Michael Russo: Who is the next Captain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
fixed that for ya.

He's on Dan's list along with Parise, Suter, Spurgeon and Foligno.

If you want a feisty in-your-face captain on the ice, who fits the role? Spurgeon? :laugh:
Parise or Suter?...nah

Lizard...he's known around the league for this kind of play, gets under people's skin.

Foligno could also work, but there are a couple of problems with him as well. He's in the last year of his contract, and he lacks the hockey skills a captain should have. A 4th line player in that role is not optimal.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
He's on Dan's list along with Parise, Suter, Spurgeon and Foligno.

If you want a feisty in-your-face captain on the ice, who fits the role? Spurgeon? :laugh:
Parise or Suter?...nah

Lizard...he's known around the league for this kind of play, gets under people's skin.

Foligno could also work, but there are a couple of problems with him as well. He's in the last year of his contract, and he lacks the hockey skills a captain should have. A 4th line player in that role is not optimal.

Don’t really care much about that at all, and even so, Zucc didn’t fit that bill last year anyway.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
He had an arm injury that really limits his in the face play as he can’t fight then.

He's an agitator, but smart enough to keep his gloves on. Wild fans didn't see the real Zuccarello last season, and this injury was a big part of it. But now it's fixed.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
He's an agitator, but smart enough to keep his gloves on. Wild fans didn't see the real Zuccarello last season, and this injury was a big part of it. But now it's fixed.

Weird how you never made any comments about how he was off last season when it was happening, but then when the injury news came out, everything is because of the injury and we never saw the real Zuccarello.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Weird how you never made any comments about how he was off last season when it was happening, but then when the injury news came out, everything is because of the injury and we never saw the real Zuccarello.

Bad line mates AND an injury. We should probably commend him for even reaching double digits.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
If you haven't watched this, it's the Zuccarello you should expect to see next season. He knows the pressure is on, has to produce more. Said he can't wait to be back on the ice and play his A-game, once the repairs are healed.

I don't mind if he's not the captain, I'm not even sure if he wants that role. But the next captain on this team should have many of the same leadership qualities.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
If you haven't watched this, it's the Zuccarello you should expect to see next season. He knows the pressure is on, has to produce more. Said he can't wait to be back on the ice and play his A-game, once the repairs are healed.

I don't mind if he's not the captain, I'm not even sure if he wants that role. But the next captain on this team should have many of the same leadership qualities.

I'd be happy to let him do some of that stuff while wearing our jersey before putting a letter on it.

Reactions: TaLoN

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Or Spurgeon for that matter
I don't see how a guy that worked himself up from the scrapheap to a top pair D is a part of a supposed culture problem.

Even at Russo's loosest podcast speculation he's never hinted at that.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I don't see how a guy that worked himself up from the scrapheap to a top pair D is a part of a supposed culture problem.

Even at Russo's loosest podcast speculation he's never hinted at that.
The guy that's been on the team the longest wouldn't be considered part of the old culture?

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
The guy that's been on the team the longest wouldn't be considered part of the old culture?

Culture problem.

If there is a culture problem BG sees, that doesn't mean it's a result of every player that's a part of the team. If so, why keep anyone?

Reactions: HotDish
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad