Who is the next low pick (5th or lower) or undrafted NHL star?

LesCanadiens

Hardcore Curmudgeon
Feb 27, 2002
West Kelowna
Not sure if you meant just undrafted, if not, I'd say for us it is Joshua Roy. Has the tools and the toolbox. Excelled at every level he's played, including the WJC and killing it this year in the AHL, and just got his first NHL goal within his first 4 NHL games and has been a threat every game. Not a speed-burner. But IQ more than makes up for that.

Last edited:

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
Not sure if you meant just undrafted, if not, I'd say for us it is Joshua Roy. Has the tools and the toolbox. Excelled at every level he's played, including the WJC. Not a speed-burner. But IQ more than makes up for that.
This is probably the correct answer as of now, but I am doubtful he will become a “star” maybe just a solid top-6 scorer.

Over guys with potential
Dimitry Rashevsky has potential if he ever comes over.
Nikita Grebyonkin
Niko Huuhtanen
Sam Lipkin
Oiva Keskinen
Devon Levi
Dustin Wolf

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
Not sure if you meant just undrafted, if not, I'd say for us it is Joshua Roy. Has the tools and the toolbox. Excelled at every level he's played, including the WJC. Not a speed-burner. But IQ more than makes up for that.
People don't realize but the dude was the 1st overall pick in the Q. He just had an awful season on his draft year which is why he fell to the 5th round. Excluding his bad year, his resume is that of an early 1st round pick.

Only 4 months older than Shane Wright and already as many goals in the NHL. His AHL numbers are much better as well.

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
Maybe not a star, but Massimo Rizzo could be on the rise. He was a rising young player in his D-2 in the BCHL but around draft time he stagnated a bit. Catching his stride in college for Denver and it will be interesting to see him join the pro ranks.

LesCanadiens

Hardcore Curmudgeon
Feb 27, 2002
West Kelowna
People don't realize but the dude was the 1st overall pick in the Q. He just had an awful season on his draft year which is why he fell to the 5th round. Excluding his bad year, his resume is that of an early 1st round pick.

Only 4 months older than Shane Wright and already as many goals in the NHL. His AHL numbers are much better as well.

I actually do remember that. He was overweight and was pegged as a guy that had a bad attitude and work ethic. He's been nothing short of awesome since then. What a steal for a 5th pick!

austin63867

Nov 13, 2018
I think from the 2023 draft at least that once they return to full health that Cam Allen and Matthew Mania are worth watching. I really liked Mania last season and Allen was considered as one of the top prospects before the OHL season before struggling and then getting injured.

Mikhail Ilyin is having an insane season, someone I completely missed on his projection last year.

Yevgeni Volokhin, Noah Chadwick, Ryan Conmy & Connor Levis might be future NHLers.

Tanner Adams & Anthony Romani are guys who should've been drafted who I think could make the league, although I don't think either should make it to Round 5 this time around.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
Maybe not a star, but Massimo Rizzo could be on the rise. He was a rising young player in his D-2 in the BCHL but around draft time he stagnated a bit. Catching his stride in college for Denver and it will be interesting to see him join the pro ranks.
Probably maxes out as a Ryan Donato or Ryan Dzingel caliber player, if he even gets that far. Certainly great for where he was drafted but I’d be shocked if he became a “star.”

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad