Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I can't decide between four guys.

I'll share my impressions and maybe folks can chime in and correct or extend my thought.

Goyette I have seen and he's very fast and skilled, just beginning to put it together. Also kind of a lightweight and not a 200 ft guy so he really needs to be a scorer to make it.

Nelson was highly touted before seemingly falling apart last year. His production looks back on the upward track, not sure about his defense.

Winterton scored in bunches last year. He should be back soon from shoulder surgery recovery and he's very young for his draft class, almost as young as the 2022 kids. I'm inclined to vote for him but I've never seen him play. I don't know enough.

Nyman is a big winger already scoring goals in Finnish pro. I believe it was Pronman who put Nyman high up on a list of high-upside prospects.

Reactions: Irie

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
I actually watched a whole game last night between North Bay and Sudbury, from back in late November, hoping to see some of Nelson, Jackson and Goyette.

Nelson stood out HEAVILY in that game. He had a couple secondary assists, but was a guy who was involved in the play pretty substantially throughout. Both Jackson (2 assists) and Goyette (1 goal) had good games as well, but it was rather surprising just how much Nelson stood out and how it felt like Jackson and Goyette were rarely on the ice. In the end, North Bay won 7-4. Nelson had +3 and Jackson was +1 and Goyette -2. Jackson didn't shoot even once while the other two had 3 shots each.

If you're curious, it was the free game on CHL.tv on Nov. 30.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I actually watched a whole game last night between North Bay and Sudbury, from back in late November, hoping to see some of Nelson, Jackson and Goyette.

Nelson stood out HEAVILY in that game. He had a couple secondary assists, but was a guy who was involved in the play pretty substantially throughout. Both Jackson (2 assists) and Goyette (1 goal) had good games as well, but it was rather surprising just how much Nelson stood out and how it felt like Jackson and Goyette were rarely on the ice. In the end, North Bay won 7-4. Nelson had +3 and Jackson was +1 and Goyette -2. Jackson didn't shoot even once while the other two had 3 shots each.

If you're curious, it was the free game on CHL.tv on Nov. 30.

Okay, I'll vote Nelson.

CHL games are also available for free on onhockey. There's a few WHL matchups on right now.

Reactions: brakeyawself

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad