Who is Who on the Sabres Board (Introduce Yourself Here!)

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
I am dead
seems reasonable... i had to murder myself years earlier with the dread words that are apparently truthful enough to earn a lifetime ban from sabrespace cirlce jerk of paid lifetime posters , "searching for faults in the clouds of delusion'' maybe zionists, gestapo from esalan or tavistock, internet it homeland piggies?.. but probably something even more lame and childish... anyway ... greetings as i resurrect for a day or two to talk lineups, stashing players on ir , repeat of pomminville fates lighting a fire under those waived from the last sport barely 2% manipulated by our gay overlord type morons...

Reactions: RogerCroziersGhost

RogerCroziersGhost

Sep 30, 2018
seems reasonable... i had to murder myself years earlier with the dread words that are apparently truthful enough to earn a lifetime ban from sabrespace cirlce jerk of paid lifetime posters , "searching for faults in the clouds of delusion'' maybe zionists, gestapo from esalan or tavistock, internet it homeland piggies?.. but probably something even more lame and childish... anyway ... greetings as i resurrect for a day or two to talk lineups, stashing players on ir , repeat of pomminville fates lighting a fire under those waived from the last sport barely 2% manipulated by our gay overlord type morons...

I am a long time Sabres fan and I hope to hook up with fans that support the team. Not very complicated here. Thank you for the welcome Sir

Last edited:

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
:popcorn:

I am a long time Sabres fan and I hope to hook up with fans that support the team. Not very complicated here. Thank you for the welcome Sir
Your attitudes will fit in perfectly here :thumbu:

Reactions: RogerCroziersGhost

RogerCroziersGhost

Sep 30, 2018
I died in 1996 and I look pretty good for a dead guy.

Anyway, thanks for your response, I hope to post more when the season starts. I live in Florida , completly out of touch with how fans in Buffalo feel about this years Sabres. I do watch every game ..

Last edited:

SeaL

Nov 25, 2014
Long time lurker, just thought I'd start here. I operate under the assumption that generally lines/coaching are the overall problem. Sometimes, I see parings and I am left absolutely flabbergasted that this is actually a thing. Anyways, that is a discussion for a different thread. Just wanted to say Hi and its already turned into a rant. Go Sabres!

Reactions: cybresabre

bluesXwinXtheXcup

Apr 14, 2018
I'm checking in.

I am a Blues fan that is following some ex-Blues. That is, Hutton, Sobotka, Berglund and Thompson.

I am interested in their progression.

I have been a diehard fan since 1992.

I live in Phoenix, AZ.

I'm a 45 year old white male that works at Intel. I don't know what I do, I analyze data. It's been almost 7 years, so I get a sabbatical, which really means 3 months paid holiday.

Before Intel, I travelled the globe. Sailed the 7 seas in the U.S. Navy. Name a port, I have a story. From the Persian Gulf to Norfolk, VA. I was a carrier guy. AT1 (AW/SW). Made chief's board 3 times.

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018
Sup guys, long time lurker here for years but never posted. UB Student going for Business.

Name: Zach

Sabres Fan Since: Birth

Sabres Jerseys You Own: Eichel 15, Dahlin Swedish Yellow

Reactions: Rasmus Ascendant

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Sup guys, long time lurker here for years but never posted. UB Student going for Business.

Name: Zach

Sabres Fan Since: Birth

Sabres Jerseys You Own: Eichel 15, Dahlin Swedish Yellow

Welcome aboard! Dive right in and join the chaos.

Asymmetric Solution

Nov 29, 2018
Greetings Sabres’ mafia. Grew up in Amherst and played hockey there and in Hyde Park near NF. I’ve been a Sabres’ fan since the late 80s when I was a wee tyke listening to Rick on WGR from my bedroom (we didn’t have cable growing up). Moved down south where I joined the Army (14 years in now) and due to my operational tempo and deployments lost my way as a Sabres fan through the dark years. I never stopped loving or checking up. Just couldn’t follow them from all those strange time zones. I made it to one or two games a year when I’d visit home though. Well I just left my SOF job to move to Alaska and have watched almost every game this year. I’ve fallen back in love with the team and happy to join the talks here. Cheers Sabres.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Greetings Sabres’ mafia. Grew up in Amherst and played hockey there and in Hyde Park near NF. I’ve been a Sabres’ fan since the late 80s when I was a wee tyke listening to Rick on WGR from my bedroom (we didn’t have cable growing up). Moved down south where I joined the Army (14 years in now) and due to my operational tempo and deployments lost my way as a Sabres fan through the dark years. I never stopped loving or checking up. Just couldn’t follow them from all those strange time zones. I made it to one or two games a year when I’d visit home though. Well I just left my SOF job to move to Alaska and have watched almost every game this year. I’ve fallen back in love with the team and happy to join the talks here. Cheers Sabres.
Welcome!!

If you are SOF, you may have crossed paths with or been trained or lectured by frequent & friendly poster @Der Jaeger if you went through Bragg.

Suggest moderator move the OP to the stickied "introduce yourself" thread at the top of the Sabres board home page.

Asymmetric Solution

Nov 29, 2018
Welcome!!

If you are SOF, you may have crossed paths with or been trained or lectured by frequent & friendly poster @Der Jaeger if you went through Bragg.

Suggest moderator move the OP to the stickied "introduce yourself" thread at the top of the Sabres board home page.
Sorry, obviously attention to detail is lacking and missed the intro thread. I just left Bragg. Spent 75% of my career there.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
It’s rather embarrassing I haven’t introduced myself, I have to a few but I’ve been on these boards since 2004.

Haven’t always been the most popular guy, but I’ve also had my ups and downs. If anyone remembers I’m the guy that got heatly to sign my sabres tat in that one interview but that was literally over a decade ago.

I just haven’t thought of filling this in until now. During a winning streak of all times. (Edit May 22 19 /- Just came to edit this one line I swear I didn’t jinx the
Team!)...but anyone who knows me knows I’ve stuck with this team through thick and thin like all of you.

Name is Brett, live in BC Canada

Been a fan since 1992 when I was six, lafontaine and hasek were my two favourite and still are all time with Eichel as the current favourite.

Have Eichel blue and gold, Pominville 2010 blue and gold, black goat hasek, dark blue original road and black goat Connolly as well as road and finally ROR blue and gold 2015.

Worst team the leafs of course!

Last edited:

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Greetings from China y'all! Grew up a Sabres fan in Rochester, NY, then moved to San Jose during the years of suck. I grew to like the Sharks, but Sabres will always be #1 for me. Now I'm teaching English in China, and I love everything about it outside of how tough it makes it to catch a game. Been watching more this year, though, love this team. Besides Tennyson, of course.

Name: Jon

Current Occupation: Teacher

Sabres Fan Since: '98

Season Ticket Holder? (Y/N): N

All Time Favorite Sabres: Briere, Afinogenov, Vanek, Biron, Miller, Roy, Vladimir Tsyplakov

Current Favorite Sabres: Eichel, Skinner, Risto, Dahlin

Favorite Sabres Moment: It's in your skates Rory! Seriously though, 2005-2007 were fun, that Connolly goal to even the game with Ottawa 6-6 sticks out. Oh, and Campbell's hit on Umberger. I remember keeping a table at some TGIF's or somethin and just losing my mind when that happened, poor folks around me didn't know what was going on.

Sabres Jerseys You Own: None :(

Team You Hate Most: Gotta pick Toronto, but they're actually kinda.. god, likable? That feels wrong, but Sundin, Domi, and especially Tucker seemed much more hatable than this current group. Boston, though- Hate 'em (currently).

Personal (Pick 3)

Favorite Musical Artists: Radiohead, Hendrix, Beatles

Favorite Movies: Youngblood. Youngblood. MVP (Most Valuable Primate)- the story of a monkey that plays hockey. Look it up you uncultured swine.

Last edited:

JJFIVEOH

May 19, 2019
Same as the old one, just with new 'faces'

Name: Jeremy

Current Occupation: GIS

Sabres Fan Since: Mid 80's

All Time Favorite Sabres: Rob Ray, Clint Malarchuk, Dave Andreychuk

Current Favorite Sabres: Linus Ullmark, Sam Reinhart

Favorite Sabres Moment: Being 'at the Aud for Perrault's 500th goal

Sabres Jerseys You Own: Rob Ray, Clint Malarchuk, Craig Simpson, Rick Dudley

Team You Hate Most: Boston Bruins

Personal (Pick 3)

Favorite Musical Artists: The Doors, Led Zeppelin, Heart

Goathead

Jan 28, 2015
Niagara Falls, ON
I’ve been posting here for a little bit now figured I might as well do one of these.

Name: Dan

Current Occupation: Power Engineer

Sabres Fan Since: 2003

All Time Favorite Sabres: Afinogenov, Briere, Roy, Campbell

Current Favorite Sabres: Eichel

Favorite Sabres Moment
Afino OT Goal vs the Rangers 07 playoffs

Pomminville OT goal vs Ottawa 06 playoffs

Sabres Jerseys You Own: Roy, Afino, Eichel, Girgs

Team You Hate Most: Leafs

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Borrowing from the old one...

Name: If you've had a PM or two, most of you know it's Dave

Age: The roadsign ahead no longer in the distance says "40"...

Current Occupation: IT professional. No, no... really. Still. :shakehead

Sabres Fan Since: does birth count? 1973 is the first game I remember clearly....

Season Ticket Holder? (Y/N): yes... section 327

All Time Favorite Sabres: Bert, Martin, Horton, May, Dudley, Foligno, Schoeny

Current Favorite Sabres: Gaustad, Mair, Pominville, Roy, and Sekera

Favorite Sabres Moment: Mayday; Woolley's winner; Brown in OT vs. Philly; beating the Leafs in the Conf. Finals, Briere and Drury’s post-season heroics (Canes OT GWG, NYR Game 5 tying and GWG goals, Ott OT GWG); Dumont's OT GWG, Pommer's game 5 OT GWG... some really great moments in the last few seasons

Sabres Jerseys You Own: Home white slug-o with no name or number -- it was a Christmas gift. Three hats, a pair of AGH sweaters, a sluggo windbreaker.

Team You Hate Most: Team? Philly and Boston. 1975 is a long time ago, but I still remember.... The Bruuunz just because of the '70's. And the '80's. And the early '90's. I'll give the nod to the Flyers after watching Briere and Biron head there and Luce as part of the front office landing JVR and Giroux.

Favorite Musical Artists: Plenty...
Chameleons UK, Killing Joke, Love & Rockets, Dead Can Dance, Radiohead, The Pogues, Leatherstrip, Front Line Assembly (and all the offshoots), Barry Adamson, Amon Tobin, The Clash, New Order/Joy Division, UNKLE, Massive Attack, Bjork, Ryuich Sakamoto, Japan, David Sylvian, Recoil, Peter Gabriel, Jah Wobble

Favorite Movies: The Godfather, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Unforgiven, Lawrence of Arabia, Spirited Away (anything Miyazaki really), just about anything Kurosawa or Scorcese, The Cowboys, The Outlaw Jose Wales, Open Range *yes a Costner flick*, LA Confidential, Le Pacte du Loups, Amelie, Dr. Strangelove, Ran, Army of Darkness. Slapshot, just about anything from John Huston or John Ford...

Funniest thing since the last one, my newborn is now registered for full-day preschool in the spring and he's got a younger sister who'll be 2 in August. The world is fun.

Wow, that's some oldie but goodie material.

Name: (Has not changed)

Age: The roadsign ahead no longer in the distance says "50"...

Location: Gainesville, Florida by way of Port Charlotte, Florida by way of Grecia, Costa Rica since last I did this.

Current Occupation: At the moment, struggling researcher and data analyst at UF working for my former academic advisor.

Sabres Fan Since: does birth count? 1973 is the first game I remember clearly.... and I still do.

Season Ticket Holder? (Y/N): Not since 2012

All Time Favorite Sabres: Bert, Martin, Horton, May, Dudley, Foligno, Schoeny, adding Danny Briere

Current Favorite Sabres: Dahlin and Olofsson are my present favs.

Reactions: Dubi Doo

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I'm not sure if I have done one of these; I probably have, but my music taste and Age changes yearly, so I guess I'll do another one.=D

Name: Ryan

Current Occupation: Game Stop employee, Full time student, and a musician

Sabres Fan Since: 2003-2004 season

All Time Favorite Sabres: Too young of a fan to really have seen the older Sabres, but I've always liked Mogiliny.

Current Favorite Sabres: Rivet, Miller, Goose, and Kaleta

Favorite Sabres Moment: #1) Pommers OT goal against Ottawa #2) Drury tying it up against the Rags

Sabres Jerseys You Own: None; too expenisive at the moment. =(

Team You Hate Most: Carolina, Ottawa, and Boston
Personal (Pick 3)

Favorite Musical Artists: Red Hot, Rise Against, The Offspring, The Killers, Oasis, Lynard Skynard, Bill Withers, Mos Def, Bob Marley, Common, Pharoahe Monch, Nas, Cormega and currently Drake....A lot of different types of rock and Hip Hop

Favorite Movies: I really have no favorites....
Oh man, reading through this is looking taking a trip in a time machine seeing names like Clock, Penalty Killa, Buckshot, Jame, Old Navy Goat, etc...it's an odd sense of nostalgia.

Then looking at my post from 2008 when I was 21, so young and naive. I was a gamestop employee working 8 hours a week, going to a community college, and trying to make it as a rapper, haha. A few years before I hit my mid-20s and made a tone of mistakes while living the fast life. Now I'm in my early 30s, and have a wife and kid. It's crazy how fast a decade goes by.

Reactions: cybresabre

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
May as well do this again!

Name: Ryan

Current Occupation: operations supervisor of materials supply on an ICU.

Sabres Fan Since: 2003-2004 season

All Time Favorite Sabres: hard to say- O'Reilly, Vanek, Drury, Briere

Current Favorite Sabres: Eichel, Reinhart, Dahlin, Joki, and especially Vesey

Favorite Sabres Moment: #1) Pommers OT goal against Ottawa #2) Drury tying it up against the Rags
Damn, nothing has changed in for this topic since 2008. That's sad.

Sabres Jerseys You Own: None, but my little guys has a Sabres onesie. No name plate.

Team You Hate Most: Toronto, Tampa, and Florida

Favorite Musical Artists: Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson, Bob Dylan, Marty Robbins, Hank William's Sr, J Cole, Kendrick Lamar, Nas, 2Pac, Black Thought, Kid Cudi, Lynrd Skynrd, Red Hot,

Favorite Movies: Gladiator

How about favorite shows?
Shameless, Mad Men, Breaking Bad, the Wire, Soprano's, Parks and Rec, the Office.

KiwiGriff

It’s a Bloody Business Bates!
Dec 29, 2019
Porirua
Name: Gareth (generally called Griff)

Location: New Zealand, aka Aotearoa, aka The Land of the Long White Cloud

Current Occupation: Technology Service Manager

Sabres Fan Since: 1999

Season Ticket Holder? (Y/N): N, I don't live in the right country, let alone the right city. Would love to be one and have diehard friends who would go with me

All Time Favorite Sabres: Ryan Miller, Dominic Hasek (the reason I became a Sabres fan), Brian Campbell, Thomas Vanek, Danny Briere

Current Favorite Sabres: Tough, Eichel's an easy answer. Dahlin looks promising, but I wish he'd focus on being a defenseman. Either that or make him a 2-way centre and put him on the third line. I hope we hold onto Jokiharju as I think his future is good. OK I reckon apart from Eichel, my current favourite is a controversial one: Zemgus Girgensons.

Favorite Sabres Moment: "The Hit". Brian Campbell on Umberger and RJ's commentary response to it "ooooooOOOOOOh".

Sabres Jerseys You Own: Ryan Miller, 2009 third jersey. It was the years of the buffaslug being the main jersey and no way I was getting one of those. I think this third jersey just ended up becoming the primary home jersey in use now.

Team You Hate Most: Don't think I hate any teams. It depends on how they treat opposition players I guess. Couldn't stand the Sens of the mid 2000s for the way they played. Good rivalry there. Toronto are pretty full of themselves. 10 years ago while in Toronto, I said they weren't touching the cup in the next 20 years. I'm halfway to being right.

Favorite Musical Artists: Tool, Led Zeppelin, Slipknot and then pretty much anything metal.

Favorite Movies: V for Vendetta, Labyrinth, Lord of the Rings, Avatar, Snatch, Aliens, Terminator 2

How about favorite shows? Game of Thrones (for about the first six seasons), Breaking Bad, Tokyo Ghoul, The Dark Crystal, Stranger Things, Sons of Anarchy and basically any crime show

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Well folks, 20K+ posts and 17 years of my life chatting with everyone here. It's had it's ups and downs, but for the most part, you have all be lovely people and in the heyday, this site was quite compelling. So this is a goodbye and perhaps someday I'll unknowingly bump into some of you at a Sabres game or in and around Buffalo.

Reactions: southeastern

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->