Speculation: Who is the next Captain?

2018 19 Montreal Canadiens captain?

• Total voters

frapp10

Feb 21, 2015
Weber was always assistant captain on team canada. The other captains were toews and Crosby. He’s won the leadership award before. How do you not give it to him?

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Weber was always assistant captain on team canada. The other captains were toews and Crosby. He’s won the leadership award before. How do you not give it to him?
Because he's injured and will miss half the year.
Because he's already missed pretty much a full year last season.
Because considering that, he's really only been here one year.
Because this is a team in transition and he does not command it.

Habs should go captain-less next season and possibly the following one.

There is no rush to name a captain and it's not even mandatory. So let's wait and see who grabs the bull by the horns to really lead this young group.

Last edited:

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
Because he's injured and will miss half the year.
Because he's already missed pretty much a full year last season.
Because he's really only been here once
Because this is a team in transition and he most does not command it.

Habs should go captain-less next season and possibly the following one.

There is no rush to name a captain and it's not even mandatory. So let's wait and see who grabs the bull by the horns to really lead this young group.

Who ever stands up the MB and gets traded. That person should be the next Habs captain... Oh wait was that not the last captain? :laugh::huh::help::dunce:

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Should be Gallagher. Weber should be moving on in a year or so. Besides, I just like Gallagher better for the captaincy.

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
Wait last year in the begining of the season he wanted to be traded? “The Captain”

Thats just 1 full season after the PK trade?

Why dont they bring PK back and admit their fault? Make him Captain, case closed.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Just give it to Weber like should’ve been done when he was brought in, half the fan base already hate him so it’s not like you will be turning everyone against him lol

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Drouin as an Assistant? What in the world? I guess we are just attributing letters randomly. I'd want Pierre Gervais to get an "A" before Drouin.

I was going to go with Petry but I'm not sure he'll be here that long.

Drouin is seen as the future of this teams offence. You may not see it, but Bergevin and Julien do. With the sheer number of younger players on this team, he makes sense as an assistant captain. That being said, I could see it being Plex or Petry for now and them waiting to give it to him though I have no idea what the process is for the Habs naming their captains anymore. Seems like a completely arbitrary process so I makes sense to assign fairly arbitrary players.

Capitano

Jul 14, 2003
Visit site
I think Gallagher is a good choice...even when he is not scoring goals his engine is always on so that is bound to rub off on the other guys.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
I think Gallagher is ready to take over, but I could also easily see this go to Weber
I think both are great options and both have the right attitude and leadership off and on the ice to get it done!

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I was going to go with Petry but I'm not sure he'll be here that long.

Drouin is seen as the future of this teams offence. You may not see it, but Bergevin and Julien do. With the sheer number of younger players on this team, he makes sense as an assistant captain. That being said, I could see it being Plex or Petry for now and them waiting to give it to him though I have no idea what the process is for the Habs naming their captains anymore. Seems like a completely arbitrary process so I makes sense to assign fairly arbitrary players.
Who cares if he is set to be hear for a long time...That's not what you should base yourself on to give a letter.
Weber sold his previous team out by signing an offer sheet trying to skip town, and made them dish out a huge contract.
Drouin cried like a spoiled brat refusing to report to the farm team when he wasn't good enough to stay up, and then asked for a trade.

Your Canadiens leaders ladies and gents..

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
Weber, hands down....can't wait, name him now...this team needs direction,

Shea is hurt, but still can walk in that room and command respect...

Drew4u

Jul 22, 2016
There's no point to name a captain at this stage. Not sure Weber or Gally deserve it as their constantly injured. Hughes would make a good captain though. :)

BlackStar

Aug 12, 2010
Making Gallagher captain is another mess waiting to happen. He isn't good enough to be captain. He's a complementary winger, for goodness sake. The captain of the freaking Montreal Canadiens shouldn't should be a better talent than a guy like Gallagher. Our last two captains were embarrassing. I don't want the next Canadiens captain to be yet another player who will only be a footnote, if that, in NHL history. Let's end this nonsense.

I'd rather not have a captain for the next few years, until we can develop, hopefully, a star center/defensemen. We should be without a captain for the next few years to mark how awful this team and organization is. We should get a captain when we get a GM--a good one.

But since this team is too inept, and since they will pick a loser captain again, I guess I'd have to go with Weber, though I'm not a fan of his. But if we have to pick a captain, it should be him, not a 2nd line winger at best. He's at least a top-paring defensemen, I guess. So it's okay.

Reactions: vokiel

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Who cares if he is set to be hear for a long time...That's not what you should base yourself on to give a letter.
Weber sold his previous team out by signing an offer sheet trying to skip town, and made them dish out a huge contract.
Drouin cried like a spoiled brat refusing to report to the farm team when he wasn't good enough to stay up, and then asked for a trade.

Your Canadiens leaders ladies and gents..

Weber "sold out" his team by signing an offer sheet as much as PK did by holding out on the Habs or Markov going to Russia and Rads for taking the exact same offer Bergevin made to sign in Dallas. If Nashville felt so hard done by it, why would they make him the captain afterwards if he was such a selfish player? Why is he in a leadership role on EVERY team he plays for? It's a business, accept it. Who's crying like a baby now?

As for Drouin, he asked to be played in the NHL and didn't want to languish in the AHL. Funny that when he did go back to Tampa, he was one of there best players in the P.O's. Who'd have thunk it with having such low character and being such a cry baby?? Wow, he must be the biggest suck in the world because he wants to play in the NHL. What a loser!

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017
Give it to Gallagher. Weber is always injured and old.

will never be gally,

refs don't like him or respect him......he can not, and should not be captain,

i think he will also be trade bait at the deadline, so there is another reason

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Well WHENever they do decide on a new captain

if both gallagher and weber are still on the team, it would be foolish to think they dont give it to Weber.. Lets just be real here

Reactions: jaffy27

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Weber "sold out" his team by signing an offer sheet as much as PK did by holding out on the Habs or Markov going to Russia and Rads for taking the exact same offer Bergevin made to sign in Dallas. If Nashville felt so hard done by it, why would they make him the captain afterwards if he was such a selfish player? Why is he in a leadership role on EVERY team he plays for? It's a business, accept it. Who's crying like a baby now?

As for Drouin, he asked to be played in the NHL and didn't want to languish in the AHL. Funny that when he did go back to Tampa, he was one of there best players in the P.O's. Who'd have thunk it with having such low character and being such a cry baby?? Wow, he must be the biggest suck in the world because he wants to play in the NHL. What a loser!
You're the only that sounds like a cry-baby here throwing a fit because someone said Weber-Drouin should not be Captains of this team.

GHJimmy

We made it here.
Mar 30, 2018
Gallagher, Weber (when he starts to play so Petry), Domi, Plek. With the A's

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad