Prospect Info: Who is the most overrated/underrated Jets prospect?

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
Overrated:

Brendan Lemieux: 21 years old, and has under-performed in the AHL. Only 19 points last season, and a -16.

Underrated:

Erik Foley:
Gritty 19 year old agitator, who has exceeded expectations in College, and played in the World Juniors for the USA. Could make a reliable bottom six forward for the Jets sooner than later.

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
UnderRated: Luke Green, Skill Wise(Allot of great tools, I honestly think he should have gone no further than the middle of the 2nd Round)

OverRated: Eric Comrie, Statistically atleast

Boreal

Jun 26, 2012
Underrated
Logan Stanley
Mikhail Berdin

Overrated
Nic Petan
Eric Comrie

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
Underrated
Logan Stanley
Mikhail Berdin

Overrated
Nic Petan
Eric Comrie

Honestly I haven't seen much of him(as I missed the Memorial Cup), has he proved his worth of the 1st Pick back yet. Basically just wondering why you picked him..

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
Overrated:

Brendan Lemieux: 21 years old, and has under-performed in the AHL. Only 19 points last season, and a -16.

Underrated:

Erik Foley:
Gritty 19 year old agitator, who has exceeded expectations in College, and played in the World Juniors for the USA. Could make a reliable bottom six forward for the Jets sooner than later.

bolded: And everyone took notice which is why I'd say Lemieux isn't overrated anymore. He for sure used to be our most overrated prospect though. But I do like your underrated choice.

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
bolded: And everyone took notice which is why I'd say Lemieux isn't overrated anymore. He for sure used to be our most overrated prospect though. But I do like your underrated choice.

Well if I had a choice for the second most overrated player, it would be Eric Comrie.

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016

His name is going to be a issue always :laugh:

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
Underrated:

Jansen Harkins - still performing and comparing similarly to a first round pick statistically with the added benefit of scouts raving about his two way play. These are the guys in most interested in.

Luke green- I said it at the draft, I wouldn't have been upset if we'd drafted him at 36. Love this kids game and he's performed really REALLY well.

Overrated

Eric comrie - im extremely skeptical of the hype around this kid. Goalies are voodoo but his numbers have consistently be mediocre. We've seen how much difficulty a guy who's destroyed the NCAA and the AHL can have transitioning to the NHL, there's no way a guy who was mediocre in the CHL and ahl is more likely to succeed.

Poolman - overrated is tough. Most of the guys who were overrated people have picked up on and their values dropped. Poolman sort of gets it by default simply because his path and development is so bizarre I don't think you can Project him at all until you see him in the AHL/NHL which will be the first time in his career since he was 16 that he was actually playing in an appropriate league for his age/development.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Underrated:
Petan
Harkins
Foley

Overrated:
Comrie
Stanley

Bonus category - Most Forgotten:
De Leo
Kosmachuk

jetsfaneh

Feb 15, 2015
Underrated: Jansen Harkins - I think he will surprise this year and slowly carve out his niche of being a solid two way third line centre in the NHL in a couple years.

Overrated: Sami Niku - We the fans want this guy to be a gem so bad that it can only disappoint. It will be interesting to see what he can do in the A but I wouldn't be surprised if he gets off to a Jan Kostalek type of start.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
I'm going to switch this up & vote for a couple of overrated that I think will do well

Underrated
Nic Petan - will be a fireplug in the NHL someday (just likely not for the Jets)
Eric Comrie - still think the young man will make it

Overrated
A tough one as we all tend to overrate.
Spacek
Poolman (I hope anyway)

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
Over: Poolman - I will be surprised if he maintains a #6 spot

Under: hard to say...probably spacek

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I'm going to switch this up & vote for a couple of overrated that I think will do well

Underrated
Nic Petan - will be a fireplug in the NHL someday (just likely not for the Jets)
Eric Comrie - still think the young man will make it

Overrated
A tough one as we all tend to overrate.
Spacek
Poolman (I hope anyway)

You hope Poolman is overrated? Why would you want him to bust?

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Overrated by me:

Niku (based on hope)

Overrated by our board:

My fear is Poolman.

Overrated by TNSE;

Eric Comrie (He needs a big season)

Overrated by this thread:

Logan Stanley

Hall of fame overrated prospect:

Lemmy but finally the market has corrected. Penalty machine wing nut on a team with a discipline problem......whose idea was that? :laugh:

Underrated:

Maybe Harkins but more realistically by me now most of our newer prospects. I have become more sceptical of non high end prospects based on history and the math as far as filling meaningful roles. I am waiting for our first non first round "skater" to break through to be a top 6 fwd or top 4 D man. I do like how we have drafted overall and it's nice to have the Lowry, Copp, Petan, types make the NHL in the support roles. When so few prospects make it to 200 NHL games played it's not easy and so I am recalibrating expectations.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Overrated by me:

Niku (based on hope)

Overrated by our board:

My fear is Poolman.

Overrated by TNSE;

Eric Comrie (He needs a big season)

Overrated by this thread:

Logan Stanley

Hall of fame overrated prospect:

Lemmy but finally the market has corrected. Penalty machine wing nut on a team with a discipline problem......whose idea was that? :laugh:

Underrated:

Maybe Harkins but more realistically by me now most of our newer prospects. I have become more sceptical of non high end prospects based on history and the math as far as filling meaningful roles. I am waiting for our first non first round "skater" to break through to be a top 6 fwd or top 4 D man. I do like how we have drafted overall and it's nice to have the Lowry, Copp, Petan, types make the NHL in the support roles. When so few prospects make it to 200 NHL games played it's not easy and so I am recalibrating expectations.

Stanley becomes overrated by being listed as underrated and then becomes underrated again because he's called out as being overrated in the thread where he's called underrated. :laugh:

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Now Niku is becoming underrated because he's called overrated, etc., etc...

He's overrated because you read from time to time here that a 7th rounder who just signed a elc has an outside chance of making team. Or he might be a call up this year over players with nhl experience.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->