Speculation: Who is the next Captain?

2018 19 Montreal Canadiens captain?

• Total voters

feds91

May 17, 2004
easily Weber. the captain is the player designated by a team as the only person authorized to speak with the game officials regarding rule interpretations when the captain is on the ice. refs do not respect gallagher but i love him nevertheless.

Reactions: dralaf

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
Gallagher is not your typical goal scorer, I'm pretty sure his game will not be influenced if he gets the C.

He will still give 110% game after game.

I doubt the C will affect his game, he will play even harder IMO.
I don`t doubt that nor his leadership qualities but where is the need for a captain at this point in time? The team doesn`t look to be good for a while and the burden of the C in my opinion helped expedite Pacioretty leaving town. Gallagher doesn`t need the C to be a leader.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
I don`t doubt that nor his leadership qualities but where is the need for a captain at this point in time? The team doesn`t look to be good for a while and theburden of the C in my opinion helped expedite Pacioretty leaving town. Gallagher doesn`t need the C to be a leader.

What's the point in waiting? Waiting for what?

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal

That claim was made the day Pacioretty was traded...

There's still time till the season begins to name someone captain.

I just don't see the point in waiting.

It's Gallagher(my choice) or Weber, you don't have a ton of choices.

And there's nothing screaming captain coming up apart probably Poehling but it will take some time till he earns the respect and stuff...

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
That claim was made the day Pacioretty was traded...

There's still time till the season begins to name someone captain.

I just don't see the point in waiting.

It's Gallagher(my choice) or Weber, you don't have a ton of choices.

And there's nothing screaming captain coming up apart probably Poehling but it will take some time till he earns the respect and stuff...

Well, Weber said it best where part of the wait is out of respect for Max. Otherwise, I don’t see the need to rush into it either. We have a couple options, but Bergevin is going to have to decide whether it’s a team decision of management/coaches. Until that decision is made, they have FAR more important things to do such as running the training camp and evaluating the team over the next few weeks.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
I think it’s a forgone conclusion that Weber will be named the 30th captain in Habs history.

He’s a way better option than Gallagher imo.

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
Pacioretty said today, he`s looking forward to just worrying about his own game. He also said Vegas considers that they have 23 Captains and he liked that approach. I like that line of thinking.

Edit: Interesting that Vegas had no Captain during last spring's playoff run.

No captain? No problem when it comes to leadership for Knights

Last edited:

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Well, Weber said it best where part of the wait is out of respect for Max. Otherwise, I don’t see the need to rush into it either. We have a couple options, but Bergevin is going to have to decide whether it’s a team decision of management/coaches. Until that decision is made, they have FAR more important things to do such as running the training camp and evaluating the team over the next few weeks.

Again, they said that because it happened the same day... It was not the time to talk about captaincy.

But the seasons starts in one month they clearly have the time to name someone captain.

I don't really care to be honest, I don't think it's really important but I just don't see the point in waiting.

Let's say we don't name a captain this year, will the situation change next year? Or even in 2 years?

So we will be without a captain for 3 years?

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Gallagher is the epitome of a captain IMO. Watching that guy giving his 110% each shift is a pleasure!

When you see your captain going out there and battling like there's no tomorrow each shift should be motivating af.

At least it would clearly motivate me to give my best effort all the time.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
I chose Gally, but in fact I'd rather have Weber since very few Habs captain last more than 2-4 years before getting traded ever since the 90's, except for Koivu who was the only one who lasted more than 4 years and never got traded.

Stive Morgan

Mhm. Mhm. Mhm.
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
I think the natural choice is Gallagher though Weber is a strong possibility as well. Or just give it to Pleks as a pre-retirement gift.

Speaking of gifts, I'm still upset they never gave Mac Bennett a game in the NHL. 7 years with the organization, super nice guy, really committed to the organization, had decent stats in the AHL that season, and we were a lottery team anyways. But Joel f***ing Hanley is somehow more worthy of a call up.

Reactions: Montrealer

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Whoever wants the kiss of death can have it... Weber is fine with me. Pleks would be too

All that considered no captain with plenty of leadership to form a young one is the ideal situation

Reactions: Stive Morgan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->