who is this Jesse Cohen slob?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
i'm not sure why he's suddenly a recurring tv personality

i don't hate the guy but forcing this social media inclusion into tv is a bit corny

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
I've been listening to him on the 'All The Kings Men' podcast for years.

I always get annoyed by hockey "analysts" like Stoll / O'Donnell that have zero input or real opinions. They just say the safest thing possible or regurgitate cliches they've heard elsewhere.

Jesse at least has some character and opinions. I don't care what he looks like.

Jul 31, 2005
CA
Great, now I'm gonna get even more requests on Facebook to listen to King fans podcasts. This will surely start a war among hipster King fans who would literally eat their young to get on TV for 2 seconds and become the toast of the town outside Team LA with other King fans who have never touched a hockey stick in their lives.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Jesus, some you guys are pretty f***ing rude. I haven’t listened to his podcast, and he seemed a little nervous on TV, but I’m interested in hearing what he has to say. Rosen and Hammond were really shaky at first too. If you guys are worried about his looks, take a real long look in the mirror. That’s some bullshit, judging someone by their appearance.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Jesus, some you guys are pretty ****ing rude. I haven’t listened to his podcast, and he seemed a little nervous on TV, but I’m interested in hearing what he has to say. Rosen and Hammond were really shaky at first too. If you guys are worried about his looks, take a real long look in the mirror. That’s some bull****, judging someone by their appearance.

Thank you. It's one thing to judge the analysis, but you're watching sweaty men playing hockey get evaluated by sweaty men who don't or no longer play hockey.

Reactions: markisonfire

driller1

Dry Island Reject
Feb 4, 2010
First and foremost, Jesse's been a Kings fan forever. One would think that we can direct our fire towards other teams personalities instead of fellow Kings fans. No need to be disrespectful.

Second, he does a good job bringing light hearted sarcastic humor to Kings related topics on his podcast and when he contributed to the Royal Half website. Good, funny content.

Sorry not everyone on TV is a supermodel, but hey, I'll support other Kings fans and their views regardless of how they look.

Maynard

Veteran of Forum Wars
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2003
Orange County
It's weird that a major sports franchise in one of the top few media markets on earth has to resort to local bloggers and podcasters to fill time. I know it's hockey in LA but jesus, are there no professionals left that we can hear from? Maybe a prospect feature or highlights from around the league? Why does FSW feel the need to continually give a mic to some zilch with nothing to say?

Also, if you ARE one of these guys that gets on TV, maybe get a suit that fits and trim that seagull's nest growing out of your face.

Reactions: Axl Rhoadz

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
It's weird that a major sports franchise in one of the top few media markets on earth has to resort to local bloggers and podcasters to fill time. I know it's hockey in LA but jesus, are there no professionals left that we can hear from? Maybe a prospect feature or highlights from around the league? Why does FSW feel the need to continually give a mic to some zilch with nothing to say?

Also, if you ARE one of these guys that gets on TV, maybe get a suit that fits and trim that seagull's nest growing out of your face.

On one hand I agree--team/network should do a bit more coverage. And we can't say it's because the team is bad because the coverage didn't ramp up from 2012-2016 so...

On the other, I see this as a great idea, reaching out into the fandom community/grassroots and rewarding those who DO support and follow the team.

I still view it as ultimately being cheap and nonchalant about team coverage, but for the budget and for the local effort to bring 'outside' folks in, it's a fantastic idea.

Pretty shocked at the frosty reception, though.

Reactions: KingsKnight

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
They all can’t be lookers like Vic “The Brick” Jacobs and Lee “Hacksaw” Hamilton.

That said, damn do I miss a true professional like Stu Nahan who you could tell was respected and very well liked by Kings players. They’d always give Stu a tap on their way from the locker to the ice.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
I judge him by the fact that when he talks he sounds like every third dip**** here. I don’t turn on the Kings broadcast to get an alternate taste of this place...

If only I'd known then what I know now, I'd be on TV and dating Carolyn somehow. Who would have thought that someone might pay to hear my bullshit? Ah, life.

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
Jesus, some you guys are pretty ****ing rude. I haven’t listened to his podcast, and he seemed a little nervous on TV, but I’m interested in hearing what he has to say. Rosen and Hammond were really shaky at first too. If you guys are worried about his looks, take a real long look in the mirror. That’s some bull****, judging someone by their appearance.

I look great...and if I was going to be on TV, I'd certainly make sure to use my razor beforehand.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
I look great...and if I was going to be on TV, I'd certainly make sure to use my razor beforehand.

I bet you’re fun at parties. You’re literally making fun of a long time, die hard Kings fan’s appearance. Feel good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad