Who is the best goalie out of the 4 invitees?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Bullet

Feb 27, 2002
Bon Accord, AB
Visit site
As an Oiler fan I've been paying attention to Dubnyk a bit this year. He had a poor start but has been playing great the last while. He's been the Blazers best player and keeps them in more games than they should be. He's 6'5 and reminds me of Sean Burke. I think Dubnyk is a long shot for being the starter since he is an 86 born but I could see them giving him the backup spot to give him some experience for next year's team.

Beauchemin is playing on a poor team where he has been good but not great. I think he got invited based on his play in the summer camp. Nastiuk and Glass have the best numbers out of the goalies but they play on better teams which inflate their stats. I think Nastiuk has the advantage for the starting job.

Big Deaner

Mar 6, 2003
Calgary
Visit site
jcpenny said:
I'm from Montreal and i don't get to see any of the goaltenders from the WHL. I'd like to know who is potentially the best and to whom can he be compared to?

I don't know who the best would be I'd probably rank it something like:
1. Nastiuk
1a. Beuchiman
1a. Glass
1b. Dubnyk

Nastiuk led his team to the Memorial Cup last year and one a WHL championship on the way, Beuchiman played great in the playoffs last year, Glass' team Kootenay is playing great this year partly due to good goaltending, I heard Dubnyk has been struggling this year. Neither Dubnyk or Beauchiman looked that great at the summer evaluation camp. Maybe I havent seen these guys enough but I believe that Sutter will run with the hot goalie, the goalies who have the best camps will be on this team.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Nastiuk backed up by Glass. Memorial Cup experience is a definite asset as has Nastiuk's strong start for this season.

I'll disagree with the last poster. Consensus opinion had Beauchemin having the best summer camp. I attended all the scrimmage games and would agree. I am an Oilers fan and would like to see Dubnyk but feel he is behind the other tenders at this stage of development.

saskhab

May 12, 2004
Saskatoon
www.puckworlds.com
I think Glass will win the starter's job. I don't think there will be an assigned #1, but for some reason I think Glass will outplay the other goalie in the tourney. Glass and Nastiuk is the most likely tandem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->