Who is this goalie? Obscure facts

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van

Who is this goalie?

If you know a crazy obscure fact please share 🙂

That is super opened ended. What’s several? A decade ago? 2? 3?

What’s under skilled? Barely over 500?

What’s a long run to him? Winning it all? Just making the conference finals?

When he says twenty does he mean he was an OA or did he turn 20 sometime late in the season?

I combed through rosters from near 500 teams that made the finals or won since 1980 and no one really fits the bill as far as I can tell.

Reactions: dirty12

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Wasn't there a Russian goalie that was traded from Erie to London and there was a question then about the validity of his birth certificate? Just spitballin.

Roughly what time frame was that? The one player that I remember was repeatedly brought up regarding age questions was waaaay back when - Devereaux Heshmatpour.

Reactions: OSA

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Just spitballing here - but my best guess is David Chant.

Lead the Barrie Colts to the OHL final against Erie in 2001-2002 - twam didn‘t have a single player that scored above a point per game in the regular season.

He had a .940 in the playoffs after a .926 in the regular season - he stopped playing hockey only 3 years later after a failed stint in the ECHL.

Devin

Jul 25, 2018

Who is this goalie?

This isn't the only case

Who actually thinks Andrej Svechnikov has a 2000 birthdate?

I will tell you first hand the barrie colts attended the same public highschool as me graduation year of 2017.

I have friends a year younger who attended the following year, every single barrie colt player born in 2000 (which would be their gr 12 year) and younger attended classes at this highschool except for svechnikov (even the other russian with same birth year attended).

This is because he had actually graduated 5 years ago in russia.

I believe at the draft (go watch on youtube carolina selecting him) burke was mentioning a rumour about this fake birth certificate.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
This isn't the only case

Who actually thinks Andrej Svechnikov has a 2000 birthdate?

I will tell you first hand the barrie colts attended the same public highschool as me graduation year of 2017.

I have friends a year younger who attended the following year, every single barrie colt player born in 2000 (which would be their gr 12 year) and younger attended classes at this highschool except for svechnikov (even the other russian with same birth year attended).

This is because he had actually graduated 5 years ago in russia.

I believe at the draft (go watch on youtube carolina selecting him) burke was mentioning a rumour about this fake birth certificate.
A Russian hockey player came to the OHL at 22-23 rather than play KHL?
It is far more likely the kid was a whole lot more concerned about developing as a hockey player than struggle with schooling in a foreign language.

Dog Fan

Apr 22, 2017

Who is this goalie?

The first goalie I thought of was the London Knights goalie that beat the IceDogs in 2012 in the OHL finals but I don't think he was a 20 year old.

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
A Russian hockey player came to the OHL at 22-23 rather than play KHL?
It is far more likely the kid was a whole lot more concerned about developing as a hockey player than struggle with schooling in a foreign language.

Also more likely he was just finishing his school online that he attended in the States the year prior when he played in Muskegon. Look at any picture of Andrei from that time period. Its clear hes a high school aged kid. Not some 23 year old

Reactions: dirty12

Purple Phart

Apr 4, 2016
Don't they use dental records to find out the identity of a dead person?
They do, but the big exception is if that individual happened to be a redneck. People of that ilk have never seen a dentist, or occupied a dental chair.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad