NFL: Who is the best Running Back

Best RB

• Total voters

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
We are at the point where it entirely depends on the system, and the o-line. I don't think there really is a definitive best back.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
As a true running back I think that Derrick Henry is definitively the best RB in the league and in my own opinion it's not even close.

Power, strength, breakaway speed, quickness, vision, durability, in-game endurance... He can make quick jump-cuts and jukes, and has the best stiff arm in the league. Has success out of the wildcat formation, and is a monster on screen passes (not sure why TEN hasn't run more of these yet this year).

As far as I'm concerned the only real knock on his game is that he isn't really great at running routes or catching the ball.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
McCaffrey does a lot of things great and could have a lengthy career because of his versatility......but I'll ride with Henry in his own prime. This guy makes opposing defenses sore.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
If I was picking a guy to start a team I'd probably go with Kamara, but you really can't go wrong with any of them, maybe Cook is a bit injury prone but that's about it

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
Hard to judge RBs because they depend on the system and o line. If Bell was still in Pittsburgh he'd probably be in this conversation.

With that being said, Henry. He's the only RB who can carry the offense.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
While I think Henry is the most dangerous when he's on, Cook is the best pure runner in the league, there's nothing he can't do and he's absurdly consistent. He can break runs from anywhere, he's great in short yardage situations, and he runs just as well anywhere he's getting his carries from. If you look at his breakdown of yards per attempt where his runs are going to this year, it's excellent across the board:

5.4--6.2---10.3--5.9--5.5---4.4---5.6---5.6
---TE---LT----LG---C---RG---RT---TE---

He's avoiding more tackles than anyone by a good distance (36 to Henry's 31, in 39 fewer attempts).

Kamara and McCaffrey have roles that lead to crazy receiving numbers but Cook is great as a receiver as well. They aren't nearly as good or versatile as pure runners.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Henry is the most powerful back we've seen in awhile. I used to hope he'd be as good as Eddie George, now, that's selling Henry short, his has more anger with Eddie's power and ton more speed. Probably one of the more humble guys in the league too.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
While I think Henry is the most dangerous when he's on, Cook is the best pure runner in the league, there's nothing he can't do and he's absurdly consistent. He can break runs from anywhere, he's great in short yardage situations, and he runs just as well anywhere he's getting his carries from. If you look at his breakdown of yards per attempt where his runs are going to this year, it's excellent across the board:

5.4--6.2---10.3--5.9--5.5---4.4---5.6---5.6
---TE---LT----LG---C---RG---RT---TE---

He's avoiding more tackles than anyone by a good distance (36 to Henry's 31, in 39 fewer attempts).

Kamara and McCaffrey have roles that lead to crazy receiving numbers but Cook is great as a receiver as well. They aren't nearly as good or versatile as pure runners.

Cook has an absurd 6.0 YPC this year. I remember watching him all the time when he was at FSU, the guy is the definition of a home run hitter. Any run could go all the way

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad