Speculation: Who is the Flames' Next Coach?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aug 3, 2010
Due to the lack of leaked news or confirmation, I'm still hoping, vainly, for Reirden.

Otzelor

Nov 29, 2015
Due to the lack of leaked news or confirmation, I'm still hoping, vainly, for Reirden.

I nearly smashed my screen because of your lill´joke on the right side of the screen how could you do this to us? :cry:

#dineenoverreirden

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Saw on my Twitter that all major insiders are calling it for 1030 this AM.

I'm wondering if they're bring on an AC or if Glen will get his own assistant along with Marty.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
I like the hiring. It was methodical. Treliving knows him (which I don't think is a bad thing). Dallas was a really weak roster and they still were a .500 team. He developed Jamie Benn into the player he is today. He's not Carlyle. He got fired by Dallas, and Willie Dejardins signed him as an assistant, even though he was Gully's assistant before that. That tells me two things. One, hes easy to work with. Two, he has the respect of his peers.

Still think Boudreau was the obvious choice, but o'well.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I like the hiring. It was methodical. Treliving knows him (which I don't think is a bad thing). Dallas was a really weak roster and they still were a .500 team. He developed Jamie Benn into the player he is today. He's not Carlyle. He got fired by Dallas, and Willie Dejardins signed him as an assistant, even though he was Gully's assistant before that. That tells me two things. One, hes easy to work with. Two, he has the respect of his peers.

Still think Boudreau was the obvious choice, but o'well.

I'm okay with the hiring.
Out of the last three major candidates; I was happy with all three. As I keep mentioning: as long as the new coach has a system that doesn't involved collapsing the defence and trying to block shots, as long as the system doesn't have chip and change as a major component, as long as the new system has some cycling to it... We should be fine.

Some semblance of a puck possession system or defensive structure + a goalie; and I could see us in the fight for the wildcard or even a Pacific division spot.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
So I figured I'd listen to Fan960 on my commute to work this morning because surely they would have some insight or some discussion about the Gulutzan hiring.

Man, that 78 seconds of discussion (of how to pronounce his name) sure left me feeling satisfied.

What a joke of a sports radio station. In a 30 minute commute, I got less actual sports information than if I would have had Siri read me sports headlines.

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
Saw on my Twitter that all major insiders are calling it for 1030 this AM.

I'm wondering if they're bring on an AC or if Glen will get his own assistant along with Marty.

I think sureLoss brought up Jared Bednar as a possible candidate. I think it was just speculation.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
So I figured I'd listen to Fan960 on my commute to work this morning because surely they would have some insight or some discussion about the Gulutzan hiring.

Man, that 78 seconds of discussion (of how to pronounce his name) sure left me feeling satisfied.

What a joke of a sports radio station. In a 30 minute commute, I got less actual sports information than if I would have had Siri read me sports headlines.

Hello Gully, Dry Gulch or Gulch Creek..

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012

Morning show's useless, unless they have Friedman on.
Have to wait after Jim Rome when Steinberg and Kerr take over. They actually talk sports :laugh:

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
Morning show's useless, unless they have Friedman on.
Have to wait after Jim Rome when Steinberg and Kerr take over. They actually talk sports :laugh:

I was talking with a buddy about Kerr and he couldn't believe that I liked him. He said he knows nothing about what he's talking about, but I told thim that while Kerr may not be an expert on everything (or anything), he knows how to guide the discussion have have his guests speak about relevant stuff and he just runs a smooth show.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Hello Gully, Dry Gulch or Gulch Creek..

Blood Gulch?

latest

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
I like Kerr and Steinberg. Hockey central at noon is usually what I listen to if I do turn on the radio.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I was talking with a buddy about Kerr and he couldn't believe that I liked him. He said he knows nothing about what he's talking about, but I told thim that while Kerr may not be an expert on everything (or anything), he knows how to guide the discussion have have his guests speak about relevant stuff and he just runs a smooth show.

I like Kerr.
When I went to the draft last year, he sat beside my father and I on the plane from Dallas to Calgary (connecting flight). I ended up chatting with him for almost the entire flight. It's really awesome he was willing to chat with me for so long, and while he's not an ultimate hockey mind, he's a smart enough guy who can have a conversation with.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
You ever wonder why we're here?

You ever wonder how many times I've watched all the seasons of RvB?

Me too. It's too many.

My usual gamer Handle is RvB Fanatic, changed it to Flames Fanatic for this site lol.

Watching the presser in the background at work, I'll try to post any interesting tidbits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->