Who is Worth a Max Contract?

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
if it means I get to take him from another team without any assets given up.. any top 15 player in the league

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
Mcdavid is easily worth 15mil. Id do it in a heartbeat versus me not having Mcdavid.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
No player should get that much.

That said there are plenty out there who you could nominate I suppose. Like where would Boston be without Bergeron. Anaheim without Getzlaf. And ya Edmonton without McDavid.

Can’t see a guy ever asking for it. NHL is one of the few places where it’s ok for your teammates to hit you daily. Sharing is caring!!!!

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
You don't think McDavid is worth 15mil?

As a FA? Sure, I would offer him league max $16 mill. On a 1st contract where he has no leverage, not even salary arbitration? No.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
McDavid is the only player

And even then I don't think anyone should take max pay if they want to win a cup

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
Hopefully Arizona offersheets Matthews a max contract. Would make sense for them.

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
It would not make any sense for Arizona to give up all those draft picks.

When you can have the #1 hometown boy one to a city thst badly needs a hero it makes sense to give up a few max domis.

CatOTails

Jul 18, 2011
Latvia
No player should get that much.

That said there are plenty out there who you could nominate I suppose. Like where would Boston be without Bergeron. Anaheim without Getzlaf. And ya Edmonton without McDavid.

Can’t see a guy ever asking for it. NHL is one of the few places where it’s ok for your teammates to hit you daily. Sharing is caring!!!!
At the same place where they are now. They'd be somewhere close to bottom fighting for picks.

Reactions: DriveFor9th

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
When you can have the #1 hometown boy one to a city thst badly needs a hero it makes sense to give up a few max domis.
Giving up four first round picks would be horrible for Arizona. Those could all be easily top 5 and not just "a few max domis".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad