Who is the most sensitive athlete in sports history?

Who are the most sensitive athletes in sports history?

• Terrell Owens

Votes: 9 19.1%
  • Mike Tyson

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Allen Iverson

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Floyd Mayweather Jr.

• Chris Bosh

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rasheed Wallace

• LeBron James

• Cristiano Ronaldo

• John McEnroe

• Kevin Garnett

• LaDainian Tomlinson

• Barry Bonds

• Serena Williams

Votes: 14 29.8%
  • Kevin Durant

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • Other. Please post.

Votes: 2 4.3%

• Total voters

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Iron Mike

Not a great example to use......guy gets sandbagged on live television, during an interview for a completely unrelated show, how else was he going to react? :laugh:

Reminds me of that annoying British interviewer who trolled Robert Downey Jr., using an Avengers Q&A to ask him about his alcohol/drug abuse.

Some interviewers just want their fifteen minutes, I guess.

Reactions: Fixxer

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I heard McEnroe recently say that if he had the Eagle-Eye replay system that we have now during his day, he would have been one of the most mild-mannered guys on tour. It was a fact of life in tennis in those days that you'd see a ball from your opponent go out, get called in, and he would go bonkers cause there was nothing he could do about it...

I'm not so sure he's being truthful to himself when he says that. Eagle eye fixes the issue of whether a ball was in or out, but I can see him possibly blowing up about umpire decisions on whether to replay or award those points.

AngloHab

Jan 17, 2013
Shaquille O'Neal is the most thin skinned athlete that I can recall. He's a goofy guy when it suits him but also seems very easily riled up and can't really take a joke unless its on his terms.

The whole Kobe-Shaq soap opera was in part due to the fact that Shaq was super insecure and was unable or unwilling to share the limelight with someone else. As flawed as Kobe is/was (and he has some serious personality flaws) Shaq could have been the bigger man, but he just did not have it in him.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Nick Kyrgios

I guess we all define sensitivity a little differently. Nick can be steered off his game very quickly, so in that sense, he is very sensitive.

I think his main issue is that he gets frustrated very quickly, and once he gets in that mode, everything else in his environment triggers him into an increasingly frustrated state.

The thing with Nick is that the frustration is often self manufactured when he is in singles matches. In team events, he seems to do a much better job of staying focused.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad