Who is the Next Captain? (When we name one, not necessarily right now)

Who is the Next Captain?

• Alexis Lafreniere

• Mika Zibanejad

• Chris Kreider

Results are only viewable after voting.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
I feel like as soon as we won the draft lottery the idea of Mika is dead
Edit: It should be obvious but I'm NOT asking who's captain if we name one right now. I'm asking who do you think is the NEXT captain, could be 1 or 2 years from now that we name a captain.

Last edited:
Reactions: broadwayblue

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Kid hasn't skated a second of pro hockey and he's already being penned in as captain for his sophomore season.

Absolute joke. That NY Post interview really got some folks...hook, line, and sinker.

Crazy that the first overall pick could be named C in his sophomore season!

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
It goes beyond the post article lol.

Guys like Toews and Landeskog got the C in their sophomore seasons. Didn't hinder their games at all. Some guys are just meant for the role.

Basically this. Some guys just have that “it”. Mika and Kreids are great As but they don’t really have “it”. Obviously, Laf has to come in and have a solid rookie season first, but he certainly seems to have “it” personality wise.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
This is C of the New York Rangers. NYC. The Big Apple. Huge pressure. Atop already huge expectations to produce.

With great power comes great responsibility.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Will Laf end up as long-term captain at some point? Yes, chances are pretty likely.

But let's not crown the king before he steps into the locker room, let alone onto the ice, okay?

Reactions: Rangers743

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Will Laf end up as long-term captain at some point? Yes, chances are pretty likely.

But let's not crown the king before he steps into the locker room, let alone onto the ice, okay?
Yea I'm def not advocating naming him captain before he's played an NHL game lol. I just think he now roll with A's for a year and give him C his sophomore season. I'm not just saying this because of his skill, I never would've thought of naming Kakko captain. Laf's personality is tailor made for captain

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
The organizations hesitance to name a captain is pretty telling that there just isn't a player who exemplifies the leadership both on the ice and on the room. Zinabejad is an fantastic hockey player, and one of my fav players... But has he truly emerged as a leader worthy of the C? Cant wait to watch LaFreniere develop but he's got a long way to go before he's likely to have a letter on his sweater.

I don't think i can answer the poll cause im not sure they have the guy.

Reactions: ColonialsHockey10

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
The organizations hesitance to name a captain is pretty telling that there just isn't a player who exemplifies the leadership both on the ice and on the room. Zinabejad is an fantastic hockey player, and one of my fav players... But has he truly emerged as a leader worthy of the C? Cant wait to watch LaFreniere develop but he's got a long way to go before he's likely to have a letter on his sweater.

I don't think i can answer the poll cause im not sure they have the guy.
If you watch any interviews of Laf he exemplifies everything a captain should be, he's also someone who plays with an edge which can't be said of Zibanejad. Zibanejad has basically the opposite personality, he's a guy who doesn't seem to live & breathe hockey like the Laf's, the McDavids, the MacKinnon's of the world do

Kords

Jun 19, 2019
If they were even gonna name a Captain this year, winning the lotto is gonna give them pause. There's no way they don't WANT to name Laf the Captain for marketing reasons alone, but unless he has a monster season I don't see it happening. Kreider seems like the easy choice for now, but sooner or later it will be Alexis.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Landeskog had 52 points as a rookie before getting the C. Toews had 54 (in less games) before getting the C. If Lafreniere has a 50+ point season, he certainly is in conversation next off season. I think they’ll roll As for one more season.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad