Prospect Info: Who is the Blues #14 Prospect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I went with Shields. Doesn't have the ceiling of the other guys, but he was pretty consistent last year in the AHL. He could make a decent 6/7 Dman at some point.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Went with Jani, but Walman, Shields, Pochiro, Descheneau, and Wannstrom are all in the same tier for me.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Shields was better than Hakanpaa last season for the Wolves but Hakanpaa has a little more potential IMO. I rank both about the same but I'm going to go with Hakanpaa here. I want to see more of Walman first but I could see him jumping up the list a bit if he has a good season.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
I went with Hakanpaa. I'm not yet convinced he is our 14th best prospect, but I think he will get his turn in the NHL long before many of the others on that list and I feel that counts for something.

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
I went Hakanpaa, but really at this point. My vote is going to for someone with any kind of a ceiling. Shields is maybe a 7th-9th defenseman like Chorney was. There are still some guys with some potential greater than a spare part though long range. Walman, MacEachern, Lundstrom, Poganski, and Descheneau have one far greater than a Pochiro, Wannstrom or Shields at this point. Just my opinion,

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Yeah, I think it's time to go with Walman next. He was picked 12 spots ahead of Husso in the draft (all of 2 months ago) and Husso won the #12 poll. I'm excited to see what he can do at Providence College this season.

After that, I think it's Lundstrom, Poganski and Descheneau. Yes, Descheneau is small and yes, his numbers are inflated because he plays with Reinhart and yes, he probably won't make it, but if he does, he's going to be a solid contributor. He has a lot of skill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad