Who is the greatest stickhandler of all time?

Greatest stickhandler of all time?

• Pavel Datsyuk

• Patrick Kane

• Mario Lemieux

• Alex Kovalev

• Pavel Bure

• Wayne Gretzky

• Connor McDavid

• Alex Barkov

• Alex Ovechkin

• Evgeni Malkin

• Denis Savard

• Sidney Crosby

• Peter Forsberg

• Nathan MacKinnon

• Auston Matthews

• Sergei Fedorov

• Jaromir Jagr

• Nikita Kucherov

Results are only viewable after voting.

TopShelfYzerman

Gm 7 Double OT
Jan 3, 2011
USA
www.youtube.com
Your ranking isn't grossly wrong, but Patrick Kane's stickhandling isn't "far behind" anyone's. I wish people on this forum would stop being hyperbolic about everything. It's the worst part about hfboards, and it's actually not even close.
Datsyuk was the prettiest. Kane and Kovalev the fastest.

Several years ago everyone abused AINEC. Now everyone says 'on another level' 'its ridiculous' 'not even close' like an attempt to get others to buy even more into their posts. Comical actually.

Reactions: BlueMed

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
You sound like a biased fan. Kovalev was a better stickhandler than Lemieux.

Don't take my word for it, Lemieux himself said Kovalev is the best he's ever seen:

Magic Touch Not even Penguins teammate Mario Lemieux can match Alexei Kovalev for on-ice wizardry

I sound biased? Kovalev is probably the best forward Ive seen dress up for my team, lmao.

Kovy is #2 for me, but Lemieux could do way more than Datsyuk and Kovy on size alone. He had the wing span of a 747 with the precision of datsyuk.

He also did that with the heaviest Koho sticks.

OppositeLocK

Nov 18, 2017
I sound biased? Kovalev is probably the best forward Ive seen dress up for my team, lmao.

Kovy is #2 for me, but Lemieux could do way more than Datsyuk and Kovy on size alone. He had the wing span of a 747 with the precision of datsyuk.

He also did that with the heaviest Koho sticks.

Again, I really think you're exaggerating a little bit. There are two inches separating Kovalev and Lemieux. Reach was not that big an advantage. It's not like we're comparing Chara to Crosby.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Again, I really think you're exaggerating a little bit. There are two inches separating Kovalev and Lemieux. Reach was not that big an advantage. It's not like we're comparing Chara to Crosby.

It is a size advantage, two inches in size adds up on stick and arms length too.

Mario was just so long and able to do things no one ever replicated because of it.

I must say Kovalev was probably more creative though and also Lemieux seemed to pull random things out of his ass (that always worked.)

He also deked out the best defender in the history of hockey, and made him look like a complete fool.

Kovalev did master the weak to strong deke though, no one could do it like he did. (As anyone ever ?)

Lemieux was just better at doing what dekes serve as a purpose, create space.

Note that he also did that with guys hanging off him.

OppositeLocK

Nov 18, 2017
It is a size advantage, two inches in size adds up on stick and arms length too.

Mario was just so long and able to do things no one ever replicated because of it.

I must say Kovalev was probably more creative though and also Lemieux seemed to pull random things out of his ass (that always worked.)

He also deked out the best defender in the history of hockey, and made him look like a complete fool.

Kovalev did master the weak to strong deke though, no one could do it like he did. (As anyone ever ?)

Lemieux was just better at doing what dekes serve as a purpose, create space.

Note that he also did that with guys hanging off him.

Well, be that as it may, I'm going to go with what Lemieux himself said and agree with him and disagree with you.

OppositeLocK

Nov 18, 2017
You are using Lemieux comment to give your opinion validity, Im refuting that.

By saying Gretzky said Crosby is better but you think Gretzky is actually better, and based on that Lemieux is also wrong about Kovalev, therefore you are correct and I am wrong?

ThatsSoSlavin

Aug 23, 2018
By saying Gretzky said Crosby is better but you think Gretzky is actually better, and based on that Lemieux is also wrong about Kovalev, therefore you are correct and I am wrong?
Gretz said that

hockey players say things to not be cocky or controversial, would you really expected Lemieux to say he was the better stick handler? Nah they just say the other person regardless how they really feel

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Kovalev had the best hands and was the best stickhandler technically.

Datsyuk is the best dangler however. He didn’t always dangle with his hands, a lot of the times he’d break dudes’ ankles by shifting directions quickly and putting the puck under their stick.

Reactions: Garthinater

Hellraising Senator

Feb 15, 2017
As a 40 year old dude, I voted Lemieux but debated myself him or kovalev. That guy could work magic with that puck. He just was a lethargic type of player who if was a bit more intense could have had a bit better of a career.(not saying his career sucked, I was always a fan of Kovalev)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad