Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kyle Jackson

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest
Apparently I'm the only Ryker Evans homer around these parts.

For me it is more "who has the highest ceiling"

Evans is currently the best prospect, but he is 21. If I am looking at who will be the best in the NHL, I feel like Goyette and Nelson may surpass Evans before all is said and done. I gave the slight edge to Goyette, but it is really close, especially with the breakout year Nelson is having.

Reactions: RayMartyniukTotems

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
For me it is more "who has the highest ceiling"

Evans is currently the best prospect, but he is 21. If I am looking at who will be the best in the NHL, I feel like Goyette and Nelson may surpass Evans before all is said and done. I gave the slight edge to Goyette, but it is really close, especially with the breakout year Nelson is having.
I have kind of been surprised with Melanson too.. And if Winterton ever got healthy, it could end up being a pretty good prospect pool.

Nyman and Ottavainen are two others who are doing pretty well in Finland playing with the pros

Reactions: RayMartyniukTotems

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest
I have kind of been surprised with Melanson too.. And if Winterton ever got healthy, it could end up being a pretty good prospect pool.

Nyman and Ottavainen are two others who are doing pretty well in Finland playing with the pros
I had Winterton above Evans last spring, but the injuries and surgeries are piling up there, so he slipped a bit for me.

European prospects playing on the big ice are hard to predict. The transition is definitely tougher for them, so I think some of them are often ranked lower than they would be if playing in NA.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Definitely Evans here. I have him ahead on both upside and likelihood of making it to the NHL.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Assuming Wright and Evans are the top two, who would be the #3 this summer?

Firkus?
Nelson?

Does anyone want to volunteer a prospect ranking?

I personally don't know enough beyond the top 5 or so guys.

Fuhrious

Feb 3, 2004
Weird thread necro. Sale hadnt even been drafted by the time this poll ran...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad