Who is the Best Young Talent at Dortmund?

Who is the Best Young Talent at Dortmund?

• Jude Bellingham

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Reinier

• Other (Morey, Unbehaun, Raschl, Collins, Pherai, Knauff, Bynoe-Gittens)

• Total voters

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
There are so many of them that I thought it'd make a good thread. I'll limit this to players born 2000 or later.

Best Young Talent means what you take it to mean. There is no guidance to how you should answer the question.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Tight between Haaland and Sancho. Sancho is more proven to this point, but holy mother of god Haaland looks prepared to be the best CF in Europe.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Either Haaland or Sancho. I went with Haaland because he looks to have higher potential but Sancho could end up being the best player pretty easily.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I'm not going to vote because I want to remain neutral. I like all these players.

This would be my best neutral description of how I see it without voting.

Haaland and Sancho are the two most proven guys so far. Sancho is probably the most proven of the list at the top level. He's produced incredible end product numbers. Haaland might be even more naturally talented than Sancho and plays a more important position, but hasn't yet had the same time at the top level to prove himself. He could certainly though become a goal per game player.

Reyna and Reinier fit into a really similar category for me. Reyna is a little more proven in Europe because he's already shown himself on the continent. Both guys are versatile attackers with well-rounded skillsets. Reinier might be a little more talented than Reyna.

Bellingham might be the biggest upside bet of the lot. His preseason was frighteningly good for a player his age. He looks like a monster box to box midfielder who could be what people thought Pogba would end up as. And he could show it as soon as this season.

Moukoko has all the hype behind him. He's been called a future superstar since he was 12-13, and he's delivered all the way up until senior football with staggering goal numbers.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Reinier is certainly more talented, but the main problem to me is exactly the contrary to what you said : his lack of versatility.

Bellingham could be what Pogba could have been? You mean unofficial MVP of a WC?
Yeah lofty expectations. If he has half of Pogba's career he should be happy.

Reactions: mfilipo3

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
And Haaland produced more than Sancho since both are playing together IIRC.
All the while getting into a new team, a new league and a new coach.
And producing in the CL knockout games when Sancho was under average.

Reactions: Stray Wasp

Wee Baby Seamus

Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Reinier is certainly more talented, but the main problem to me is exactly the contrary to what you said : his lack of versatility.

Bellingham could be what Pogba could have been? You mean unofficial MVP of a WC?

What does unofficial MVP of a World Cup mean

Reactions: NyQuil

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York

Reinier can play as a 8, 10, 9 or out wide. He’s not going to only play as a 10, contrary to what his reputation is. He’s not James or Oezil positionally, more Havertz positionally or if you want a Brazilian comparison, Kaka.

I didn’t mean to turn this into a Pogba hate-fest, but he hasn’t lived up to the expectations that had him pegged as one of the best players in the World eventually. Bellingham has that same style of play with that same level of potential. Maybe he reaches it, maybe not, but he’s the closest thing to Pogba since Pogba.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Pogba is one of the best midfielders in the world.
And Reinier can't play wing properly.
He's a 9 and a half.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
What does unofficial MVP of a World Cup mean
That he was likely the best player of that WC.
Best player in the final, best player on the best team.
Even when you think of the key goals for France like the Pavard goal it was Pogba that made the play.

Wee Baby Seamus

Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
That he was likely the best player of that WC.
Best player in the final, best player on the best team.
Even when you think of the key goals for France like the Pavard goal it was Pogba that made the play.
Maybe best player in the final, but throughout the tournament he was at absolute best #4 for me.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
The D is showing up in a big way for Washington right now. Moreland with his first ever INT!

Edit: Very wrong thread here....But hey it was a nice game for the Washington Football Team today...

Last edited:

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Maybe best player in the final, but throughout the tournament he was at absolute best #4 for me.
Yeah well not me.
He was the driving force defensively and offensively.
He was also the leader of that team
And again look at France's goals and the role Pogba played in them.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Moukoko has so far displayed what it takes, but in part that depends on whether he is only officially 15 or also really so.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I said Sancho, but honestly can't go wrong Haaland. Don't see many players Haaland's age with that kind of finishing ability. But I wouldn't sleep on Reyna

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I went with Haaland, but it's pretty close with Sancho. Haaland's goal production is just up there with the best.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->