Who is Who on the Sabres Board (Introduce Yourself Here!)

fullmak

Dec 14, 2005
ny
Long time reader on here but rarely post. I actually followed a group of guys here from espn message board back in the day....well over 10 years ago. Every once in awhile I'll see a screen name i remember.

RickSanchez

Jul 8, 2015
Hey guys my name is Jeff, I've lurked here for a little over a year and finally decided to make an account. I'm 22 years old originally from the Buffalo area and now living in Boston. I played competitive hockey as a kid for 13 years and still play casually. I've been a Sabres fan for as long as I can remember, finally got a jersey last year when Miller jerseys went on sale after his trade. Glad to finally join you guys

Fancipal

Jul 10, 2015
Czech republic
Hi All,
I live in Czech republic. Never played game of hockey, but I´m huge fan. To be honest I wasn´t really Sabres or any other team fan before. I just really love watching the game no matter who actually plays :) So how do I end up here ?
As you probably all know we hosted World Championship this year in Prague and Ostrava and I visited couple of games and noticed young player with number 9. I was really impressed by the way he was playing. He really reminded me young Jaromir Jagr (I know this isn´t really popular comparasion, but this just who I see :nod: ).
No need to say Jaromir is my all-time favourite player so here I´m - Eichel and Sabres fan ...

Karl Radek Bonk

Sep 9, 2013
Oregon
Hey Y'all. I'm a former WNYer who relocated to Oregon. I used to be somewhat active in the old Sabres boards a few years ago before the NHL shut that down. Been a lifelong Sabres fan and finally decided to join here.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Hi All,
I live in Czech republic. Never played game of hockey, but I´m huge fan. To be honest I wasn´t really Sabres or any other team fan before. I just really love watching the game no matter who actually plays :) So how do I end up here ?
As you probably all know we hosted World Championship this year in Prague and Ostrava and I visited couple of games and noticed young player with number 9. I was really impressed by the way he was playing. He really reminded me young Jaromir Jagr (I know this isn´t really popular comparasion, but this just who I see :nod: ).
No need to say Jaromir is my all-time favourite player so here I´m - Eichel and Sabres fan ...

I've actually mentioned the Jagr comparison myself. His ability to protect the puck is the main commonality, but there's also some of how he works around and to the net that is similar.

Fancipal

Jul 10, 2015
Czech republic
I've actually mentioned the Jagr comparison myself. His ability to protect the puck is the main commonality, but there's also some of how he works around and to the net that is similar.
Couldn´t agree more. I´m not sure why people don´t use Jagr name in terms of Eichel comparasion more often. Maybe it´s because they play on different position, but like you said protection of the puck is there + Eichel is also amazing passer and very dynamic skater with great puck handling ability.

Aurochs

Dec 27, 2014
Long time lurker, thought it was about time I introduced myself.

Name: Matt

Sabres fan since: 1995

Season ticket holder: No

All time favourite Sabres: Peca, McKee, Drury, Hasek

Current favourite Sabres: Des, Risto, Reinhart

Favourite Sabres moments: 99 playoffs, 98 playoff series vs Flyers, 2006 run

Sabres jerseys owned: Peca goathead (white)

Teams you hate the most: Bruins, Flyers, Leafs due to local rivalry (more dislike than hate though)

Sweet Chilly Heat

Dec 10, 2013
Name:Ryan

Current Occupation:Government employee

Sabres Fan Since:1979

Season Ticket Holder? (Y/N):N

All Time Favorite Sabres:Brad May, Ryan miller, Pat Lafontain, Henrik Tallender

Current Favorite Sabres:Tyler Ennis

Favorite Sabres Moment:May Day goal

Sabres Jerseys You Own:Lafontain home and away, Brad May, Roy third and slug, Myers, Ennis, Breire, Miller slug and new, Vanek slug and recent, pommer, turgeon

Team You Hate Most:Toronto, montreal, Ottawa, Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver, Boston, Dallas, and Carolina.

Personal (Pick 3)

Favorite Musical Artists:Geto Boys

Favorite Movies:Brave heart

Bonlarvis

Feb 4, 2015
Hamburg NY
Name:Ryan

Current Occupation:Government employee

Sabres Fan Since:1979

Season Ticket Holder? (Y/N):N

All Time Favorite Sabres:Brad May, Ryan miller, Pat Lafontain, Henrik Tallender

Current Favorite Sabres:Tyler Ennis

Favorite Sabres Moment:May Day goal

Sabres Jerseys You Own:Lafontain home and away, Brad May, Roy third and slug, Myers, Ennis, Breire, Miller slug and new, Vanek slug and recent, pommer, turgeon

Team You Hate Most:Toronto, montreal, Ottawa, Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver, Boston, Dallas, and Carolina.

Personal (Pick 3)

Favorite Musical Artists:Geto Boys

Favorite Movies:Brave heart

I got my HS basketball coach to play, and even sing First Light of the Day on our bus on the way to road games! It became kind of a tradition.

Flapjack

Oct 29, 2014
White Rock, BC
Name: Michael

Location: White Rock, BC. Left WNY in 2012. Lived mostly in Cheektowaga and Lancaster.

Sabres Fan Since: 1973 playoffs I became hooked.

Season Ticket Holder? (Y/N): not anymore

All Time Favorite Sabres: Perreault, Crozier, Ramsay, Ramsey, Hawerchuk, Dumont

Current Favorite Sabres: Reinhart, Risto

Favorite Sabres Moment: Connolly's goal game 1 vs Sens in '06. Robert OT goal game 5 against Montreal in '75 and also in OT in the fog against Philly.

Sabres Jerseys You Own: JP Dumont white jersey

Team You Hate Most: Don't really hate teams anymore but back in the day it would of been Philly, Boston, Islanders, Quebec

Favorite Musical Artists: Johnny Cash, Led Zeppelin, Devo,

Favorite Movies: Repo Man, Godfather, and Grease (I don't know why but I just do)

Karl Radek Bonk

Sep 9, 2013
Oregon
Name: Michael

Location: White Rock, BC. Left WNY in 2012. Lived mostly in Cheektowaga and Lancaster.

Sabres Fan Since: 1973 playoffs I became hooked.

Season Ticket Holder? (Y/N): not anymore

All Time Favorite Sabres: Perreault, Crozier, Ramsay, Ramsey, Hawerchuk, Dumont

Current Favorite Sabres: Reinhart, Risto

Favorite Sabres Moment: Connolly's goal game 1 vs Sens in '06. Robert OT goal game 5 against Montreal in '75 and also in OT in the fog against Philly.

Sabres Jerseys You Own: JP Dumont white jersey

Team You Hate Most: Don't really hate teams anymore but back in the day it would of been Philly, Boston, Islanders, Quebec

Favorite Musical Artists: Johnny Cash, Led Zeppelin, Devo,

Favorite Movies: Repo Man, Godfather, and Grease (I don't know why but I just do)

I have a feeling that you and I will get along for a while then have a huge falling out.

Sweet Chilly Heat

Dec 10, 2013
I got my HS basketball coach to play, and even sing First Light of the Day on our bus on the way to road games! It became kind of a tradition.

Great song from my Favorite album, becuase Bill, Will and Face got back together, love The Resurrection album.

Bonlarvis

Feb 4, 2015
Hamburg NY
Great song from my Favorite album, becuase Bill, Will and Face got back together, love The Resurrection album.

Man Geto Boys were awesome back them.

Ever so Clear was a great song about how Bushwick lost his eye.

Mind of a lunatic, Damn it feels good to be a gangsta, little big man etc...

They had some great songs.

Sweet Chilly Heat

Dec 10, 2013
Man Geto Boys were awesome back them.

Ever so Clear was a great song about how Bushwick lost his eye.

Mind of a lunatic, Damn it feels good to be a gangsta, little big man etc...

They had some great songs.

Geto boys are still awesome, they are touring, as well as making a new album, there music is timeless, im a middle age white guy and I still pump old GB

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Long time lurker, thought it was about time I introduced myself.

Name: Matt

Sabres fan since: 1995

Season ticket holder: No

All time favourite Sabres: Peca, McKee, Drury, Hasek

Current favourite Sabres: Des, Risto, Reinhart

Favourite Sabres moments: 99 playoffs, 98 playoff series vs Flyers, 2006 run

Sabres jerseys owned: Peca goathead (white)

Teams you hate the most: Bruins, Flyers, Leafs due to local rivalry (more dislike than hate though)

Are you really from Tasmania? We have a couple Australians who post on our board OcaasionAlly and 1 kiwi I think but you may be the first from Tasmania

swisssabre

Jul 18, 2015
Hi

I'm coming from Switzerland, Zurich and I'm 32 years old. A Sabres Fan ever since I get to know the NHL. Actually following since 1998. It was hard to catch live streams. I've been reading the boards since a few months ago.
I can't await the beginning of preseason games. Never ever been so excited for a season to begin.

Name: Dominik
Current Occupation: IT Analyst
Sabres Fan Since: 1994
Season Ticket Holder? (Y/N): N
All Time Favorite Sabres: Pat LaFontaine, Dominik Hasek, Mike Peca, Alexander Mogilny
Current Favorite Sabres: Tyler Ennis (Jack Eichel)
Favorite Sabres Moment: Michal Grosek scores OT winner against Flyers in Game 5 '98
Sabres Jerseys You Own: Mike Peca Away (classic), Hasek Home (1998)
Teams You Hate Most: Maple Leafs, Senators, Flyers, Trashers (Jets)

Favorite Musical Artists: Pink Floyd, Dire Straits, Red Hot Chilli Peppers
Favorite Movies: Brave heart, Matrix, Hackers, Inglorious Basterds, The Intouchables

Last edited:

Prospero

Feb 23, 2013
Buffalo
I joined in 2013, but haven't posted.

I'm 34, and work in Buffalo at a hardware store. I've always loved the Sabres, and had a difficult time last season with the idea of rooting for anything other than wins.

I used to post on another message board, but that was just because it was the message board I started out on. There's more actual insight here, and good conversation than I am used to, so please forgive me if I am a little tentative at first.

I'm looking forward to the upcoming season, because we should have something worth watching, or at least something that is more entertaining. I'm glad to be here, and hope that you'll have me around for a while, even if I don't say much. Thanks.

TheStorm

Sep 15, 2015
Pittsburgh,PA
Name: Alex

Sabres fan since: 2005

All time favorite Sabres: Biron, Briere , Drury

Current favorite: Risto and Girgs

Favorite moment: All of game 1 against the Flyers when Briere scored the double overtime goal

Jersey owned: just an away Reinhart jersey

Teams I hate: Hurricanes and Senators (and Leafs duh)

Favorite artist: Pavement

Favorite movie: Eternal sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Browne88

Oct 20, 2011
I've been coming to this site to read sabres news and discussion for years and even made an account but never posted so here it is I guess lol

Name:Matt

Current Occupation:Student

Sabres Fan Since:05-06

Season Ticket Holder? (Y/N):Y (Kind of..)

All Time Favorite Sabres: Briere, Pominville, Afinogenov

Current Favorite Sabres:Eichel, Ristolainen, Girgensons

Favorite Sabres Moment:First sabres game/ Pominville's OT goal against Ottawa post lockout.

Eichphoria

Oct 13, 2015
Hi all

Big Sabres fan here since 1983. Loved the Aud. Love (totally) Ted Nolan and think he got a raw deal (TWICE)

Anyhow, love this place and can't wait to be active!!

Tachycineta

May 2, 2006
Gaithersburg, MD
It's neat to see the people here from Bowie, Gainesville, Manassas, Richmond.

I'm a WNY transplant now in Gaithersburg, MD and it's about time (>2 years) to get my license and stuff switched to MD....

And all the students- I first joined when I was a student. Wow, how time flies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->