points in 69 games
Kariya 85 points in 82 games

2006-07 season:
Sullivan 60 points in 57 games
Kariya 76 points in 82 games

2007-08 season Kariya was gone again and I think that was the year Sullivan was hurt because there are no stats listed on the NHL website for him. Sullivan never got very close to point-per-game levels after that.

So in their peaks as Preds they were both around a point per game, but Kariya was much more durable. If you look at their entire careers that comparison evaporates as Kariya was exactly one point per game over his entire career while Sullivan was considerably below.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
When all is said and done, I still fully expect the answer to be: Filip Forsberg.

The past season maybe elevated some questionmarks, but... it's hard to remember, he's just 25 years old still! He really should have plenty of time to be able to take this in a landslide pretty soon.

Reactions: bdub24

MrJoshua

Mar 24, 2010
Decatur, AL
Paul Kariya. When I told my daughter that Kariya had signed with the Preds, she thought that I was kidding her.

It still occasionally amazes me to remember I got to watch Kariya and Peter Forsberg play in Nashville jerseys. Even if Forsberg was definitely hurting and on the downside of his career by that point. That was such a loaded freaking team.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
It still occasionally amazes me to remember I got to watch Kariya and Peter Forsberg play in Nashville jerseys. Even if Forsberg was definitely hurting and on the downside of his career by that point. That was such a loaded freaking team.
the sharks bitch smacked that team. that was the beginning of the fire trotz movement.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
A six game series with four one goal games is far from a bitch smack ... especially considering this was the only time in the modern era where the two teams tied with most wins in a conference met in the first round.
we lost in 5 games and i was at game 5. we were dominated and outshot severely in an elimination game at home.

Reactions: glenngineer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->