• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
Caufield by a mile. Or several.

Caufield is a smart player with good skating, who scores goals in ways that should translate to the NHL very well.

Kaliyev is not a particularly smart player with below-average skating, who scores many of his goals in ways that probably won’t be available at the next level.

ThatsSoSlavin

Aug 23, 2018
Both have scoring upside, I think people are going to take the one whose shown more potential.

50 goals in the O is amazing, but breaking records with 72(?) means more in my eyes

Mike Hasselhoffman

Bell Centre Baywatch
Sep 17, 2011
I’m part of the minority (it seems) that thinks Kaliyev can be an impact player in the NHL...with that being said, the answer here is Caufield, and it’s not that close ether.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I like how Habs fans think it's not close. Thats great and all, but there's very little to indicate that's true. I'd say its very close, and I'll take Kaliyev slightly. Caufield is better off the puck and a slightly better goal-scorer, but Kaliyev is the better playmaker by a significant margin.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
I like how Habs fans think it's not close. Thats great and all, but there's very little to indicate that's true. I'd say its very close, and I'll take Kaliyev slightly. Caufield is better off the puck and a slightly better goal-scorer, but Kaliyev is the better playmaker by a significant margin.
The vote is currently 42-3 in favour of Caufield. Are you suggesting that only Habs fans are voting here. Are you suggesting that if Habs fans were excluded from the vote it would be close right now.

Im not disputing your take on the potential of the two players, but this result is the consensus here. It’s not Habs fans thinking it’s not close, it’s basically all of HFBoards thinking it’s not close.

Reactions: Hot Pockets

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Caufield will be a ppg elite player imo

Kaliyev will be a max pacioretty level player

Both will be 1st line players I just see caufield ending up a star level player vs Kaliyev ending up a good 1st liner

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
The vote is currently 42-3 in favour of Caufield. Are you suggesting that only Habs fans are voting here. Are you suggesting that if Habs fans were excluded from the vote it would be close right now.

Im not disputing your take on the potential of the two players, but this result is the consensus here. It’s not Habs fans thinking it’s not close, it’s basically all of HFBoards thinking it’s not close.

No, I'm suggesting that three Habs fans said some vacation of its not close, and I do think its actually very close. I have no issue with someone saying Caufield is better. I'm higher on Kaliyev than the consensus, so thats why my answer will be Kaliyev in this poll.

I'm struggling to understand why it wouldn't be close. Also, a lopsided poll doesn't mean its not close. It just means that most people thought Caufield is the better player. It could be that most of the people who voted in the poll think its close, but there's enough of an advantage to Caufield that it isn't a 50/50 proposition that'll yield poll results nearly 50/50.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
No, I'm suggesting that three Habs fans said some vacation of its not close, and I do think its actually very close. I have no issue with someone saying Caufield is better. I'm higher on Kaliyev than the consensus, so thats why my answer will be Kaliyev in this poll.

I'm struggling to understand why it wouldn't be close. Also, a lopsided poll doesn't mean its not close. It just means that most people thought Caufield is the better player. It could be that most of the people who voted in the poll think its close, but there's enough of an advantage to Caufield that it isn't a 50/50 proposition that'll yield poll results nearly 50/50.
Six people replied aside from you and I. Three are Habs fans, three aren’t. They all said similar things. I’m not saying they are right or wrong, but it’s clearly not just Habs fans going to thst extreme as you suggest.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Six people replied aside from you and I. Three are Habs fans, three aren’t. They all said similar things. I’m not saying they are right or wrong, but it’s clearly not just Habs fans going to thst extreme as you suggest.

Spin it all you want. Three Habs fans said some variation of its not close. One fan of another team said that. I'm replying to the three and disagree with the one.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Spin it all you want. Three Habs fans said some variation of its not close. One fan of another team said that. I'm replying to the three and disagree with the one.
Hamzarocks, thatssoSlavin and Dominance are not Habs fans. Lol. You said it was only the opinion of Habs fan when clearly, whether it’s right or wrong is the opinion and consensus of the board in general. It was literally six people saying theScore thing. Three Habs fans and three non Habs fans. Something inside of you, for whatever reason made you take notice and exception to the 3 Habs fans while ignoring the 3 non Habs fans.

Scuba-Steve

Jun 8, 2006
Québec
Hamzarocks, thatssoSlavin and Dominance are not Habs fans. Lol. You said it was only the opinion of Habs fan when clearly, whether it’s right or wrong is the opinion and consensus of the board in general. It was literally six people saying theScore thing. Three Habs fans and three non Habs fans. Something inside of you, for whatever reason made you take notice and exception to the 3 Habs fans while ignoring the 3 non Habs fans.

It's obvious the Caufield hype is getting on his nerve or maybe he just dislike the Habs that much.

He also said this in the Turcotte thread this morning.

''You'd hear a lot more about his play if he was playing for the Habs. He has the same number of points as Caufield, and I'm sure he'll finish with more during the season. ''

That's some passive aggressive shit right here.

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017
we shouldn't sell Kaliyev short though, he's leading the Bulldogs in goal scoring and points by a significant margin and he only just turned 18 at the end of June! o_O

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
we shouldn't sell Kaliyev short though, he's leading the Bulldogs in goal scoring and points by a significant margin and he only just turned 18 at the end of June! o_O
Kaliyev is having an amazing season. Personally, I think he’s severely flying under the radar. I think they’re both excellent prospects.

Reactions: Dan Kelly

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York

Three fans. What are you missing here?

This is one of those time where EASILY can be used...Caufield.

Caufield , and it's not close whatsoever.

I’m part of the minority (it seems) that thinks Kaliyev can be an impact player in the NHL...with that being said, the answer here is Caufield, and it’s not that close ether.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
It's obvious the Caufield hype is getting on his nerve or maybe he just dislike the Habs that much.

He also said this in the Turcotte thread this morning.

''You'd hear a lot more about his play if he was playing for the Habs. He has the same number of points as Caufield, and I'm sure he'll finish with more during the season. ''

That's some passive aggressive **** right here.

It is odd how the 15th pick is the most discussed pick of the draft after the players selected first and second. Or do you not find that strange?

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co

It's really not close, sorry. This is just another example of your anti-hab bias.

Scuba-Steve

Jun 8, 2006
Québec
It is odd how the 15th pick is the most discussed pick of the draft after the players selected first and second. Or do you not find that strange?

Not strange at all. Canadiens fanbase is one of the biggest in the NHL + the fact that he's doing great at the NCAA level is why he's one of the most discussed prospect at the moment. Pretty simple isn't it?

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
I'm just happy to have been able to post in this thread before it was locked. This is Caufield quite easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad