Who is the Best Sabre to Ever Wear the # 15?

Who is the best Sabres player to have worn the uniform # 15?

• Gerry Meehan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gary McAdam

• Rob McClanahan

• Yvon Lambert

• Doug Smith

• Randy Wood

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
I figured with the hockey summer doldrums upon us, I'd run a poll each day on who people think is the best Sabre to ever wear a particular number.

There are 11 players who wore #15 at least once. But to narrow it down, I'm only going to consider those who wore the number at least a full season for a reasonable number of games. Sorry Bryan McSheffrey, Michel Deziel, Mike Boland, Geordie Robertson, Chris Langevin, Lou Franceschetti, Greg Brown, Sergei Petrenko, Milan Bartovic, Dainius Zubrus, and Colin Stuart. Jack Eichel hasn't played a game wearing #9 yet so he's going here for this poll.

Only consider how that player played while with the Sabres - so, not their NHL career in general.

I'll stick to the main numbers for which players are known.

Polls will allow voting for two days and I'll post the latest results in each poll.

Results so far:

#1 Don Edwards 77.4%
#2 Tim Horton 96.4%
#3 James Patrick 45.7%
#4 Jerry Korab 52.6%
#5 Mike Ramsey 84.9%
#6 Phil Housley 81.0%
#7 Rick Martin 98.2%
#8 Jim Lorenz 38.1%
#9 Derek Roy 91.3%
#10 Craig Ramsay 47.4%
#11 Gilbert Perreault BYE
#12 Ales Kotalik 57.8%
#13 Yuri Khmylev 89.8%

Please, no coaching, GM, or owner talk in here!

Your choices are:

Gerry Meehan 1971-1975
Gary McAdam 1977-1979
Rob McClanahan 1980-1981
Yvon Lambert 1982
Doug Smith 1986-1988
Randy Wood 1992
Dixon Ward 1996-2000
Jack Eichel 2016-2018

Last edited:

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
We had two players named Sergei Petrenko?

No love for Milan Bartovic? yeah he only played 26 games - over two seasons - with the Buffalo Sabres so he wouldn't be in the poll but should have been listed in honorable mentions. Or did he change his name to Sergei Petrenko? LOL!

I was about to pick Buffalo Stampede great Lou Franceschetti but then I saw that Jack Eichel guy was listed there at the bottom - had to pick him...LOL!

Edit - Opps! Lou didn't make the poll! I should have said I was hoping to pick Lou Franceschetti but since he didn't make the poll - I had to pick that Jack Eichel guy! LOL!!

Off Topic - Man I missed the Buffalo Stampede - that 1994 RHI Championship season was GREAT times. Even though they stunk - I missed the Buffalo Wings too - did an "internship" for them - their first season - 1997. Was supposed to actually work with them the next season but then they moved from the Marine Midland Arena (now First Niagara Center) to Buffalo State Sports Arena and decided to just have interns. (I already graduated from Buffalo State by then.)

Last edited:

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
I was about to pick Buffalo Stampede great Lou Franceschetti but then I saw that Jack Eichel guy was listed there at the bottom - had to pick him...LOL!

Off Topic - Man I missed the Buffalo Stampede - that 1994 RHI Championship season was GREAT times. Even though they stunk - I missed the Buffalo Wings too - did an "internship" for them - their first season - 1997. Was supposed to actually work with them the next season but then they moved from the Marine Midland Arena (now First Niagara Center) to Buffalo State Sports Arena and decided to just have interns. (I already graduated from Buffalo State by then.)

The Buffalo Stampede? Rick Corriveau, Alex Hicks, Mark Major, Jay Neal, Len Soccio, Nick Vitucci?

Never heard of them.....

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
Rob M was on the USA Olympic team...I think Yvon Lambert knew my grandparents or something, and I think we have a hockey stick of his somewhere, lol....Dixon Ward was a solid player....I remember getting Doug Smith and there being hype as to him becoming a good goal scorer...In fact, I think he scored on his first shift in the Aud which was really cool...

All that being said, I picked Jack.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
We had two players named Sergei Petrenko?

No love for Milan Bartovic? yeah he only played 26 games - over two seasons - with the Buffalo Sabres so he wouldn't be in the poll but should have been listed in honorable mentions. Or did he change his name to Sergei Petrenko? LOL!

Edit - Opps! Lou didn't make the poll! I should have said I was hoping to pick Lou Franceschetti but since he didn't make the poll - I had to pick that Jack Eichel guy! LOL!!

Fixed - that's what I get trying to rush this before heading to the pool on a summer Sunday afternoon...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->