Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
This is where it gets pretty tough. I think there's a solid argument for any of Nyman, Goyette and Winterton. You could probably sway me on Melanson as well.

Winterton IS probably the guy (and probably higher than 5 even) if he had stayed healthy and produced at his healthy rate.
Nyman has that insane upside, but is hurt by the floor being lower
Goyette has that upside as well, but not quite as high, but with a higher floor
Melanson is probably not these guys levels, and is a bit of a liability, but probably has the most promise of meeting the potential he has since his upside isn't as high, but his floor isn't as low... if I'm remembering him right.

I'm voting Winterton though. If Winterton is healthy, he's probably our #2 or 3.

Reactions: majormajor

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
This is where it gets pretty tough. I think there's a solid argument for any of Nyman, Goyette and Winterton. You could probably sway me on Melanson as well.

Winterton IS probably the guy (and probably higher than 5 even) if he had stayed healthy and produced at his healthy rate.
Nyman has that insane upside, but is hurt by the floor being lower
Goyette has that upside as well, but not quite as high, but with a higher floor
Melanson is probably not these guys levels, and is a bit of a liability, but probably has the most promise of meeting the potential he has since his upside isn't as high, but his floor isn't as low... if I'm remembering him right.

I'm voting Winterton though. If Winterton is healthy, he's probably our #2 or 3.
Yeah. I think Winterton has dropped solely because of his recurring injuries. He would be pretty high otherwise.

Melanson is the one I am truly surprised with this season. Not just his point scoring, which he leads his team despite being suspended for 5 games, but also his team-leading +/-. The kid is at +13 when the next closes on his team is +4. And he plays with an edge, as shown by his suspension(s). While that is not great that he crosses the line, it is a good skill to have at the NHL level as long as he can tone it down just a little bit. I can see him being a very serviceable mid-6 player if he can translate those skills.

Nyman has great hands for his size, but his skating is a liability. I have seen good coaching fix skating, or enough talent overcome that issue, but it's a tough hill to climb in the NHL if it cannot be fixed.

I would currently rate Goyette behind these 3.

Reactions: majormajor

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad