Pre-Game Talk: Who is this Iginla fellow? There is a game tonight!!!!! | Shrimper Has the GDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
apparently, due to frequent misuse, the definition of literally now essentially includes figuratively.

bending to the lowest common denominator, apparently.

anyways, I am hoping the Jets win. by some minor miracle. I think we're starting Montoya tonight, btw.

My name is Al Montoya, you traded for Iginla, prepare to lose.

Antaris

Totally Trustworthy
Dec 5, 2010
Sweden
Antaris: Jarome the Panda has found happiness. Let us disturb him no further. Nature must be left to nature. Amen.

tumblr_m8pgnaLSeE1qe1z7co1_400.gif

We have served the Red Panda well since the days of #parisewatch. For this we have been rewarded.

images

UnderratedBrooks44

Sep 13, 2005
Miranda's house
hahaha...hell no...
But someone did just call in to Ron Cook to poo-poo the trade! :shakehead

The first call I heard today was someone doing the same. Someone I know even worried about us becoming the Sharks (???). Gotta embrace this, we're gunning for it like almost never before. Also, like I keep saying to those around me, we gave up ZERO roster players.

Saison Marguerite

Dec 4, 2012
Don't really have a good feeling about tonight, but I've been saying that all month, and look at what happened. What do I know?

Just excited to see Murray in action and maybe, possibly, perhaps getting Geno back!

SteelFish87*

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
The first call I heard today was someone doing the same. Someone I know even worried about us becoming the Sharks (???). Gotta embrace this, we're gunning for it like almost never before. Also, like I keep saying to those around me, we gave up ZERO roster players.

:laugh: sharks part is the best.

Clunker

Mar 4, 2007
Not going to be able to watch the game tonight, so I'm kind of glad Iginla isn't playing in this one.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I'm confused at how these roster situations happen. I thought you couldn't ever have over 23 players. Even with Malkin and Letang on IR, don't we have 24? The only thing I can think of is that Iginla doesn't count until he reports.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
So I ask Ottawa coach Paul MacLean his thoughts on Iginla deal: "I don't know why we're going to bother playing the playoffs."
http://twitter.com/stevezipay/statuses/317296515448193026

The team is going to have to deal with this the rest of the year. Every team will have "nobody believed in us" going on in their locker room, and the Pens will have to avoid buying into their own headlines. Lots of mental toughness required coming up.

Giskard

Jun 20, 2008
Alps
Iginla healthy scratch two games in a row ... not a good start

But tonight is Murray night! Welcome! :yo:

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
Anyone down with Thor as a new nickname for Murray? I suppose we should let him earn it in black and gold first but I believe in all things Scottish and Swedish. Except Haggis maybe and that nasty room temperature fish dish those nordic types eat (like strips-o-fish or something).

Antaris

Totally Trustworthy
Dec 5, 2010
Sweden
Surströmming?

It's awesome, you people have no culture.

I'm down with calling Murray, Thor.

BRING ON THE HAMMER!

Hockeyfan2390

Nov 19, 2010
Kansas City, MO
James Gordon @SensReporter
Breaking: Jets seen crying and hugging at their hotel. @EricFrancis: Iginla will not join the Penguins for tonight's home game against WPG.

Dont know if you guys have seen this, but there it is.

When's your next game? Sunday/Monday? Curious to see when Iggy makes his debut.

Why would the Jets be doing that? For a moment I read that too fast and naturally assumed it was the Flames doing so, which would make sense.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Jarome is NOT on the 23-man roster until his immigration status is approved.

(From Shero's press conference)

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Malkin and Fleury game-time decisions per the coach

No other injury updates.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
So I ask Ottawa coach Paul MacLean his thoughts on Iginla deal: "I don't know why we're going to bother playing the playoffs."
http://twitter.com/stevezipay/statuses/317296515448193026

The team is going to have to deal with this the rest of the year. Every team will have "nobody believed in us" going on in their locker room, and the Pens will have to avoid buying into their own headlines. Lots of mental toughness required coming up.

Yeah the ole " setting us up for failure " trick...their only hope for us to possibly choke. Keep building us up , saying there's no chance we will lose. Not going to work with this team, they're aware of it. Not to mention we've already been thru it...last year.

Speaking of that , Shero did vow there would be big changes after last year...he came thru.

Saison Marguerite

Dec 4, 2012
Anyone down with Thor as a new nickname for Murray? I suppose we should let him earn it in black and gold first but I believe in all things Scottish and Swedish. Except Haggis maybe and that nasty room temperature fish dish those nordic types eat (like strips-o-fish or something).

I was bored, soooo:

yTu7Wrj.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad