Who is the one player (realistically) you would add this summer

Who would be number acquisition

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Jeff Skinner pls
Who are you going to trade? They aren't going to give him away, and why would they want soon-to-be UFA Simmonds for one season?

Are you going to trade Sanheim or Myers, because that's what it would take. I wouldn't. If you're going to trade for Skinner, you may as well just sign JVR. Similar production, but you don't give up a top prospect.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Who are you going to trade? They aren't going to give him away, and why would they want soon-to-be UFA Simmonds for one season?

Are you going to trade Sanheim or Myers, because that's what it would take. I wouldn't. If you're going to trade for Skinner, you may as well just sign JVR. Similar production, but you don't give up a top prospect.
He is undersized one year rental with reputation for lack of defense and durability coming out of bad year. He sure af won't get a bank.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
I love Jeff Skinner but I can't believe how many people prefer him to Evander Kane. Skinner is going to cost some decent assets to acquire and then a new contract, Kane just costs a contract.

NicolasAubeKubel

Mar 3, 2018

why would the flyers trade Sanheim or Myers for one year of Jeff Skinner

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
I love Jeff Skinner but I can't believe how many people prefer him to Evander Kane. Skinner is going to cost some decent assets to acquire and then a new contract, Kane just costs a contract.
Why not both? It's not like we can't use both of them.

NicolasAubeKubel

Mar 3, 2018
I voted Tavares on the poll. Tell him "here's an 8 year 80 million dollar contract and the chance to play a LW offense only role next to Sean Couturier on a soon to be perennial contender, you can also have Voracek's spot on the power play"

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
:laugh: The amount of effort you put into ignorance is almost impressive.

Keep it up, champ.

He keeps making asinine comments then ignoring when they are called out. Its pretty funny.

Turns down Konecny, Frost and 2nd for ROR but proposes Konecny, Frost and 19th on the main boards.
200.gif

Reactions: kelmitchell

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Other — Burakovsky, assuming the medical check out.

He fits all of my criteria — doesn’t need PP time, you have a buffer year at only 3 MM to make a decision, he’ll still be an RFA next year, and he’s going to be dirt cheap relative to peak value. The scratch tonight only helps the process.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Disagree completely. 3rd line center is a huge need for this team.
If we really want to wait for scoring depth to come through the ranks Kane is actually a great fit to make the transition. I know it's a bit unorthodox, but he really can score on his own.
It's the kind of player I wish signs with flyers or out west. JVRs and Carlsons of the world can go to Newark.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
He keeps making asinine comments then ignoring when they are called out. Its pretty funny.

Turns down Konecny, Frost and 2nd for ROR but proposes Konecny, Frost and 19th on the main boards.View attachment 121731
I also love the contradiction when talking about Sanheim.

First he complains about Hakstol and Hextall and makes comments about not trusting them to be able to properly fix this team.

But then when Sanheim comes up, his proof of his “up and down season” was Sanheim not sticking in the lineup. Then, if you say it was because of poor coaching decisions, he acts like that’s impossible. :laugh:

So apprently they’re stupid... but when it suits him, their judgement is infallible.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa

Several Carolina fans have been open to the idea of that swap, Actually. Whether their management would do it or not we dont know, but Canes fans seem to mostly be kn board. Simmonds perceived "toughness" and similar production being the factors.

bauer

I WANT GOALS
Nov 11, 2007

MacKenzie said in his recent podcast that Skinner can likely be had for cheap. he only has 1 year left and didn't exactly have a great season - only 49 points.

he's perfect for the taking. Canes want and need to shake things up. i would even offer the 19th for him. or a selection of one or two of our mid-tier prospects.

i love the idea of Tavares, but i didn't vote him because i don't think it's realistic. he's not coming here. Striiker bet his organs that Manning wouldn't return, well i'll do the same with Tavares.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Wonder what Hextall means when he said it's time to push this team 'foward'

Hmmm
If I had to guess if Hextall does anything big I expect it to be at the center position. We are all penciling Patrick into a second line role and feel like the team needs to add a third line center. For all we know Hextall would be more comfortable with less pressure and responsibility on Patrick for a few years and someone brought in to center the second line. Before everyone jumps in flipping out because the Flyers have Morgan Frost. Frost is not a sure thing what so ever and considering Hextall's perchance for allowing prospects to take the slow and steady route to the NHL he is probably not in the plans for the next 2-3 years even if he does work out.

If Stastny wasn't about to turn 33 I would be all in on him as he is the exactly the type of strong two-way center the team needs. I'd be reluctant to give the type of term it would likely take to get him here, at his age however.

Last edited:

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
MacKenzie said in his recent podcast that Skinner can likely be had for cheap. he only has 1 year left and didn't exactly have a great season - only 49 points.

he's perfect for the taking. Canes want and need to shake things up. i would even offer the 19th for him. or a selection of one or two of our mid-tier prospects.

i love the idea of Tavares, but i didn't vote him because i don't think it's realistic. he's not coming here. Striiker bet his organs that Manning wouldn't return, well i'll do the same with Tavares.
Tavares is going to Toronto on one year contract. Or so I heard...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->