Who is the best player of each country all time?

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
No one knows. :sarcasm:

Ah, yes, here we are, found him. Back issue, like real real back old issue of the Hockey News. If its in THN gotta be correct, right?... So Taro Tsujimoto was Drafted by Punch Imlach of the Sabres in 74. Center with the Tokyo Katanas. Doesnt appear to have ever played in North America though CL.... another odd one that year as well is Johnny Bower selected by the Washington Capitols, 16th Round. Played for the Downsview Beavers in the OPJHL. No statistical information of anykind whatsoever available on this guy. Ghost.

Last edited:

Pominville Knows

Sep 28, 2012
Down Under
Ah, yes, here we are, found him. Back issue, like real real back old issue of the Hockey News. If its in THN gotta be correct, right?... So Taro Tsujimoto was Drafted by Punch Imlach of the Sabres in 74. Center with the Tokyo Katanas. Doesnt appear to have ever played in North America though CL....
Aouch! :sarcasm: Maybe, maybe not. Leaning to the latter now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Kovalev, Mogilny, and Kovalchuk over Ovechkin? Really?

Hehe, yeah, a little bit too much. But Makarov was clearly better. And Krutov too - his failure in NHL wasn't about hockey and skill. And there were guys like Firsov and Kharlamov.

But the most interesting case is Bobrov. He was the best soviet hockey player in his time. But he was a superb football player as well. I mean he owned Chelsea in 1945 tour.

begbeee

Oct 16, 2009
Slovakia
Kuhnhackl sounds like German surname so I think he is German who lived in Czech. Around 3 milion ethnic Germans lives in Czech Republic. After all surnames like Reichel, Jagr, Hertl sounds much more German than Czech.
I never heared about Kuhnhackl being czech...altough it's quite a norm. Jan Benda was even German NT captain and he was Czech, younger brother of Robert Reichel also played for Germany.

As for the best Slovak player, I start to believe Chara took a throne from Stastny.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Ken Hodge - England
Sid Finney - Ireland
Wilf Cude - Wales
Cristobel Huet - France
Espen Knutsen - Norway
Poul Popiel - Denmark
Rod Langway - Taiwan
Ryan O'Marra - Japan

:D That Great State thats really a Nation Unto Itself called Texas - Brian Leetch

Poul Popiel (born 1943) doesn't really qualify as a "Danish hockey player", because even though he was an ethnic Dane and born in Denmark, he got all his hockey education in Canada (family moved there in 1951) and had also changed to US citizenship, when he debuted in the NHL.

Also Frans Nielsen has really surpassed him by now as the best Dane in the NHL.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
^^^ Ya, but for the purposes of this thread as I mentioned earlier, its based on place of birth. Obviously Popiel didnt grow up & learn his hockey in Denmark, emigrated to Canada, eventually took out US Citizenship. Willi Plett's family fled from the former Soviet Union to Germany to Paraguay to escape WW2, Plett born there in 1955. Ergo, Willi is without a doubt "the Greatest Paraguayan hockey player ever". EVER! Doesnt matter that in 1956 or 57, the family then moved to Niagara-on-the-Lake. Now an American citizen living in Woodstock Georgia. Willi Plett Sports Park. Golf themed... early version of a total Power Forward. 6' 3" & 200+lbs. Some serious skill and not afraid to drop em'. Drafted by Atlanta, over 12yrs accumulated over 2000 PIM's, deft hand around the net, best year in Calgary 80/81 where he scored 38G's with 30A's, over 230 PIM's.... not too shabby for a kid from Asuncion... Paraguay.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->