Who is the better player between Marner Matthews tavares

Who's the best player between the following ?

• Marner

Votes: 250 54.8%
  • Matthews

Votes: 116 25.4%
  • Tavares

Votes: 90 19.7%

• Total voters

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
As a Bruins fan Marner is by far the player that scares me the most of the three.

He was the only Leafs player in the playoffs last year that really stuck out. Dangerous all over the ice.

Reactions: Smif

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Matthews is the no brainer here.

So happy we have them all.

Matthews has that Crosby thing where you can put him with anyone and he’ll dominate and put up elite numbers.

That’s too hard to pass up.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
lol. It's Matthews and it is obvious to most people. Everyone in the know, coaches, GM's, media all know it's Matthews. HF thinks it's Marner.

Considering the ice time and line mate disparity this is not hard to figure out with production so close.

Marner kills penalties that’s why there’s a discrepancy.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Marner kills penalties that’s why there’s a discrepancy.
It's true that is a factor but it doesn't really change anything. I think Marner's contribution is more flashy but as recently as yesterday Boston's coach said what every other non HF NHL expert says. Matthews is the man. Marner will say the same.

It's only a thing on HF and that says everything.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
This Marner. It’s been Marner for the better part of a year and half now. It’s getting to the point where it’s not even remotely close. It’s too bad that for some of his own fanbase he has to do 10x as much for 10x as long to get a fraction of the kudos so easily given to Matthews.

The Beyonder

Jan 16, 2007
Here's the thing with Mitch; in every league he's played when the game gets bigger he plays better. The guy won every eligible hardware in junior. But I will say this, when Matthews is on his game he absolutely dominates. I'm just glad the leafs have all 3.

Reactions: authentic

The Beyonder

Jan 16, 2007
Interesting comment from Bruce Cassidy; he says Marner is the leafs' best player, in his opinion.

Albi34

Feb 14, 2010
I think Matthews was better than Marner his first two years but Marner took a bigger leap this year (injuries played a role but it is what it is). It could easily go back and forth every season.
Obviously Tavares is right there in the race with them right now but for how long?
I take Marner this year, but a 100% healthy Matthews going forward.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Speaking as a Leafs fan I don't think there is a wrong choice no matter who you think is the best player among them and I wish there was an option for Leafs fans to select all three of them together.

If I had to pick someone just for the sake of it I would choose Marner because he's just amazing to watch and I think he will become the second best plater after Connor McDavid among the players drafted in 2015.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
It's true that is a factor but it doesn't really change anything. I think Marner's contribution is more flashy but as recently as yesterday Boston's coach said what every other non HF NHL expert says. Matthews is the man. Marner will say the same.

It's only a thing on HF and that says everything.

It would be nice if Matthews could prove this to be correct this series, and I mean that sincerely.

bigbabybuda

Feb 19, 2014
Canada
I was wrong! Marner is the best player on this team as of today. I'm stubborn as hell and hate admitting it but it's true.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad