Who Is The Bigger Rival?

GreedyDangle

Jan 12, 2013
Philly
The Rangers still hold notorious against the fly guys beating them every regular season game including the Winter Classic. Although, the rivalry against the Penguins is a more personal one with G and Crosby fighting it out every shift. With those statements in mind, who is the bigger rival for this 48-game shortened season?

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Yea I don't like Pitt more, and thats just how it has always been. I'm 23 so same as above. If it wasn't Crosby, it was Mario or Jagr. Maybe when Pitt sucks again I can hate the Rangers more again. Like when they had Jagr haha

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Yea I was just going to say, when Pitt wasn't good the Debbies were, and for a while in the early 2000s late 90s it seemed like they beat us every year in the post season

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
There's no team I like beating more than Pitt. I've been following the team since '97 and the Rangers aren't even my #2 rival, it's the Devils.

Also how I feel.

Dunno. I don't hate the Rangers. Maybe I did in the mid-1990s, when fans seemed to come crawling out of the woodwork, but not for a while.

funghoul

Pejorative Sluro montalbon
Jul 14, 2010
upper drugs
There's no team I like beating more than Pitt. I've been following the team since '97 and the Rangers aren't even my #2 rival, it's the Devils.

yea. The devils were the most hated because they stood between us and the cup twice and that goes back longer. real hardcore hatred for the penguins is more recent and the rangers just sucked so long i never really cared about them. we always beat them in the playoffs so i didn't care. when was the last time they beat us in the playoffs? 86'? i don't care bout regular season but if you legitimately screw up a REAL chance at a cup then you gotta hate.

zarley zelepukin

Oct 25, 2008
Norristown, PA
yea. The devils were the most hated because they stood between us and the cup twice and that goes back longer. real hardcore hatred for the penguins is more recent and the rangers just sucked so long i never really cared about them. we always beat them in the playoffs so i didn't care. when was the last time they beat us in the playoffs? 86'? i don't care bout regular season but if you legitimately screw up a REAL chance at a cup then you gotta hate.

Exactly. The Rangers were kind of a big joke for most of the last 15 years, with all their big FA signings and disappointing seasons. Being able to whoop the Devils in 2010 and 2004 was really sweet after they had our number for awhile.

GreedyDangle

Jan 12, 2013
Philly
True. After the second round last year with the Devils I can't stand them and with the loss of Parise I don't think we really need to be worrying about them. But, Kovi is probably going to get more playing time as well.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
There was a time where i felt the Flyers really had only 1 rival in the lindros and post lindros era and that was Devils and that was a big time rivalry.

Lately the Pitt rivalry has been at the forefront and last year took it to new heights. They are clearly our biggest rival as of now.

I cant really remember a rivalry with the rangers but im sure that will change some this year.

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
I'm a Ranger fan, and I don't see how we could be your biggest rivals.

On my point of view, I don't hate the Flyers at all. I actually like you guys more than anyone in the division because you guys seem the most similar to us—except for you guys winning way more division championships. I absolutely can not stand the Pittsburgh, NJ, and NYI fan bases. You guys probably don't notice NYI fans as much as we do, but I'm sure we have the same opinion on Pittsburgh and NJ fans.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I don't hate the Rangers that much. Gotta play them in the playoffs. 1997 is a long time ago

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
I'm a Ranger fan, and I don't see how we could be your biggest rivals.

On my point of view, I don't hate the Flyers at all. I actually like you guys more than anyone in the division because you guys seem the most similar to us—except for you guys winning way more division championships. I absolutely can not stand the Pittsburgh, NJ, and NYI fan bases. You guys probably don't notice NYI fans as much as we do, but I'm sure we have the same opinion on Pittsburgh and NJ fans.

yeah i really couldn't care less about the islanders. flyers have had their number for so long now, even though most games seem to be hard fought.

why do rangers fans hate the islanders so much?

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
yeah i really couldn't care less about the islanders. flyers have had their number for so long now, even though most games seem to be hard fought.

They all live in the same area? Rangers fans regularly fill up The Rock and the Coliseum, I think there is a lot of hate on both sides in those rivalries

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY

We live in the exact same area and we've been around for about 45 years before them and they won four Cups in a row which was more than the Rangers at the time. Also, the 1940 chants and pretty much ******** all over Ranger fans.

Thank god I wasn't alive then.

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
They all live in the same area? Rangers fans regularly fill up The Rock and the Coliseum, I think there is a lot of hate on both sides in those rivalries

guess that makes sense. actually JVR was from Jersey and grew up a Rangers fan if i'm not mistaken.

We live in the exact same area and we've been around for about 45 years before them and they won four Cups in a row which was more than the Rangers at the time. Also, the 1940 chants and pretty much ******** all over Ranger fans.

Thank god I wasn't alive then.

gotcha

Giacomin

Apr 29, 2007

As a Rangers fan it is a long story but during the 80,s the rivalry was probably more intense than any other. The Flyers/Rangers rivalry never really amounted to much after the Flyers Cup years since the Islanders landed in our bullseye.

TheLegendkiller

Sep 2, 2009
guess that makes sense. actually JVR was from Jersey and grew up a Rangers fan if i'm not mistaken.

gotcha

Yeah I don't really hate the Rangers too much. I HATE the Pens though. It seems like every since they started sprinkling their roster with "visor tough guys", pulling cheap ****, and acting like they're above it I've hated them.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I think currently it is the Pens. Even though the Rangers owned us last year, I would still rather do better against the Pens than the Rags this year.

LEIFey

Context Matters!
Jun 28, 2007
Ann Arbor, MI
Pens. Besides the fact that they killed us last year, I actually kind of like the Rags. That feels really weird to say.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad