Prospect Info: Who is the Blues #13 Prospect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
It was a tough choice between Walman, who may become a very good 2-way defenceman, and Edmundson, who has developed well towards being a solid stay-at-home defenceman. I had to go with Edmundson, as being well on the way towards NHL development is better on average, than averaging the risk of being a bust in with upper level of potential. I don't think Walman will be a bust, but when a young player is far away, we must also factor in the possibility of a career-ending injury, even before ever reaching The NHL.

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
I went way off board and picked Poganski.

It was between him and Edmundson. I wonder if Edmundson will make it beyond an AHLer that bounces up and down between the NHL for injury call ups. (Al la Tyson Stratchen). I am concerned about his skating and limited ability to move the puck.

Poganski was at the US WJC camp and got a look - nothing special, but he wasn't a 1 and done..... Which for the talent on that team is no small thing. He is further away at this point and has a bigger bust potentail, but I think he may have more up side then Edmundson.

Not a fan of Tesink. I don't think he will stick with the Wolves this year and wind up in the ECHL.

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
I think Edmundson and Hakanpaa are interchangeable here. In my opinion, Edmundson gets the nod adding a much needed element of toughness that we lack on defense. Hopefully, he gives us a much improved version of Matt Walker capable of playing a 4 to 6 role. His skillset is such that it isn't out of the realm of possibility. I think Mackenzie MacEachern needs to not be overlooked. 8 goals for a freshman is really not a bad first year considering their leading scorer only had 13. They play a strong defensive game. From the games I watched, he was very visible on both ends of the ice whether he had the puck or not. Michigan State is an excellent program that has produced many quality NHL players including Rod Brind A'mour.

CoMoBlues

Aug 16, 2010
Columbus, OH
I think Edmundson and Hakanpaa are interchangeable here. In my opinion, Edmundson gets the nod adding a much needed element of toughness that we lack on defense. Hopefully, he gives us a much improved version of Matt Walker capable of playing a 4 to 6 role. His skillset is such that it isn't out of the realm of possibility. I think Mackenzie MacEachern needs to not be overlooked. 8 goals for a freshman is really not a bad first year considering their leading scorer only had 13. They play a strong defensive game. From the games I watched, he was very visible on both ends of the ice whether he had the puck or not. Michigan State is an excellent program that has produced many quality NHL players including Rod Brind A'mour.

I agree with all you've said, but reached a different conclusion, and went with Hakanpaa here for the same reasoning. I agree that him and Edmundson are interchangeable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad