Who is the Greatest Buffalo Sabre All-Time Whose Last Name Started with "N"?

Who is the Greatest Buffalo Sabre All-Time Whose Last Name Started with "N"?

• Mark Napier (1986 - 1989)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Casey Nelson (2015 - 2019)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
I'm asking who is the best Sabre all-time whose last name started with the letter "N"? This is for their time with the Sabres, and I'm arbitrarily selecting a 75 game minimum as a Sabre.

Remember, this is all-time and includes every season since the beginning of the franchise - not just the recent ones.

Of course, I'll run through the rest of the alphabet up until the regular season starts.

Results so far:

A: Dave Andreychuk 91.2%
B: Danny Briere 73.1%
C: Brian Campbell 50.6%
D: Rasmus Dahlin 66.3%
E: Jack Eichel 48.1%
F: Mike Foligno 93.2%
G: Danny Gare 94.5%
H: Dominik Hasek 95.3%
I: No one qualified
J: Calle Johansson 51.3% (Honorable Mention - Rick Jeanneret)
K: Jerry Korab 71.9%
L: Pat LaFontaine 80.0%
M: Rick Martin 48.2%

Let the voting begin!

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
The only surprise here is only three guys with an N last name have played any significant tenure here in 53 years. Hopefully when all is said and done, Neuchev will have knocked Teppo off the pedestal.

Reactions: michaelsaas

dire wolf

immaculate vibes
May 9, 2006
Out in LA
The only surprise here is only three guys with an N last name have played any significant tenure here in 53 years. Hopefully when all is said and done, Neuchev will have knocked Teppo off the pedestal.
Or Novikov.

Also, the poll should have included these Sabres greats:
Rmun Ndur
Michal Neuvirth
Rob Niedermayer
Jordan Nolan
Mika Noronen
Jiri Novotny
Alex Nylander

ZemgusWho

Jun 19, 2007
Denver
It's funny how much Napier and Numminen have in common— long career, finished in Buffalo. But Teppo's career overall was better, longer, and his time in Buffalo better even though he was nearly 40.

Shocked there's only THREE qualifying players in the entire history of the Sabres. Especially after we could have made an entire team of M's.

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
Wow N is real popular on Wheel of Fortune but apparently it's not so popular when it comes to Sabres' last names lol

KiwiGriff

It’s a Bloody Business Bates!
Dec 29, 2019
Porirua
I was sure it’d be Martin, Mogilny, Miller in that order. Interesting to see Mogilny falling into a distant third place there.

M was a crazy selection. Major takeaway? If you want your child to be a successful Sabre, make sure you change your surname to something beginning with M.

DolanPlsGoSabres

スカンデッラ
Mar 17, 2013
Nagoya
M was a crazy selection. Major takeaway? If you want your child to be a successful Sabre, make sure you change your surname to something beginning with M.

Counterargument: If you want your child to get a good amount of votes for a "Greatest Buffalo Sabre All-Time Whose Last Name Started With" vote, don't change to M because you won't surpass Miller Mogilny or Martin. Maybe go with I or something so you are unanimous.

• Haha
Reactions: KiwiGriff

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I'm asking who is the best Sabre all-time whose last name started with the letter "N"? This is for their time with the Sabres, and I'm arbitrarily selecting a 75 game minimum as a Sabre.

Remember, this is all-time and includes every season since the beginning of the franchise - not just the recent ones.

Of course, I'll run through the rest of the alphabet up until the regular season starts.

Results so far:

A: Dave Andreychuk 91.2%
B: Danny Briere 73.1%
C: Brian Campbell 50.6%
D: Rasmus Dahlin 66.3%
E: Jack Eichel 48.1%
F: Mike Foligno 93.2%
G: Danny Gare 94.5%
H: Dominik Hasek 95.3%
I: No one qualified
J: Calle Johansson 51.3% (Honorable Mention - Rick Jeanneret)
K: Jerry Korab 71.9%
L: Pat LaFontaine 80.0%

Let the voting begin!
How in the world did Hasek only have 95% of the votes?!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad