Who is the Canucks #3 dman? 2019 edition

3rd?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

n00bxQb

Jul 26, 2010
Hutton, Gudbranson, and Stecher are all pretty close, IMO. All have significant flaws in their games, should realistically be 3rd pair guys, but it's the best we have.

Voted Hutty, but like I said, I could see an argument made for any of those 3 guys.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Hutton, Gudbranson, and Stecher are all pretty close, IMO. All have significant flaws in their games, should realistically be 3rd pair guys, but it's the best we have.

Voted Hutty, but like I said, I could see an argument made for any of those 3 guys.
Disagree about Hutton. I think he is legit #4 at this point.

Rowlet

Oct 13, 2018
probably Hutton... realistically nobody should be a 3 on this team

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
Surprised Edler came 1st. I agree but for years now it's been all Tanev with people acting like we just want to get rid of Edler, can't wait till he's gone, bad contract we're stuck with etc. Happy people may have finally noticed just how bad this team is without him.

Anyway, easily Hutton, legit #4 IMO. He stepped in and played some real heavy minutes when we had serious injuries this year and played fantastic, does look to be slowing down though.

Reactions: Etteduag ot Reseob

ErrantShepherd

Nostalgic despite the Bad
Dec 2, 2018
...Canada, eh?
Hutton once again seems like the obvious choice with his play this season... choosing any of the others above him feels like a bit of a head scratcher to me? ...but maybe that is carryover from his prior season struggles?

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
Based on Cancuks vote + avatar combo, I have no choice but to assume he is actually Jimothy Benning.

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Hutton once again seems like the obvious choice with his play this season... choosing any of the others above him feels like a bit of a head scratcher to me? ...but maybe that is carryover from his prior season struggles?

A case could be made for Stecher who leads all Dmen with a +9 rating, Hutton -16, both have had terrible partners for most of the season. Hutton is my choice for #3 btw.

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
Hutton. If he was ever given a proper partner instead of being asked to keep Gudbranson’s head above water he’d actually be appreciated!
Remember it took Hall of Fame levels of talent to make Gudbranson even look like a Top4 defenceman when Soups did it. Since then he hasn’t ever been paired with a guy like that.

Reactions: Etteduag ot Reseob

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Wow!. That's a really tough question. It's probably Hutton. But any d-man not named Edler or Tanev would be a 5-6 on virtually any other team in the league.

My vote goes to Quinn Hughes, who automatically becomes a #3 when he signs, with the possibility of moving higher after only a few games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->